A Riverside personal injury lawyer might be able to protect you from further harm if you suffered an accident or illness that was not your fault. The liable party should pay for your property loss, medical treatment, and other damages, not you or your loved one.
Our personal injury lawyers can manage your insurance claim, negotiate for a fair settlement, or prepare a case for court. Let us help you understand your legal rights if you or a loved one suffered injuries through no fault of your own.
If you were the victim of someone’s negligence or wrongdoing, call Ben Crump, PLLC at (800) 730-1331 for a free case review.
When to Hire a Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many situations when it may be in your best interest to call the office of a Riverside personal injury lawyer. Here are a few examples:
- If you or a loved one suffered bodily injury in the circumstances caused by another party’s reckless act, failure to act, or criminal act
- If you are getting the runaround from an insurance company about damages for your injuries
- If you are displeased with your current attorney and want a second opinion
California law provides legal remedies for victims of personal injury, but you only have a limited time to act. Under California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, starting from the date you suffered injuries. This is not much time when you consider that most personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance claims.
You are invited to contact Ben Crump, PLLC today for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Riverside, call 800-730-1331
We Accept Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
You would not go to a podiatrist for an eye injury and vice versa. If you suffered injuries through no fault of your own, you would feel most comfortable talking to a personal injury attorney who is familiar with your case.
Ben Crump, PLLC has a wide practice area that includes many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Ridesharing accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Racial justice and civil rights issues
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Negligent security
- Workplace accidents
- Labor and employment issues
- Dangerous or defective products, devices, or medication
- Class action lawsuits
- Wrongful imprisonment
- Burns and fire-related accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
A personal injury lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC will protect your rights and fight for what you deserve. You do not pay anything upfront, nor do you pay out-of-pocket costs. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis and are paid from a portion of the damages we recover on your behalf.
Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-730-1331
What Our Firm Does for You
If you are injured by another person’s negligent or wrongful act, it can be challenging to recover damages on your own. Few people are comfortable or familiar with the many twists and turns of our legal system. You have the right to consult with a personal injury lawyer to protect your rights and seek justice.
A lawyer can help by:
- Evaluating your injuries, prognosis, and damages
- Identifying liable parties
- Communicating with liable parties on your behalf, including negotiating a settlement or presenting your case in court
- Gathering evidence, testimony, and documentation
Conversations between you and your attorney are privileged information. It is often a relief for injured people to speak frankly to a confidential legal advocate.
Establishing Liability in a Personal Injury Case
California has specific statutes for personal injury cases. There are certain conditions that must be met before you can pursue compensation from the liable party, including:
- Establish that the other party owed you a duty of care to avoid causing you bodily injury
- Demonstrate that the other party breached this duty of care in some manner, through negligence, omission, or wrongful act
- Show how this breach caused your injuries
- Prove that your injuries caused damages in the form of doctor bills, lost pay, and other losses
The other side may try to blame you for the accident to avoid taking financial responsibility. Our lawyers will counter these tactics with a deep understanding of personal injury law.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Damages are the economic and non-economic losses that you suffer because of the injury or accident. There are two kinds of damages that are most pursued in a personal injury case:
- Special damages are quantitative losses, such as a bill from a radiologist or the cost of repairing your car
- General damages are emotional losses such as loss of companionship if your spouse died due to medical malpractice
Sometimes an insurance adjuster will attempt to downplay your injuries and damages. A personal injury lawyer will fight for the best outcome for you and your loved ones.
Compensation for Your Injuries
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could recover compensation for:
- Medical bills including emergency room services, hospitalization, surgery, prescription medication, and follow-up care
- Lost pay because of injuries
- Property damage
- Lifecare services
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
Our legal team at Ben Crump, PLLC has helped many clients recover compensation for their injuries. While we cannot guarantee the future outcome of any case, we have recovered millions of dollars in damages through settlements and verdicts.
Call Ben Crump, PLLC Today
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident or situation that was not your fault, you could recover compensation for your economic and emotional damages. A Riverside personal injury lawyer is here to help you through this process with professionalism and compassion. For a free consultation, call Ben Crump, PLLC today at (800) 730-1331.