If you or a loved one is suffering from injuries after a bus accident caused by someone else, you deserve to know your rights. You could pursue legal action that could allow you to recover a financial award for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Bus accidents tend to be more complex than other types of motor vehicle accidents. They often involve more extensive injuries and greater financial loss.
Please contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today, and find out how an Akron bus accident lawyer could help you recover damages and justice. Call (800) 921-7227 to speak with a member of our team today.
Our Lawyers Handle all Types of Bus Accidents
More than 170,000 Americans were injured in bus-related accidents in 2017, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). An attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, may be able to help you recover damages from an accident involving:
- Public school buses
- City and municipal buses
- Motorcoaches, charter buses, and “party” buses
- Church and private school buses
- Interstate and intrastate buses
- Bus accidents that a manufacturer defect causes
If you or a family member is recovering from injuries from a bus accident that reckless driving or other forms of negligence caused, you can explore your legal options and learn how an Akron bus accident lawyer could help you.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Akron, call (800) 921-7227
Why Bus Accidents Cause Extensive Injuries
The average bus weighs between 25,000 and 40,000 pounds, according to an American Public Transportation Association report. This makes a collision between a bus and a standard passenger car, bicycle, motorcycle, or pedestrian more likely to result in catastrophic injuries.
The most common injuries from these types of collisions include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spine, neck, and back injury
- Broken or fractured bones
- Dental and facial lacerations
- Deep cuts from glass and debris
- Internal bleeding
How Bus Accidents Happen
Bus drivers should undergo special training, pass specialized tests, and follow state and federal guidelines for safe operation. Even with these precautions, accidents happen, and innocent people are hurt or killed.
Frequent causes of bus accidents include:
- Distracted driving (including texting or operating an on-board system while driving)
- Drowsy driving (including falling asleep at the wheel)
- Driving while intoxicated
- Reckless driving
- Insufficient driver training
- Inadequate safety equipment or maintenance
An attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will examine the details of your accident to help you recover damages for your physical and emotional injuries. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation with a member of our team.
Akron Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 921-7227
Our Lawyers Can Investigate, Negotiate, or Litigate on Your Behalf
You have been hurt enough by a reckless party. An Akron bus accident lawyer can take care of the many details so that you can focus on resting and feeling better.
While it is helpful for us to have a detailed statement from you about what happened before, during, and after the accident, we know that sometimes it is difficult or painful to recall these events.
An attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, has the resources to investigate the accident’s cause and use this evidence to show liability.
This process includes:
- Obtaining evidence including photographs, red light videos, witness statements, subject matter experts, police reports, and other documentation
- Getting medical reports, medical tests, and evaluations from your doctor
- Filing and managing an insurance claim
- Negotiating an acceptable settlement to cover your damages
- Protecting your rights throughout and updating you on your case’s progress
You did not ask to be injured, but you can ask for help. It would be our pleasure to assist you in helping you seek compensation.
Affordable Legal Representation
Our lawyers work for you on a contingency basis. You do not pay anything upfront. We receive payment only if we successfully recover compensation on your behalf from a portion of what we can recover. You have nothing to lose by calling our firm for a free, no-obligation case review.
Click to contact our Akron Personal Injury Lawyers today
Financial Awards You Could Receive
Your specific financial awards will depend on the severity of your injuries, and in some cases, whether you played a minor role in the accident.
In general, bus accident damages often include:
- Medical care such as ambulance, emergency room care, hospital stays, specialists, prescription medicine, and rehabilitative treatment
- Lost pay if you were unable to work due to your injuries
- Property damage including rental car or temporary transportation
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement (such as scarring)
- Life care expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, or guidance
Our bus accident lawyers are committed to helping you recover compensation and justice.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
School Bus Accidents
School buses transport more than 25 million children each year, according to the National Council of State Legislatures (NCSL). However, only six states require seatbelts: Florida, New York, Texas, Louisiana, California, and New Jersey.
Because seat belts are not required on school buses in Ohio, children who are unrestrained at the time of a collision could suffer:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Blunt force trauma
Nearly 120 children died from school bus accidents in 2018, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). It is unimaginable that parents must make funeral arrangements for children who lost their lives in a preventable accident.
Wrongful Death Claims After a Bus Accident
Our lawyers could help you recover damages related to wrongful death, including:
- Final expenses
- Medical bills until your loved one’s demise
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income, benefits, or annuities
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, and guidance
If you lost a loved one in a school bus or other type of bus accident, please accept our condolences.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, Today
We know that recovering from a bus accident is challenging. You have a lot to consider as you work on healing from your injuries and focusing on putting your life back together.
If you are interested in pursuing legal action after a bus accident caused by another’s negligence, we can speak with you about how an Akron bus accident lawyer can fight for compensation on your behalf.
You deserve to know your legal rights. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today for a free case review with a member of our team at (800) 921-7227.
Call or text (800) 921-7227 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form