Getting injured in Nashville, TN, through no fault of your own can be disorienting and frustrating, especially when it happens because someone else was negligent. Personal injuries can happen as a result of car accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, and more.
If you are a victim of personal injury, the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC may be able to help you recover compensation for the financial and other issues that could result from your injury. Contact our representatives today at (800)-730-1331 to begin your free consultation so we can walk you through the process of filing a claim in Tennessee and tell you what you can expect when you work with a Nashville personal injury lawyer.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
Personal injuries, unfortunately, happen often, and there are several different circumstances that can lead to you becoming a victim of these types of injuries. These can include:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: Motorcycle accidents, head-on collisions, and more types of auto accidents are the leading cause of personal injury. When another driver behaves negligently and causes an accident that injures you, you could have medical bills, lost time at work, and more.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners have due diligence to maintain their residential and commercial properties and if they do not, they could be held liable for circumstances that lead to your injury. Retail stores, malls, business parks, and more may fail to maintain the inside and outside of their property.
- Medical Malpractice: You trust doctors to properly care for you, but sometimes they can make mistakes just like any other person when providing patient care Surgeons can get in a rush, doctors can misdiagnose, and plastic surgeons could make the wrong cut leading to further medical problems that need to be rectified. If your doctor commits medical malpractice, you may be able to get compensation from them for your medical bills or pain and suffering.
- Negligent Security: Any injury that you receive due to a lack of proper security presence at property could be claimed under negligent security. If someone attacks you, they will be charged under criminal law, but you could hold the property owner liable for failing to provide adequate security.
- Dog Bite Injuries: If a dog owner does not keep their dog secured properly behind a fence or inside their home and their dog gets out and bites you, then you could potentially get compensation from them and their insurance company for your injuries.
- Wrongful Death: Death under any circumstances is difficult to handle, but when that death was completely preventable and caused by negligent behavior, that is incredibly tragic. You and your family may be able to recover funeral costs along with other expenses like medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. Recently, Ben Crump was able to obtain a wrongful death settlement for the family of Breonna Taylor and may be able to do the same for you.
- Product Liability: Sometimes, companies create defective products or miss something in the manufacturing process. That neglect can cause an injury for you or loved ones and those companies, manufacturers, or the store that sold the products can be held liable for what happened.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Nashville, call 800-730-1331
What to Expect When You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
When you suffer from a personal injury, you may have a lot of recovery time ahead of you. This recovery can be affected if you are spending time stressing out about trying to negotiate with insurance companies or the other party. Instead, consider hiring a Nashville personal injury lawyer who can take on all of that for you so you can concentrate your energy on recovering. When you hire a lawyer, they will coordinate things such as:
- Insurance Company Negotiations: Your lawyer will know not to accept the first offer from an insurance company and they will begin negotiating with them as well as any other involved parties. They will try to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible for what happened to you or your loved one.
- Compiling Evidence: For your claim, you will need evidence to prove your case such as medical records, photos of the scene where you were injured, witness statements, security camera footage, and more. Your attorney will compile all of this for you.
- Filing Your Claim: In Tennessee, we have a very short window in which to file a personal injury claim. Your claim must be filed within one year of the incident that caused your injury, or else it will be denied by the courts. Your attorney will ensure that everything is filed on time to avoid this risk.
- Reducing Any Assigned Fault: Our state follows comparative negligence laws, meaning you can still file your claim even if some of the blame for the accident is assigned to you. However, your total award gets reduced by the percentage of the blame. This is why your attorney will work to get that fault reduced as they want you to get the most compensation possible for your injury.
Nashville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-730-1331
Compensation You May Be Able to Obtain
When you file a personal injury claim, there are certain types of compensation that you may be able to obtain for what happened to you. You and your lawyer will discuss how much to put in your claim and what will benefit you the most. That could include:
- Medical Costs
- Future Estimated Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Future Earnings Potential
- Wrongful Death
- Pain and Suffering
Call Ben Crump Today if You Are a Victim of a Personal Injury
If you recently suffered a personal injury in Nashville, our team might be able to help you recover the compensation you need. We have helped several clients get money for their injuries and the pain and suffering they went through.
Give us a call today at (800)-730-1331 to talk with one of our representatives and go over the details of your case in your free, initial consultation. We may be able to connect you with a Nashville personal injury lawyer who can take your case on for you.