You may qualify for compensation for your injuries and losses if a property owner fails to prevent an accident, injury, or crime in Hialeah, Florida.
Property owners must take reasonable measures to keep their buildings and properties safe and hazard-free. These measures include crime prevention techniques, such as hiring security guards or installing lights.
You may have grounds for a negligent security lawsuit if evidence reveals the property owner or facility failed to uphold its legal obligations for a safe and secure environment.
Consult a Hialeah negligent security lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Call (844) 638-1822 to speak to a member of our team today.
Recovering Compensation For Negligent Security
You may recover compensation for negligent security if your lawyer can prove that:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care to provide a safe and secure environment.
- The injury was caused by a lapse, error, or omission by the property owner.
- The injury caused damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
A negligent security lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can guide you through the complex legal system and protect your rights while you focus on healing your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
How Negligent Security Causes Injuries or Loss of Life
A negligent security lawsuit refers to a type of personal injury claim filed against property owners and other parties who may be held responsible for any injuries suffered while on their property. You may also qualify for compensation if a loved one passed away as a result of negligent security.
Crime and violence occur in places with insufficient or non-existent security. Crime can occur on public and private property as well as government businesses. Lapses in security may extend to:
- Insufficient lighting
- A lack of trained security and safety personnel
- Blocked or inaccessible paths, hallways, or walkways
- Blocked fire doors or emergency exits
- Inadequate training of security and safety staff
- Broken or inoperable security systems, including lights and alarms
- A lack of warning signs and other crime prevention techniques
- Missing or damaged security cameras
In many cases, a simple measure such as installing motion-activated security lights can mean the difference between safety and tragedy.
Negligent Security Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
How a Lawyer Can Help Your Negligent Security Case
When filing a negligent security lawsuit, compiling key pieces of evidence plays a major role in the legal process. A Hialeah negligent security lawyer can help you gather evidence, including:
- Medical bills and other expenses related to your injury
- Evidence of lost wages
- Photographs or video surveillance
- Eyewitness statements
Our lawyers may pursue compensation on your behalf without any up-front costs to you. You pay no fees unless we secure you the financial recovery and justice you may be entitled to.
Holding Defendants Responsible For Negligent Security Injuries or Fatalities
Personal injury cases often involve tragic events in which innocent people suffer injuries or die due to gun violence at a nightclub or another public place. Our legal team wants to help anyone who experienced harm or lost a loved one because of negligent security.
A Hialeah negligent security lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can examine the details of your case to help identify all liable parties. We help people injured due to negligent security in:
- Public transportation (buses, trains, subways, etc.)
- Shopping malls
- Movie theaters
- Parking lots and parking garages
- Sporting events and concerts
- Hotels and resorts (including guest rooms, hallways, and other areas of the property)
- Apartments, condominiums, and townhouse complexes managed or operated by a third-party
- Restaurants, salons, gas stations, convenience stores, and other places of business
You may have suffered injuries due to negligent security at another location as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Resolving a Negligent Security Case
In some cases, a negligent property owner may negotiate a settlement. Other times, either the property owner or their insurance carrier refuses to reach a fair compromise. In these situations, our lawyers can prepare a case to take to court.
Like most states, Florida Statutes 95.11 enumerates a statute of limitations that marks the deadline for taking legal action against a negligent property owner. Under Florida law, you generally have four years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you file a Florida wrongful death lawsuit, you have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing.
Recoverable Damages in a Negligent Security Case
A Hialeah negligent security lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC may seek compensatory damages for your physical and emotional injuries as well as injuries and losses that may extend into the future, including:
- Medical treatment
- Lost pay
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Disability and Social Security Benefits
- Wrongful death
In some negligent security lawsuit, the court may also award punitive damages if the court finds the defendant exercised gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
Talk to a Member of Our Legal Team Today
Our lawyers handle negligent security injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning you do not pay any fees upfront or out of pocket. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for a free case evaluation.