Whiplash can be a lot more than just a pain in the neck. This potentially chronic injury can limit your ability to work, participate in activities you enjoy, and even can impact your mental and emotional wellbeing.
If a negligent driver gave caused an accident that gave you whiplash in a car accident in Atlanta, they may owe you financial support so you can treat your injuries and recover.
An Atlanta whiplash accident lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC may be able to help you recover this compensation. Our firm defends the rights of our clients in settlement negotiations and personal injury lawsuits. We may be able to take over your case from day one. Ultimately, our goal is to make sure your accident does not harm you any further when we represent you.
To learn more about your legal options, call a representative of Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 959-1444 today. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payments required.
Do Not Ignore the Signs of Whiplash
Whiplash can be a deceptive injury. You may not notice it immediately after an accident. The pain may take a few days or even weeks to appear.
Whiplash can also come on mild and increase in severity over time. A common mistake with whiplash is assuming it will just go away on its own. Mayo Clinic recommends seeing a doctor for any whiplash symptoms after a car accident, and that medication and exercises may be necessary to recover.
Unfortunately, severe cases of whiplash may never go away, and victims can experience lifelong symptoms of this injury. Beyond the standard pain and difficulty moving the neck, whiplash symptoms can include:
- Side-effects with their hearing or vision
- Trouble sleeping, concentrating, or remembering things
- Frustration, anger, or depression
As you can see, whiplash can have a major detrimental effect on a person’s life. If a negligent driver caused your whiplash, they may owe you compensation for your damages.
If you have any signs or symptoms of whiplash after your accident, we recommend seeing a doctor for an evaluation immediately. Not only can this allow you to start treating any injuries you may have, but it could create a valuable link in your medical record between the accident and your injuries that may be used later on as evidence in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a whiplash injury lawyer serving Atlanta, call (844) 638-1822
If the At-Fault Driver’s Insurance Company Calls You
You may hear from the insurance company of the responsible party soon after your accident with a settlement offer. It is important to know at this moment that:
- You do not have to communicate with an insurance company until you are prepared to do so, and that they may be able to use statements you give them about your accident or injuries to try to reduce or deny your claim.
- You do not have to accept an initial offer. You may be able to negotiate for a higher amount or sue the insurance company.
- The amount they are offering you may not reflect the true value of your damages.
- Accepting a settlement offer could require you to sign documents that prohibit you from recovering additional compensation later on, should you discover new damages related to your accident.
An Atlanta whiplash accident lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC can handle all communications with insurance companies on your behalf when we represent you.
Atlanta Whiplash Injury Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Working with a Lawyer on Your Case
Ben Crump Law, PLLC can serve as your advisor and ally when we work together in your case. In addition to handling the communications, we can:
- Help you understand your legal options, the laws that apply, and the possible outcomes in your case
- Investigate your accident to determine what party is liable
- Produce evidence of their liability
- Produce evidence of the extent of your damages, including estimated future costs of care and the value of noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering
- Negotiate with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement
- Take your case to trial if they are unwilling to make you a fair offer
Our firm can also answer your questions and give you updates on the progress of your case so you can concentrate on your recovery while we work for you.
Financial Awards That May Be Available in a Car Accident Case
The damages that we may be able to recover in your case, if applicable, include:
- All costs of medical treatment, both past, current, and future
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Limit on Your Time To Sue
It is important to take prompt action in your whiplash accident case. You must file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations, or legal time limit expires for your case.
In general, Georgia gives accident victims a two-year statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit, per O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33. The rules change if you are suing a government agency. This may narrow your deadline to sue to one year or just six months, depending on what level of government you are suing.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you understand what deadlines apply to your case when you call for your free consultation.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
You do not need to face the negligent driver who gave you whiplash, or their insurance company, on your own. An Atlanta whiplash accident lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC can fight for compensation on your behalf when we represent you. We do not shy away from tough cases and are willing to go after any party responsible for your injuries.
To help make our services accessible to our clients, we take many cases on a contingency-fee basis. In this pay structure, we require no up-front payments. Our attorney fees come from a portion of our clients’ settlement offer or court award we may secure on their behalf.
To learn more about our services and your legal options in a free consultation with a member of our team, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 959-1444.