San Jose has nearly perfect weather year-round for riding a motorcycle. Motorcycles are also cheaper to fill up at the gas station. However, motorcycles offer little protection when you are in an accident.
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, a San Jose motorcycle accident lawyer might be able to help you recover damages. You do not have to pay anything upfront for our legal team to work on your behalf. It was not your fault that you are suffering, and you should not have to endure financial hardship because of someone’s negligence.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-959-1444 today for a free consultation with a member of our firm. We can tell you whether you have a case and how we can help you.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Although motorcyclists in California are required to wear a helmet under California Vehicle Code section 27803, the state has the second-highest number of motorcycle fatalities, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
We recommend that you call our firm if you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, or if you lost a loved one in this type of collision. A San Jose motorcycle accident lawyer can protect your rights and seek compensation for medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC has recovered more than $30 million in damages for our clients with a process that includes:
- Free, no-obligation case review
- Obtain evidence, testimony, and documentation of liability or wrongdoing
- Compile all medical bills, receipts, and other expenses
- File an insurance claim and negotiate for an acceptable settlement
- Prepare a case for court if necessary
You are invited to call our firm for a free consultation. You might find that you have better peace of mind knowing that your legal rights are being protected and that our team is focused on seeking compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving San Jose, call 800-924-3113
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Pursue Compensation
Most collisions are caused by negligence. Even if the other driver did not mean to harm you, you still have the right to seek compensation for your physical and emotional injuries.
A motorcycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can pursue recovery for damages such as:
- Property damage, including repairs, replacement, and temporary transportation.
- Medical care and treatment, including ambulance, emergency room services, surgery, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, and other related costs.
- Lost pay while you were injured.
- Reduced earning ability if you are temporarily or permanently disabled from your injuries.
- Lifecare or domestic services.
- Loss of consortium or companionship.
- Pain and suffering.
- Diminished quality of life.
You have the right to hire a legal advocate who can protect your rights and help you with compensation. We would be honored to help you and your family during this difficult time.
San Jose Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-924-3113
Ben Crump Law, PLLC Accepts Many Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases
You could be entitled to compensation from the liable party if you were injured as a motorcycle rider or passenger in an accident. Our firm handles many types of motorcycle accidents, including those caused by:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted drivers
- Fatigued or drowsy drivers
- Unsafe lane changes
- Turns in front of the motorcycle
- Car doors opening into the motorcycle
- Failure to yield
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
- Speeding and other forms of reckless driving
- Defective manufacturer parts
- Dangerous road conditions, such as debris
Our firm relieves you of the burden of pursuing compensation through a settlement or a verdict. This lets you focus on your health and well-being.
We Take Care of the Details
Some of the worst injury cases that we have seen are the result of a motorcycle accident. You could be unable to work for weeks or even months if you suffered from such injuries as:
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Spine, neck, or back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
The other party’s insurance adjuster may try to downplay, deny, or delay paying your claim. If you are feeling unwell, the last thing you want to do is argue about an insurance settlement.
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving San Jose can help you by:
- Securing evidence of liability and your injuries
- Filing a claim against the other party’s insurance
- Negotiating on your behalf for a fair settlement
Our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC keeps you informed about your case throughout this process. While many cases are resolved without the need to go to court, a motorcycle accident lawyer with our firm can prepare for trial if necessary.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Lane Splitting May Cause More Accidents
In 2017, the California Vehicle Code section 21658.1 passed regarding lane splitting, where motorcyclists drive between the lanes of traffic when motorists are slowed or stopped.
While lane splitting can be an effective way for motorcyclists to maneuver through San Jose’s famously congested roadways, it should only be used when conditions allow.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) offers safety tips for motorcyclists who want to take advantage of lane splitting, including:
- Inexperienced riders should not attempt to lane split.
- Lane splitting is only allowed in traffic that is driving in the same direction.
- Avoid lane splitting next to trucks, motorhomes, and other large vehicles because you may be in the driver’s blind spot.
- Lane splitting onto the shoulder is illegal.
- Your risk of an accident increases as speed and speed differential increase.
You should always consider lighting, road conditions, weather, and the width of the lanes.
A San Jose motorcycle accident lawyer works for you, not the insurance company. Let Ben Crump Law, PLLC help you recover damages from an accident that was not your fault. Call 800-959-1444 for a free case review.