Getting into an accident on the road, on private property or in public, can shake you enough as it is. When those sorts of accidents result in the wrongful death of a loved one, it can feel as though your whole world has turned on its head.
The team with Ben Crump Law, PLLC knows how world-shaking these kinds of incidents can be, and we want to help you recover. You can collaborate with a Melbourne wrongful death lawyer to identify the party that may be liable for your losses and, in turn, calculate what compensation that party may owe your family.
If you want to discuss a wrongful death case with the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, you can reach out today at (800) 593-3443.
Wrongful Death in Melbourne
You cannot predict a person’s death. This is the case even for individuals who suffer from severe and terminal illnesses. The day death comes will remain unexpected until it arrives, and then all you can do is focus on your grief and recovery.
Wrongful death, however, takes a person you love from you as a consequence of someone else’s behavior. Wrongful death in the state of Florida can include:
- Death from exposure to a defective product or a product consisting of dangerous materials
- Death from an accident involving a motor vehicle, a bicycle, or pedestrians
- Death from medical malpractice
- Death from workplace negligence
A Melbourne wrongful death lawyer can help you present an applicable case in civil court as opposed to criminal court, as wrongful death cases do not accuse the liable party of intentionally harming the victim. Instead, negligence plays a far more significant role in wrongful death cases.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Melbourne, call (800) 593-3443
Look Over Your Case with Help from a Melbourne Wrongful Death Lawyer
Your grief should take priority after the wrongful death of a loved one. A Melbourne wrongful death lawyer can help you manage that grief while also taking legal action against the party you believe to be responsible for your loved one’s death. Together, you can maneuver through the legalities of the matter and fight for justice.
This fight does not, however, have to take place in court. It is possible for a potentially-liable party to reach out to you and offer you a settlement before you have time to take legal action. In these cases, you can share news of the offer with a Melbourne wrongful death lawyer and determine whether or not it seems to attend to all of your needs. If the settlement appears insufficient, an attorney can negotiate on your behalf.
Alternatively, if the party you believe to be liable for a loved one’s death does not come forward with a settlement and otherwise refuses to communicate with you, the case may have to go to court. A Melbourne wrongful death lawyer can help you draft a complaint to file with a local justice that identifies a specific party as liable and presses your request for compensation.
Breaking Your Case Down
Complaints begin civil cases and require that you:
- Identify the party you believe to be liable for the wrongful death of a loved one and any other losses affiliated with their passing
- Evidence to back up your claim that a specific party may be liable for your losses
- An estimation of the compensation you believe yourself to be owed
- The calculations that led you to the aforementioned calculation
You can work with a Melbourne wrongful death lawyer as well as an independent inspector to determine what evidence best backs your assigned liability. Viable forms of evidence in a wrongful death case can include but are not limited to:
- Eyewitness testimony of what occurred during the accident in question
- The opinions of medical professionals who interacted with and cared for your loved one
- Police reports from the scene of the accident, if applicable
- Video, audio, or photo footage from the scene of the accident
- A death certificate for the victim
With this information at hand, you can calculate what compensation the liable party may owe you for your losses. This can include:
- Medical expenses needed to ease the financial burden you and anyone else involved in the accident are facing
- The cost of medical treatments you may need in the future to retain or reclaim your previous quality of life
- The expenses related to the care of the passing party
- Victim’s lost wages
- Loss of support for a victim’s children or loved ones
- Lost companionship
- Lost inheritance
- The cost of a funeral
You can find out more details about Florida’s allowances for families suffering from wrongful death in Florida Statute § 768.21.
Melbourne Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (800) 593-3443
Spare Your Bank Account Any Stress
Wrongful death can do more than shake you emotionally. Before you have a chance to fight for compensation, you may find yourself concerned about your financial standing.
The team with Ben Crump Law, PLLC recognizes that paying for legal services can intimidate many grieving families. That is why the firm chooses to work on contingency. We do not bill you for the legal services you benefit from unless you receive compensation for your losses. Even then, in accordance with the American Bar Association, you can pay via a percentage of your settlement instead of your savings.
A Melbourne Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Let You Fight and Grieve
After a loved one passes away, you need to take time for yourself to recover. You do not need to sacrifice your mourning period.
The team with Ben Crump Law, PLLC wants to give you the means to go about celebrating your loved one’s life. A Melbourne wrongful death lawyer can help you understand what went wrong in your accident and what party may, in turn, be liable for your losses. Together, you can calculate your potential compensation and start to make your way towards justice.
If you want to discuss a wrongful death case with the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, you can reach out at (800) 593-3443.