As you prepared to have your child in Sterling Heights, you trusted your doctor to provide a high standard of care. Childbirth can be fraught with complications, after all, and a medical professional must be ready for any situation. If your child suffered a birth injury, we need to determine if a medical professional is responsible.
A Sterling Heights birth injury attorney from Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will serve your family and seek a financial recovery. A settlement or judgment may restore not only justice but also offset the cost of your child’s birth injury.
Birth Injuries Can Cause Significant Harm
Unfortunately, medical professionals commit errors more often than many realize. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, medical errors claim more than 250,000 lives each year in America alone.
We understand the toll that your child’s injury may be having on your family. Birth injuries can cause:
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering may stem from:
- An injury causing your child pain
- Emotional distress of both child and parent
- The challenging nature of caring for an injured child
- A child’s loss of physical or cognitive abilities
- Depression or other psychological conditions that you or your child experience
- Loss of sleep, which is necessary to care for your child
Our team will work with you and mental health professionals to understand your pain and suffering.
Significant Changes in Your Professional Life
Parents are prepared to do anything for their children. You may be willing to give up your professional career to care for your injured child. However, scaling back or leaving your career is not always ideal. You may miss aspects of your work, and your family may have less income.
After suffering a birth injury, a child’s life may be forever changed, and that’s always the primary focus. We must, however, consider the financial aspects of your child’s injury – it’s our job.
Your child’s injury may require:
- Extensive medical care: From emergency surgery to diagnostic imaging and an indefinite sequence of doctor’s visits, the medical cost of a birth injury can be significant.
- Regular therapy: Certain birth injuries require various forms of physical therapy. Your child may need this therapy to maintain physical health and require it into their adult years.
- Them to live with you as an adult: Physical and cognitive difficulty can make your child dependent on you, even as an adult. You may not think twice about housing, clothing, and feeding an adult child with a disability. These are costs that a liable party may have to pay for.
- Assistive equipment: You may need to purchase mobility assistance devices, retrofit your home and vehicle, and take other steps to accommodate your child’s condition.
Most families don’t budget for the cost of a birth injury. If your child suffered a birth injury, an attorney from Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will pursue fair compensation for your family. We can resolve your case in Sterling Heights while you focus on caring for your child.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Sterling Heights, call (800) 641-8998
Types of Birth Injury Cases that Ben Crump Law, PLLC, Handles
Our firm is dedicated to giving a voice to the voiceless. We consider birth injury victims to be the most vulnerable in society, and we take a personal interest in birth injury cases. We handle cases involving:
- Bacterial meningitis/GBS positive
- Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) from baby formula
- Spinal cord injuries
- Shoulder dystocia
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injury
- Fractured collarbones
- Brain bleed
- Meconium aspiration
- Erb’s palsy
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (HIE)/oxygen deprivation
- Other birth injuries
Merck Manuals provides an extensive list of birth injuries for your reference. If your child’s been injured, we want to hear about it.
We’ve Seen the Causes of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries can occur when medical professionals, medical providers, or others fail to prioritize patient safety.
Our team will investigate your child’s injury, determining if a doctor:
- Failed to account for birth injury risks like large fetal size or dangerous positioning in the womb
- Failed to account for a mother’s health conditions, including but not limited to preeclampsia and gestational diabetes
- Failed to monitor your child’s heartbeat
- Failed to monitor fetal distress
- Responded inappropriately or slowly to fetal distress
- Failed to order a necessary C-section delivery
- Failed in any other way
Medical facilities also have responsibilities to patients. They must ensure that doctors are fit to practice, provided with safe medical tools, and versed in safety practices. Any shortcoming could qualify as malpractice.
Sterling Heights Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 641-8998
You May Receive Financial Help For Your Child’s Losses
Our team will fight for the recovery your family deserves. Medical malpractice demands accountability, and it is our firm’s job to ensure that accountability occurs.
Our injury attorneys will:
- Obtain relevant medical records
- Consult experts in the medical field
- Work with your child’s doctors
- Determine the cost of current and future medical care
- Organize a record of your child’s losses
- File your case
- Deal with attorneys and others involved in your case
- Seek a resolution—either through a settlement or a trial
Parents don’t want to worry about legal matters after a birth injury. You want to comfort and care for your child. That’s where we come in. We’ll lead your legal case with empathy, respecting your privacy while seeking a sufficient recovery.
Click to contact our Areas We Serve today
Find Out More About How Ben Crump Law, PLLC, Can Help You and Your Family
Our mission is to protect you from further harm. You’ll pay us nothing up front and nothing unless we secure a recovery for your child. We may hire experts and investigators at no cost to your family.
Give Ben Crump Law, PLLC, a call today at (800) 641-8998 for your free consultation. Certain time constraints may apply to your birth injury case, so we recommend contacting our firm as soon as you can.
Call or text (800) 641-8998 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form