Birth injuries can cause extensive medical costs and great pain and suffering. You may deserve compensation for all of your losses.
Rely on a Middletown birth injury lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC. They will fight for every dollar that you and your child deserve.
What Awards May You Win in a Middletown Birth Injury Case?
Every birth injury case has completely unique facts and circumstances. We generally determine the awards that you may receive by:
- Identifying your child’s losses
- Identifying your losses
- Identifying future losses
- Assigning a value to each loss
We may seek compensation for you and your child through a single lawsuit. You may ultimately receive coverage for the following losses:
Pain and Suffering
Children undoubtedly suffer from a birth injury. The nature and extent of their pain and suffering will depend on:
- Their type of birth injury
- The severity of their birth injury
- The specific ways that the birth injury affects them
Specific forms of pain and suffering can include:
- Pain caused directly by a birth injury
- Pain caused by surgeries, rehabilitation, and other injury-related procedures
- Loss of a normal childhood
- Loss of financial independence (should the birth injury cause lifelong problems)
- General trauma from the injury and related symptoms
Parents, and the mother specifically, can be deeply affected by birth injury. The Journal of Caring Sciences explains that you may suffer trauma from:
- The difficult childbirth
- Clinical care that you must receive after a traumatic birth
- Other negative environmental experiences
Anxiety, fear, sorrow, and anger are four emotions that the journal observed in mothers following a birth injury. You may need medication and counseling for these emotions. Liable parties may be responsible for your suffering and for the cost of your treatment.
Your child’s birth injury could require expensive, and possibly long-term care. Depending on the nature of the injury, your child may need:
- Emergency surgery
- Intensive care
- Round-the-clock monitoring by a medical staff
- Ongoing supervision from medical professionals, even after they leave the hospital
- Lifelong rehabilitation
- Specialized medical equipment
Birth injury settlements should cover the cost of the child’s medical care. They may also cover medical costs for the mother, including:
- The cost of delivering the child
- The cost of any other medical services deemed to be negligent
- The cost of treating any injuries to the mother
Caring for an injured or disabled child can be extremely expensive. Ben Crump Law, PLLC will assign those costs to those responsible for the birth injury.
Other Types of Financial Harm
Your child’s birth injury may cause several other financial costs, possible including:
- Caregiver services
- The loss of your career if you must care for your child on a full-time basis
- The cost of feeding, clothing, and sheltering a dependent adult
- The cost of any other services directly related to your child’s birth injury
Our team will conduct a thorough investigation of your case. We will identify both current and future losses. These losses will be our baseline for settlement negotiations.
The financial target for your settlement will depend on the cost of your losses. Our firm is familiar with the legal system in Middletown. A birth injury lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC will resolve your case – you just focus on yourself and your child.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Middletown, call (800) 641-8998
Benefits of Hiring Ben Crump Law, PLLC for Your Birth Injury Case
When the unthinkable happens, Ben Crump is here for you. There are several reasons to consider Crump and his team for your birth injury case.
New York Magazine has said that “Ben Crump may be the hardest working attorney in the country.” This level of work ethic exists throughout our firm. We will bring this level of persistence to your birth injury case.
One reason to hire our firm is our impressive record of winning for our clients.
Recoveries That We Have Won for Our Clients
The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC has won more than $30 million for victims of personal injury and more than $8.7 million for victims of wrongful deaths.
We have also secured sizable individual recoveries, including judgments or settlements of:
- $12 million
- $10+ million
- $8.7 million
- $5 million
- $2 million
Once we review your case, we can tell you how much compensation you deserve.
How Our Lawyers Handle Birth Injury Cases in Middletown
Birth injury cases may involve complex medical terms and facts. These cases also require much effort and focus. Allow our team to complete your case by:
- Investigating why your child suffered a birth injury
- Identifying specific parties responsible for your child’s injury
- Determining how much compensation you deserve
- Gathering evidence and documentation of your losses
- Creating your lawsuit
- Filing your lawsuit
- Handling all case-related communications
- Pursuing fair compensation
When you’re ready to seek compensation, we are here to help.
Middletown Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 641-8998
Do Not Wait to Hire Our Firm
We understand that a birth injury can cause considerable trauma. While you surely need time to focus on yourself and your child, do not wait to retain our firm.
There are generally deadlines for filing a birth injury case. Waiting to contact our firm could allow your deadline to elapse.
There Are No Direct Costs for Hiring Ben Crump Law, PLLC
There are no hurdles to hiring our firm. The financial aspect of your case is not relevant, as you will pay us:
- No upfront costs
- No out-of-pocket costs
Our firm receives no fee until we win. You do not owe us a thing unless we secure compensation for you. All you have to do is call.
Click to contact our Areas We Serve today
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
Though a birth injury is traumatic, you are not alone after a birth injury in Monmouth County. A birth injury lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC will:
- Listen to your story
- Treat you with empathy
- Defend your rights
- Pursue the compensation that you and your child are entitled to
Let us fight for you during this difficult time. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 641-8998. Your case in Middletown is too important to fight alone.
Call or text (800) 641-8998 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form