Many people assume that their rear-end collision is simply a minor fender-bender that could not cause significant injuries or damage. While some accidents are indeed minor, many rear-end collisions cause substantial injuries, catastrophic medical issues, serious property damage, and even fatalities on the roadways.
If you suffered any injuries or losses because a negligent motorist hit your vehicle from behind, consider how a Houston rear-end collisions lawyer could help you recover compensation for your expenses. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 235-0444 to speak with a team member about how you can protect your legal rights and receive an award for your injuries.
Understanding the Causes of Rear-End Collisions
Every car accident will have its unique circumstances. However, several factors typically play into why a driver collides into the back of the vehicle in front of them.
Driving While Distracted
Many investigations into a rear-end collision will reveal that something distracted the driver, causing them to hit the car in front of them. Some examples of distracted driving include:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on your cell phone
- Checking a GPS or navigation system
- Eating or drinking
- Having a conversation with someone inside the car
- An event outside the car
- Simple inattention
If a driver feels fatigued or drowsy, they do not react as quickly to stop in time to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of them. In some cases, a driver will fall asleep at the wheel of their car and collide with the vehicle in front of them.
Road Rage and Aggressive Driving
A motorist could simply drive aggressively or recklessly due to road rage. If a driver feels frustrated at traffic, they might tailgate the vehicle in front of them due to their anger at not moving quickly enough on the roadway. As a result, when the car in front of them suddenly needs to stop, the trailing driver does not have enough time to stop before hitting the vehicle ahead of them. In other cases, aggressive drivers might speed or drive recklessly on the roadways, which could also cause a rear-end collision.
Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
Unfortunately, people make the decision to get behind the wheel of a car after drinking too much alcohol or taking drugs. While there are specific laws outlined by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) regarding the blood alcohol concentration limits for individuals, some people still decide to drive while intoxicated or drugged. As a result, these impaired drivers do not have the ability to make quick decisions and often rear-end the vehicle in front of them due to poor and reduced reaction times.
If you suffered any injuries or losses as a result of a rear-end car accident for any reason, consider visiting with the legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, to learn how a Houston rear-end collision lawyer can ensure your legal rights remain protected.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions accidents lawyer serving Houston, call 800-959-1444
Learn How a Houston Rear-End Collision Lawyer Can Help Your Personal Injury Case
You have a legal right to represent yourself with your insurance company and in a court of law regarding your injuries and losses related to your rear-end car accident. However, you might feel overwhelmed at the prospect of negotiating with adversarial insurance companies or arguing your personal injury case before a judge and jury.
A Houston rear-end collisions lawyer can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages due to an inability to return to work
- Loss of future wages due to your inability to work in the future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
There are many aspects to filing a car accident claim with an insurance company or a personal injury lawsuit. Some of the ways a car accident lawyer can assist with your case include:
- Taking time to explain your legal rights as they relate to your set of facts and circumstances.
- Determining if an independent investigation should occur with respect to the rear-end collision.
- Calculating the full value of your injuries and damages and a total compensation or settlement package that would fairly compensate you for your losses.
- Calculating your pain and suffering losses.
- Determining the full extent of lost wages, including profit-sharing contributions lost, bonuses lost, promotions lost, vacation and sick leave taken, lost retirement and pension contributions, lost employee benefits, and more.
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies so you will not have to deal personally with abrasive, manipulative, or unscrupulous insurance adjusters as a victim.
- Receiving guidance regarding whether any settlement offer from an insurance company is fair for your situation and circumstances
- Helping you make the decision whether to pursue justice by filing a lawsuit if the settlement offer does not adequately compensate you as a victim for all your losses and injuries.
- Filing your lawsuit before the deadline set by Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 expires and representing you at trial if the case proceeds without a settlement agreement.
Houston Rear-End Collisions Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-959-1444
Consider Contacting Our Legal Team Today
If you suffered any injuries, losses, or damages related to your rear-end collision, consider contacting our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 235-0444. We can explain how a Houston rear-end collision lawyer can help you with your case. Our personal injury attorneys can help you determine the compensation you have the right to pursue for your car accident and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Call today to get started.