If you sustained injuries due to a defective medication, piece of safety equipment, or other product intended to better the lives of people, you may qualify to pursue compensation in a class-action lawsuit. Consulting with a class action lawsuit lawyer may help you determine if you qualify to join an existing class action lawsuit or start a new one.
The Miramar class action lawsuit lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC may help build your class action lawsuit case. We can help you navigate the legal process, keep your rights and interests in mind, and hold large corporations accountable for defective products and bad business practices.
How Individual Cases Become Class Action Lawsuits
Class action lawsuits arise when defective products, unfair business practices, or extensive employment-related disputes happen and affect hundreds or thousands of people. We refer to the group of plaintiffs filing a lawsuit as a “class.”
A class-action lawsuit forms when a class of people becomes certified through the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP), according to Equity Rule 48. Sometimes, a class suit occurs in which one person and that person’s lawyers represent many people who suffered harm in a similar manner. Federal laws allow for class suits to occur if:
- The number of members makes individual representation for each of them impractical.
- The class has the same particular legal issue.
- Legal representatives bring typical claims and defenses.
- The legal representative can adequately protect the interests of the class.
Federal law books outline the process of forming a class. The certification order requires these steps for forming a certified class action lawsuit:
- Time to issue “class action” status: Lawyers must file class-action lawsuits in a timely manner.
- Defining the class; appointing class counsel: The official order must define the class and its claims, issues, or defenses.
- Giving notice: The court must direct class members with appropriate notice practicable under the circumstances, including individual notice to all members identifiable through reasonable effort.
Lawyers may reach potential members of the class through electronic or physical mail in plain, easily understood language. The notice must provide the nature of the legal action taking place, the exact definition of the class, and its claims. It also must provide the option for people to self-exclude from the class and the option to appear in the case through an attorney instead of as an individual. Generally, class action lawsuits work well for defendants who would not otherwise seek legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a class action lawsuits lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Common Types of Class Action Lawsuits
Different issues may result in the need for a class-action lawsuit. The following includes a non-exhaustive list of reasons that class action lawsuits may happen:
- Deceptive or Unfair Business Practices: When companies advertise products or services inaccurately, they break the law. Class action lawsuits can happen when a business makes a false claim about a product or service and ultimately takes advantage of vulnerable consumers.
- Product Liability Actions: These class action lawsuits happen when masses of people sustain harm from one particular product. Toxic chemical spills and dangerous side effects of medications may fall under this category.
- Consumer Class Actions: If a company or organization has harmful practices, a class action lawsuit against them may occur. Unlawful debt collection, extraneous charges, and unexplained service bills may qualify for class action lawsuits of this kind.
- Employment Class Actions: When companies violate state or federal employment laws, masses of employees may have a class action case. This is common with overtime pay practices, failure to provide breaks, workplace discrimination, and more.
If you experienced any of the situations above or some other situation where a single entity may have caused you harm, you may have the right to pursue a class-action lawsuit. The lawyers at Ben Crump, LLC can help you determine if you have a case. Call us at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation.
Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Special Considerations in a Class Action Lawsuit
When you want to pursue a class-action lawsuit, the process for certifying your case with the legal system may prove discouraging without the help of legal representation.
Number of People Required in a Class Action Lawsuit
The law does not require a particular number of people to file a class-action lawsuit. The judge only needs to determine that the impact of the entity’s operations prove expansive enough to significantly affect the lives of a group of people. A class action lawyer may give you the legal perspective of cases like yours to help you navigate the legal process.
The class representatives have a legal obligation to defend and fight for the rights of the entire class. They do not receive special treatment, and they must have shared interests with the rest of the class. They must participate in the discovery process, which may include answering questions under oath.
A Miramar class action lawyer can determine if you have a case for a class-action lawsuit and may help you pursue it if we can establish legal standing. Statutes of limitations may apply in your case, and waiting too long to file may result in you losing your rights to take legal action against a company. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we may determine your eligibility for beginning a class action lawsuit. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (844) 638-1822 for your free case evaluation.
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC
The lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC may help build your class action lawsuit. We may help you navigate the legal process, keep your rights and interests in mind, and hold large corporations accountable for defective products and bad business practices. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so we will only accept payment if we secure financial awards on your behalf.
Call (844) 638-1822 to talk with a Miramar class action lawsuits lawyer today.