Have you suffered injury, loss of income, or incurred medical bills due to negligence or wrongdoing on the part of a large corporation? Others may have suffered similar losses, and you may be able to seek compensation as a member of a class-action lawsuit.
When companies behave negligently, it can cause real damage. Faulty products, harmful environmental practices, and discriminatory practices can negatively impact both consumers and employees. If the wrongful actions of a big company have affected you, you can fight back, and you don’t have to do it alone. A Washington, D.C. class-action lawsuits lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC wants to help you seek justice.
Our team can help you identify whether you qualify as a party to a class-action lawsuit and will work to help you seek a settlement as part of that class. If you believe you or a loved one may be party to a class-action lawsuit, contact our team today at (844) 638-1822 to discuss your case.
About Class-Action Lawsuits
A class-action lawsuit is a type of suit when multiple individuals have evidence of harm in the same way by the same responsible party. These individuals are a “class,” and in these types of lawsuits, a lead plaintiff or plaintiffs represent the class in court.
Often in these cases, the responsible party is a large corporation. Suing a large company can be intimidating. In a class-action lawsuit, individuals may join together to take legal action, providing the plaintiffs with the opportunity to take on the responsible party as a united group.
Becoming party to a class-action lawsuit can have several benefits for the plaintiffs. Class action lawsuits can benefit plaintiffs by:
- Easing the financial burden. Ben Crump Law, PLLC works on a contingency-fee basis. You pay nothing out of pocket and nothing up front. If you have any fees, payment will only come from the settlement you may receive, and plaintiffs share any financial responsibility.
- Providing the opportunity to sue for minor awards. In situations where claims awarded may be minor, taking on the responsible party alone can be too costly. A class-action lawsuit allows individuals to band together to seek awards for small claims.
- Easing the legal burden. Suing as a class minimizes your time in court as an individual because the lead plaintiff or plaintiffs represent the involved parties.
- Ensuring fair judgments. A class-action lawsuit means the same court and the same judge hear the claims of all involved parties. With this consistency, all the cases involved will have the same judgment. If the lawsuits are separate, judgments may vary from case to case and could affect your settlement. Suing as a class ensures a consistent judgment for all involved parties.
In most cases, the limitation of time for bringing actions in a civil suit is three years from the time damages occurred. If you have lost wages, acquired medical bills, or have otherwise suffered due to a company’s negligence, reach out to the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today to discuss your potential options. It takes only one injured party to represent many parties and begin the process of pursuing a class-action lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a class-action lawsuits lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
A Washington DC Class-Action Lawsuits Lawyer Can Help With My Lawsuit
Navigating the legal process should not become another burden. If the negligence on the part of a large corporation caused you harm in some way, a class-action lawsuit may provide the best opportunity to seek compensation.
Seeking justice from a big company can be intimidating, but Ben Crump Law, PLLC is not afraid to take on even the toughest cases. You deserve compensation for your injuries or losses, and our legal team is here for you. We will work to:
- Identify other individuals who have suffered similar losses by the same party and may therefore be part of a class-action lawsuit. There is no limit to the number of plaintiffs who may be involved, but involvement from many parties may help your case.
- Legally certify all parties involved in your case as a “class.” Following Rule 23 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, we will work to achieve certification as a legal class to proceed with your lawsuit as a united group of plaintiffs.
- Identify facts and applicable laws common in each plaintiff’s case.
- Identify common injuries or losses among plaintiffs. This may include lost wages, medical bills, and emotional and physical suffering.
- Fairly represent each member of the class and their interests in order to achieve the best possible outcome for all plaintiffs.
- Protect plaintiffs against inconsistent judgments.
- File a class-action lawsuit with a lead plaintiff or plaintiffs on behalf of all parties in the class.
The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC believes big corporations should be responsible for negligence or discriminatory practices that cause harm to the people they employ or serve. Companies should be accountable for their conduct and the safety of the products they produce, market, or sell. We believe companies should not take advantage of, harm, or mislead people without consequences.
You do not have to fight for justice from big companies on your own. A class-action lawsuit can unite you with other individuals who have suffered similar harm and losses at the hands of the same responsible party. When individuals come together in a class-action lawsuit, there is power in numbers. We are here to help you stand up for your rights.
Let Ben Crump Law, PLLC help you pursue the awards to which you may be entitled. We will work for you to help you try and achieve a settlement. If you are in the Washington, D.C. area, and you believe you may be party to a class-action lawsuit or have a claim that may qualify as a class-action lawsuit, call a Washington, D.C. class-action lawsuits lawyer today at (844) 638-1822. The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin seeking justice for you.