Ridesharing can be a convenient method of transportation, and it is easy to see why it has become more prevalent in recent years. However, some passengers and users of ridesharing services have negative experiences while relying on an unknown driver for their safety. In some cases, ridesharing accidents can even occur.
If you or a loved one were involved in a ridesharing accident that was not your fault, you might have experienced an injury, property loss, emotional trauma, and other forms of suffering.
Victims of ridesharing accidents are sometimes eligible for compensation. If you would like to explore what legal options are available to you, a Phoenix ridesharing accident lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available to help. Call (800) 598-7557 to speak with a team member today to learn more about what you can do next.
Causes of Ridesharing Accidents
Getting in a car with a ridesharing driver means putting your safety in the hands of a relative stranger. While ridesharing services have protocols for their drivers, some drivers are still unsafe. If your driver engaged in any of the following dangerous behaviors, you could be eligible to file a legal claim:
- Distracted Driving: If your ridesharing driver was playing with the radio or map, engaging in unnecessary conversation, listening to loud music, looking away from the road, or using their phone at the time of your accident, distracted driving could have been a factor. In 2018 alone, distracted driving was the reason for nearly 3,000 fatalities in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Reckless Driving: Careless or reckless driving can also lead to accidents. If you were using a ridesharing service and thought your driver was out of control or reckless leading up to your accident, this could have played a factor. Reckless driving is consistently a leading cause of accidents annually.
- Driving Under The Influence: Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other mind-altering substances is both illegal and extremely dangerous. If you suspect your ridesharing driver was under the influence at the time of your accident, you could be entitled to compensation. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the financial implications of impaired driving are approximately $44 billion per year in the U.S. alone.
- Driving With Mechanical Issues: Every vehicle on the road should be inspected regularly and fit to drive. If your ridesharing vehicle had any mechanical issues or was not inspected within the mandated timeline, this negligence could have contributed to your ridesharing accident.
- Speeding: Speed limits exist to keep everyone on the road safe. When a driver chooses to disobey speed laws, they are putting themselves, their passengers, and everyone else on the road at risk. Speeding decreases the amount of time a driver has to react on the road. Additionally, speeding can cause higher impact accidents with the potential for severe injuries and losses.
There are many ways in which ridesharing accidents can occur, and they can significantly impact your life in negative ways. If you or your loved one was injured in a ridesharing accident and you suspect your driver was at fault, a Phoenix ridesharing accident lawyer from Ben Crump Law might be able to help you. Call us to review your case with a team member today.
For a free legal consultation with a ridesharing accidents lawyer serving Phoenix, call (800) 598-7557
Pain and Suffering from Ridesharing Accidents
Nothing can make up for the pain, suffering, and loss you might experience from an accident, but sometimes, taking legal action can help bring justice for victims. If you were involved in a ridesharing accident, there are several ways in which your life might be impacted.
- Property Loss: Ridesharing accidents can result in loss of personal property that is expensive to replace.
- Injuries: You can suffer a range of injuries from ridesharing accidents. Some injuries can take a long time to recover from, leading to expensive medical bills and impacting your daily life. Victims of accidents sometimes do not notice injuries until after an accident occurs.
- Emotional Suffering: An accident can have a profound impact on your emotional well-being. Experiencing a traumatic event can lead to stress, anxiety, and fear of future travel on the road.
- Death: In severe cases, ridesharing accidents can be fatal.
Remember, during this challenging time, you could be able to recover compensation that can help you and your family on your way to recovery.
Phoenix Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
If you suffered an injury, property loss, or any other losses following a ridesharing accident, you might be eligible for various forms of compensation. If you lost your ability to work or earn wages as the result of your accident, lost wages could additionally be recovered by filing a legal claim.
The types of compensation available for you or your loved ones depends on your specific situation, so it could be in your best interest to consult with a personal injury lawyer who might be able to evaluate your case.
Click to contact our Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers today
Getting Legal Help
Navigating the legal process can be complex, confusing, and even overwhelming as you struggle to put your life back together after a ridesharing accident, but filing a claim could be a great option to restore order to your life and pursue justice against those responsible for your suffering.
If you are interested in exploring your options, Ben Crump Law, PLLC to see how a Phoenix ridesharing accident lawyer can help you with your personal injury case during a free, no-obligation consultation. A team member is standing by to discuss your case today. Call (800) 598-7557 to learn more.
Call or text (800) 598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form