After a car accident injury caused by an uninsured driver, your personal injury protection (PIP) policy pays for your health care costs, lost wages, and more. However, the policy may not cover all of your losses, like pain and suffering. An uninsured motorist (UM) or third-party claim will provide you with this type of award when the defendant negligently caused your accident injuries or loved one’s death.
Uninsured car accident claims in Minnesota are legally and medically complex, and insurers may not offer you what you deserve. A St. Paul uninsured car accident lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC will fight for your rights to compensation. We do not shy away from tough cases. Call us now at (800) 598-7557 for a free consultation. Our St. Paul legal team is available to you 24/7.
Types of Uninsured Car Accident Cases We Handle in St. Paul
When an uninsured motorist injures you or kills a family member, you have legal options when it comes to receiving a civil award for your financial and future losses. However, each case is unique, which means that you should seek the legal guidance of an attorney as soon as possible to negotiate a fair offer.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC represents the following types of uninsured car accident cases:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) claims: Minnesota requires all drivers to carry minimum levels of PIP protection since our laws follow a no-fault insurance system. Depending upon the policy limits you purchased, you will receive a minimum of $20,000 for medical bills, plus lost wages, and a minimum of $20,000 for other expenses, according to Minn. Stat. § 65B.44. Review your settlement offer with a St. Paul uninsured car accident lawyer if you believe the offer you received is too low.
- Uninsured motorist (UM) claims: Another form of coverage that you must possess, according to Minn. Stat. § 65B.49, includes a UM policy. This policy allows you to file a claim for mental anguish, future lost earnings, and additional wrongful death awards for survivors. These awards are more challenging to prove. Ben Crump Law, PLLC can preserve evidence and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Bad faith insurance claims: Insurance companies must follow Minnesota’s insurance and civil laws. If they unnecessarily deny your claim or withhold payments, you may have a bad faith insurance claim that allows you to pursue additional losses. Contact us if you think that you are the subject of unfair and illegal treatment by your insurer so that we can assert your rights.
- Third-party liability claims: When your accident involves numerous parties, such as vehicle manufacturers, governmental departments, or other insurance companies, a third-party liability claim will pay for any excess losses. Put your physical and financial recovery first, and work with a St. Paul uninsured car accident lawyer to deal with the insurance companies.
Insurance laws are complicated, and what you do not know may impact your case. Ben Crump Law, PLLC will conduct a thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of your accident and communicate with the relevant insurance companies to argue for an award that pays for your losses. Avoid making critical mistakes and hire our legal team to represent you or your loved ones.
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist accidents lawyer serving St. Paul, call (800) 598-7557
Compensation Available After a Car Accident with an Uninsured Motorist
The civil award that you can recover after an accident involving an uninsured motorist depends upon several factors, including your actions, parties involved, and the amount of money you lost. At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, our legal team will analyze your case and provide legal advice regarding your compensation options.
While the facts and circumstances determine the outcome of your case, we will fight for the following recoverable awards as applicable to your case:
- Past and future health care costs
- Past and future lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Wrongful death awards for heirs
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages
The full extent of your financial and physical damages may take time to develop, which also affects the amount of money you are demanding the insurance company pay you. However, a St. Paul uninsured car accident lawyer will document your past and ongoing losses and account for them when communicating with insurance companies.
St. Paul Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
Minnesota Statute of Limitations
Every state applies a legal time limit, known as the statute of limitations, to injury and wrongful death cases. If you miss the Minnesota statute of limitations for your case, you negatively impact your case with a few general exceptions. The type of case you are filing determines the deadline. Most uninsured car accident injury claims in Minnesota fall under general personal injury, wrongful death, or product liability laws.
Below is a description of the deadlines that apply to each case type:
- General personal injury: Up to six years from the date of your injury
- Wrongful death: Up to three years from the date of your family member’s death, according to Minn. Stat. § 573.02
- Product liability: Up to six years from the date of your injury
Even if you or your family members believe you missed the statute of limitations, there are allowable exceptions for underage claimants, those with legal disabilities, and other situations. It is vital that you review your claim with a St. Paul uninsured car accident lawyer to advise you of the statute of limitations that applies to your case.
Click to contact our St. Paul Car Accident Lawyers today
Ben Crump Law, PLLC Protects St. Paul Injury and Wrongful Death Victims
At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, we have a proven track record of success when fighting for the compensation that our injured clients deserve after a car accident involving an uninsured motorist. If you choose to hire us to represent you or your family, we do not receive our attorneys’ fees until we win your case.
Get a free consultation now to learn more about your legal options by calling Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557.
Call or text (800) 598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form