Injuries can come out of the blue in virtually any circumstance, but regardless of how your injury occurred, a Miami Gardens personal injury lawyer can be an asset in helping you pursue any compensation that you are entitled to.
Our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC will handle your personal injury with the care that it deserves, while you completely focus on recovering from your injuries. Call us at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation regarding your case and how we can help.
No Two Personal Injury Claims Are the Same
There is no blueprint for pursuing compensation via a personal injury lawsuit because no two cases are exactly the same. A Miami Gardens personal injury lawyer can be helpful in weighing the specific considerations of your case, then crafting and carrying out your case for compensation.
Though each injury and case is unique, history has shown that there are some common circumstances where negligence can result in serious injury. Some of these circumstances include:
- A slip and fall accident caused by unsafe conditions.
- Trip and fall accident.
- Exposure to dangerous substances that causes cancer or other illness.
- Fire leading to burns.
- Insufficient security that leads to you being injured.
- Injury resulting from a defective product.
- Workplace injury.
- Car accident.
- Dog bite.
The defendant in your case could be virtually anyone — a business owner, acquaintance, employer, landlord, or somebody else. A Miami Gardens personal injury lawyer will help you identify who the defendant or defendants in your case should be, then will set out to present your case for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
A Lawyer’s Role in Your Pursuit of Compensation
A personal injury lawyer serving Miami Gardens, FL can be a tremendous help as you aim to collect any compensation that you are entitled to, especially if you are on the mend from your injuries. A lawyer can guide you through the steps necessary to get your case started, and take over from there.
Some ways that a lawyer can assist you are by:
- Discussing your case with you in person or over the phone to get an official record of how your injury occurred.
- Filing the necessary paperwork to get your case started within the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim, which is generally four years from the date that your injury occurred, according to the Florida statutes.
- Speaking with your doctor to obtain their professional testimony, as well as any documentation for your injuries and medical bills.
- Collecting evidence of your accident as well as the circumstances that caused your injury, especially any proof that the defendant in your case acted negligently.
- Completing all of the legal steps necessary to complete your case, whether it ends in a judgment or settlement.
- Defending your rights throughout the legal process.
Our team wants to help you pursue the compensation that you deserve if somebody else is responsible for your injuries. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 to discuss the next steps in your case.
Establishing Fault in a Personal Injury Case
Your lawyer is tasked with showing the court that the defendant(s) in your case is/are responsible for your injury. They generally do this by:
- Stating that the defendant owed you a duty of care.
A duty of care generally means that a person shall not put you at an unreasonable risk of harm, and may be legally responsible for the consequences if they do put you at an unreasonable risk of harm.
- Proving that the defendant breached your duty of care.
The nature of your accident will determine what breaching the duty of care looks like. A business owner can put you at an unreasonable risk of harm by failing to maintain a safe premises, while a motorist may do the same by engaging in dangerous driving behavior. Your lawyer will consider the circumstances of your case to prove a breach of duty of care.
- Establishing causation between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your injuries.
Causation is a critical aspect of any personal injury claim, and your lawyer will do their best to link the actions of the defendant with your injuries.
- Calculating damages and requesting compensation from the courts.
Your losses may include medical bills, lost wages, and other financial injuries resulting from your accident.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Possible Compensation from a Personal Injury Claim
The details of each personal injury claim are unique, and your possible awards will depend directly on those details. With that said, you may be able to collect compensation for:
- Emergency transportation from the scene of your accident.
- Emergency care that you received after your accident.
- The cost of any surgery required for your injury.
- The cost of any hospital stay after your accident.
- Any lost wages or diminished earning capacity resulting from your accident and injuries.
- The cost of mental and physical rehabilitation.
- The cost of transportation to and from doctor’s and rehabilitation appointments.
- Pain and suffering resulting from the accident.
- Punitive damages against the defendant.
If your loved one passed away from an injury and you want to bring a wrongful death claim, possible compensation may cover:
- Loss of companionship for a spouse.
- Loss of parental guidance for children.
- Loss of financial protection including future wages of the deceased.
- Funeral costs.
Florida’s comparative fault statute dictates that you may be entitled to compensation even if you are found to have partially contributed to the accident that caused your injuries, so call a Miami Gardens personal injury lawyer regardless of the circumstances that led to your injuries.
Call Our Team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
We want to help you obtain justice for your losses. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for a no-cost consultation. Our clients pay nothing upfront and nothing out of pocket, and we only collect a fee if we obtain a settlement or judgment on your behalf.