A rear-end collision can affect your life in many ways. You could suffer financial loss, devastating injuries, and emotional repercussions. In many cases, a third party could be at fault for your suffering. Some rear-end collision victims choose to file a claim against responsible parties, and in many cases, victims can receive compensation.
If you are interested in learning more about filing a lawsuit or a claim, it could be beneficial to discuss your case with a Phoenix rear-end collisions lawyer. The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available to answer your questions and help you understand your options. Call (800) 959-1444 today for more information.
Frequent Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions can happen for several reasons, even if you are a cautious driver. Common causes of rear-end collisions include:
- Speeding: Speeding is very dangerous and leads to thousands of accidents annually in the United States. If a vehicle is traveling too fast, it may not have enough time to react to stopped traffic or other obstructions, leading to rear-end collisions. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimated that in 2018 alone, over 9,000 traffic fatalities were caused by speeding.
- Break Failure or Mechanical Issues: Drivers rely on their vehicles to act in an expected fashion, but mechanical issues such as brake failures can become very dangerous. If a driver failed to have their vehicle inspected, or if they were knowingly operating an unsafe vehicle, this negligence could be to blame for your accident. If a mechanic failed to repair the car correctly, they may be responsible for the accident. Alternatively, a manufacturer may be to blame for a defective part.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other mind-altering substances is both illegal and extremely dangerous. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the annual cost of damage related to alcohol-impaired driving is in excess of 40 billion dollars annually.
- Distracted Driving: Any behavior or action that draws attention away from the road could be classified as distracted driving. This could include playing with the radio, looking at distractions away from the road, listening to loud music, or using a cell phone. Technology has made distracted driving more of a problem than ever before, and this can certainly lead to dangerous rear-end collisions that can change your life.
- Weather Conditions: Weather conditions can play a role in many accidents including rear-end collisions. Any driver who is not comfortable or experienced driving in any unfavorable condition should refrain from driving unless necessary. Drivers may participate in other negligent behaviors, such as distracted driving or speeding, that can cause a rear-end collision.
Regardless of the cause of your accident, you may need financial help for bills and other expenses related to the rear-end accident. Remember during this time that you have legal options, and the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available to discuss your case in detail. Call today to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Phoenix, call (844) 638-1822
Vehicle Accident Injuries and Loss
A rear-end collision can cause stress and result in physical pain and mental anguish. You might lose your car or other valuable possessions, with no way to get around or even report to work. You or a loved one could have suffered serious injuries, some requiring long-term and expensive healthcare.
Many victims of vehicle accidents also report emotional trauma leading to chronic anxiety, depression, or other medical conditions. Even if you feel okay at the scene of an accident, it could be beneficial to see a doctor. In some cases, victims do not experience ramifications until days, weeks, or months after an accident.
During recovery, you may consider filing an insurance claim or lawsuit against those responsible for your suffering. Determining liability is an important factor in a successful claim and proving another party was at fault.
Phoenix Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Determining Liability in an Accident
There are many ways in which someone could have contributed to your accident, even if you did everything you could to avoid a collision. If another motorist was driving recklessly, or was otherwise negligent, you could be eligible for compensation.
Even if you were involved in a rear-end collision simply due to driver error, you could still have grounds for legal action. Accidents can affect your life in several ways, and you deserve justice for your losses.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation for Victims
There are many different types of compensation potentially available for vehicle accident victims, and every case is unique. Speaking with a Phoenix rear-end collisions lawyer could help you understand the forms of compensation available to you and your family.
In some cases, victims can recover reimbursement for expenses related to their accident, like medical bills or legal fees. Some victims are also able to claim compensation for property damage, vehicle loss, lost wages, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Exploring Your Legal Options
During the challenging aftermath of a rear-end collision, you could be experiencing many forms of stress and struggle. It may feel like an overwhelming task to file a lawsuit or claim, but Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available to walk you through the confusing legal process and help you determine what course of action is right for you.
During a free consultation, a team member can answer your questions about filing a claim so that you can better understand your options. Remember that there is a statute of limitations of two years, according to A.R.S.§ 12-542, so pick up the phone today and call (800) 959-1444 to learn more about what a Phoenix rear-end collisions lawyer can do for you.