Most soon-to-be parents have a reasonable expectation: that their doctors do everything possible to deliver a healthy newborn. Obstetricians generally expect the same of themselves, but they don’t always live up to it. Whether your child was harmed at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital or at Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital, we can help.
If your child suffered a birth injury in Ann Arbor, Ben Crump Law, PLLC will fight for justice. We’ll assign an Ann Arbor birth injury attorney to your case. They’ll work to understand your child’s condition and your family’s losses. Our team will then seek the best possible resolution for your child.
Our Lawyers Represent Victims of All Birth Injury Types in Ann Arbor
As far as modern medicine has progressed, birth injuries still occur. Merck Manuals notes some common reasons for birth injuries, whether from medical errors or other causes. Our team understands the variety and complexity of possible birth injuries. We understand how to build evidence for birth injury cases and bring expert medical perspectives when handling your case.
When we accept a case like yours, we work directly with medical professionals. This lets us handle a variety of case types. We handle cases involving:
- Erb’s palsy
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)
- Stillbirth or post-birth death
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- GBS infection
- Meconium aspiration
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)/oxygen deprivation
- Fractured collarbones
- Shoulder dystocia
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injury
- Brain bleed
- Other birth injuries
Every birth injury is different. The child suffers in unique ways, as does the family. Ben Crump Law, PLLC takes a highly personal approach to each case. We’ll speak with your family’s doctors and you to craft a proper legal approach.
Your Family Deserves Respectful, Empathetic Legal Care
Birth injury cases are unlike any other. Your child may be in a fragile state. Your family may be emotionally exhausted. You deserve the most empathetic legal help, and that is what our firm provides.
You may choose Ben Crump Law, PLLC for your birth injury case because:
- We believe that the voiceless – including injured children – deserve our help most of all.
- Medical errors are among our primary practice areas, giving us invaluable experience in birth injury cases.
- Our team is available around the clock to answer your calls and emails
- We get results for our clients.
Your child’s birth injury may require round-the-clock attention. Your time may be thin between doctor’s appointments, therapy sessions, and your preexisting responsibilities. Taking on a birth injury case may not be practical for you. Even if you do have the time for your case, reliving your child’s injury could be detrimental.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC knows medical negligence when we see it. A birth injury attorney from our firm will work diligently on your child’s case. We will use our many resources for your case in Ann Arbor. A financial recovery could be essential to improve your child’s quality of life.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Ann Arbor, call (800) 641-8998
What Is the Goal Outcome For Your Birth Injury Case?
The focus of any birth injury case is the child’s well-being. These cases are always about working to repair your family from the harm the child suffered, first and foremost. We want to secure a financial recovery that will:
- Represent justice for the injured child, who had no ability to protect themselves from harm
- Afford your family high-quality medical treatment and rehabilitation for your child
- Allow your child to receive treatment for as long as they need
Birth injury cases may lead to several losses. Your recovery may reflect your child’s trauma (pain and suffering) as well as your own. You may also receive a financial recovery for any income you lose while caring for your child.
Our firm will create a full record of your family’s losses. Birth injuries are never the fault of the child or their family. The emotional, financial, and physical consequences of a birth injury shouldn’t be yours to shoulder, either.
Ann Arbor Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 641-8998
Our Lawyers Will Show That Medical Negligence Is Never Acceptable
Our experience with birth injury cases has exposed a troubling fact: medical professionals do not always act as they should. Tragically, your family understands this fact more than most.
Medical negligence can cause lifelong harm, especially when injuries occur at birth. Your obstetrician may have failed you by:
- Being generally careless or reckless
- Failing to monitor your child’s heartbeat throughout your delivery
- Failing to identify your child’s distress
- Responding inappropriately, slowly, or not at all to distress
- Failing to recognize and address complications during delivery
- Failing to order a C-section delivery which may have spared your child from injury
- Failing to account for maternal risk factors
- Using excessive force during delivery
- Using delivery devices, like forceps or a vacuum device, in a dangerous manner
Doctors are trained. They have experience. They should expect the unexpected, and know how to respond appropriately. When they don’t, tragic outcomes like birth injuries occur.
How Our Lawyers Work to Demonstrate Medical Negligence
Our firm will aim to demonstrate why your child’s injury happened. The cause of each birth injury is specific. No two birth injuries have the exact same cause.
When negligence causes a birth injury, we aim to demonstrate negligence. In order to show negligence in your child’s case, our team may:
- Work with your child’s doctors: Your child’s pediatrician may have the most insight into your child’s injuries. They may have seen the injuries immediately after they happened, and may help us diagnose the precise cause.
- Obtain medical imaging of your child’s injuries: We will share such images with medical experts, who’ll provide opinions about the cause of the injuries.
- Secure witness accounts: Witnesses may have seen specific actions and failures that caused your child harm.
- Gather all relevant evidence: We collect and organize any evidence of negligence. Such evidence may be the linchpin of your birth injury case.
Any person who harmed your child may be liable. Liability may also extend to the facility where you gave birth.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today For Help With Your Birth Injury Case
Our experience with birth injury cases in Ann Arbor could benefit your family. An attorney from our team will care for your family’s rights. We’ll fight tirelessly for the settlement or judgment that your child needs and deserves. Don’t wait to contact us.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 641-8998 for a free consultation. There are absolutely no obligations when you call.