717 D Street, N.W. Suite 310
Washington D.C. 20004
Injuries happen every day and range in severity. Injuries can be minor, but they may also have devastating effects on your life. You could be left with ongoing medical treatment, mounting financial debt, and even debilitation. Some victims cannot work after an injury. If your injury resulted from a third party, you may be considering legal action. A Washington DC personal injury lawyer may help walk you through your options. Reach out to Ben Crump Law, PLLC by calling (844) 638-1822.
Personal injuries occur for a variety of reasons. According to data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 39 million visits to the doctor annually result from accidents or unintentional injuries. Injuries suffered from substandard medical treatment account for some of these visits. Additionally, injuries can result from car collisions or incidents that take place on a property in which the owner acted negligently. Some specific types of personal injuries and accidents include:
- Whiplash and other forms of trauma to the head and neck injuries, brain and spinal cord injuries, concussions
- Fractures and broken bones
- Strains, sprains, dislocations
- Partial or full joint tears and damage to the tendons and ligaments
- Internal injuries due to trauma
The list of potential forms of personal injuries extends beyond this, and the above gives a small glimpse of the possible injuries you may suffer. If you were the victim of a personal injury caused by a third party, you could be able to collect financial compensation for your pain, suffering, and other expenses. A legal professional may help determine eligibility based on your situation.
Frequent Causes of Injuries
Understanding the causes of personal injury can help you take safety precautions to avoid future injury, keeping you and your loved ones safe. Some common causes of personal injuries include but are not limited to:
- Assault: If you are attacked by an assailant, you may suffer an injury. If this occurred on the property of another person or in a public area, the owner may have neglected to take proper security measures that would have prevented your injury.
- Workplace injuries: Some jobs are more dangerous than others, but workplace injuries happen regardless of your profession. It is the responsibility of your employer to provide a safe environment to the best of their ability, and failure to do so can endanger employees and lead to personal injury.
- Car accidents: Even if you do everything within your power to drive safely, you cannot control other vehicles on the road. If another driver caused your injury, you could be able to file a claim and collect damages from the party responsible for your injury.
- Slip and fall injuries: While some people slip and walk away with minor injuries, others are not so lucky. Sometimes the elderly population is at an increased risk of severe injury from falls due to a more vulnerable physical state. A facility failing to provide a guardrail along a walkway, a business neglecting to plow a parking lot after a snowstorm, or a restaurant with a faulty set of stairs may become liable for slip and fall injuries occurring on their premises.
You could be going through a difficult time following an injury, and your life may change drastically. While there are multiple possibilities of how your personal injury occurred, if your personal injury resulted from someone else’s negligence, you may have a right to seek compensation. Determining liability will affect whether or not you can take legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
In order for a victim to successfully recover compensation in personal injury cases, a third party must share at least some responsibility. In cases where a third party was even partially responsible, you may have a claim based on their role in your injury. Speaking with a legal professional may help you determine someone else was liable for your pain, injury, suffering, and expenses related to your accident.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Compensation Available for Personal Injury Victims
Potentially recoverable compensation is different in every case. Depending on the extent of your injuries, you could be able to collect reimbursement for expensive medical bills, supplies, procedures, and ongoing treatment. If you are no longer able to work after an accident, you could also receive compensation for lost wages. Sometimes pain and suffering awards also apply to victims whose quality of life suffered following an injury. If you are considering legal action, a free consultation can help you determine what a Washington DC personal injury lawyer may do for you.
Get Help Today
Injuries can leave you feeling completely overwhelmed. With your recovery, possible change in employment, and expensive medical bills, the last thing you want to think about is the confusing legal process. Victims of injuries involving third parties deserve justice and could be eligible for financial compensation. See how a Washington DC Personal Injury Lawyer may handle your case. Our free consultations can help you understand your options with no obligation. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 so you can focus on your recovery and get back to focusing on your health and recovery.