Class action lawsuits are a course of action for recovering losses when a large number of people have suffered harm in similar circumstances. These lawsuits may arise from a mass-produced product that proves to be defective, an environmental hazard, widespread discrimination that affects a significant number of people, a natural disaster that resulted from somebody’s action or inaction, or any number of other circumstances.
If you or a loved one has fallen victim to one of these or another circumstance, or simply want to know more about ongoing class-action lawsuits, call our team of Miami class-action lawsuits lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-709-1441. We handle cases on a contingency fee, which means no upfront costs for you.
Class Action Lawsuits Come in Many Different Forms
A class-action lawsuit can arise from any number of circumstances. All that is required for a class action lawsuit is a large number of people being harmed due to somebody else’s actions, and a single plaintiff and lawyer willing to take the lead in the case.
Some of the circumstances that may warrant the filing of a class-action lawsuit include:
- A natural disaster that was caused or made worse by the decisions of one or more people
- A defective product that resulted in tangible harm
- Allegations of repeated or systemic discrimination by an individual or institution
- A defective medical device or product
- Violations of various consumer protection laws
If you are uncertain whether you are eligible to join a class-action lawsuit, you can check databases of open class action lawsuits, or speak to our team of Miami class-action lawsuits lawyers who can inform you of the presence of class action lawsuits that you may qualify for.
For a free legal consultation with a class action lawyer serving Miami, call 800-959-1444
The Benefits of a Class Action Suit
A class-action lawsuit benefits those who have sustained harm from the same party in the same or highly similar fashion. Victims of a single defendant can create a joint lawsuit under the name of one or more class representatives, who represent the larger group.
The benefits of bringing a class action lawsuit include:
- Minimizing legal costs for the plaintiffs
- Streamlining the legal process, as a judgment for one victim serves as a judgment for all victims involved in the suit, rather than having each plaintiff bring a case individually
- Maximizing the resources and skills of several attorneys towards a single goal in a single case, rather than spreading them across numerous cases
- Reducing the legal, time, and financial burden for each plaintiff
- Minimizing the risk associated with judgments that are inconsistent with each other
There is no limit to how many people can join a class-action suit, and because there are no upfront legal fees, it does not cost a plaintiff directly to join. If you hire our team of Miami class-action lawsuits lawyers to pursue your case, we generally take our fee after the class action receives a judgment or settlement.
Miami Class Action Lawyer Near Me 800-959-1444
The Value of a Miami Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer to a Suit
Our Miami class-action lawsuits lawyers can assist you in joining any class action lawsuit or help you become the lead plaintiff in a new class-action suit if necessary. They can assist you further by:
- Documenting your account of wrongdoing
- Initiating your case or helping you join a class action suit promptly
- Handling your pursuit of compensation from start to finish
Do Not Wait to Call a Miami Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer
Regardless of which class-action suit that you join or start, there may be a time limit restricting your ability to collect damages. Do not wait to call a lawyer once you decide that you want to pursue compensation through a class-action lawsuit.
If you fail to take action before the time limit expires, you may be unable to recover the compensation you and your family deserve. Let our team handle meeting the deadlines for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Compensation in a Class Action Suit
The circumstances of each case vary, but compensation resulting from your class action suit may cover:
- Medical expenses related to the cause of the class-action suit
- Lost wages or diminished earning capacity caused by injuries related to the cause of the suit
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Miscellaneous expenses
- And more
Call Our Team of Miami Class Action Lawsuits Lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
Our team of Miami class-action lawsuits lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you. We can help you decide whether joining or starting a class action suit is the right choice for you. Call our team today at 800-709-1441 for a free consultation. Remember that we work on a contingency basis, which means we recover nothing unless you do. There is no risk when working with our team.