The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicate 3 million older people visit emergency rooms every year for slip and fall injuries. However, any person can suffer serious injuries from a slip and fall accident. If you have suffered injuries as a result of a slip and fall accident, learn how a Tampa slip and fall injury lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 647-3113 can help you receive compensation for your injuries and losses.
How Legal Representation Can Help Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents
If you have suffered injuries related to a slip and fall accident, you may be facing medical bills, possible surgeries, physical therapy, loss of wages due to your inability to return to work, and pain and suffering.
As a result, you may feel frustrated and overwhelmed as you attempt to receive compensation from an insurance company for your injuries and losses. Learn more how legal representation from a Tampa slip and fall injury lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you ensure your legal rights are protected.
For a free legal consultation with a tampa slip and fall injury lawyers lawyer serving Tampa, call 800-959-1444
Determination of Liability
If you have suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, you may have questions regarding who is liable for your injuries and losses and how you can receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Property owners have a legal responsibility for their invited guests and customers to keep their property free from hazardous or dangerous conditions.
If you have slipped and fallen as a result of a property owner failing to remove a dangerous condition or failing to warn clients, guests or visitors that a hazardous condition was on the property, you may have the legal right to pursue a claim against the property owner. In some cases, this could be the actual property tenant, a landlord, a business owner, or other property owners. A Tampa slip and fall injury lawyer can help you determine which person or entity remains responsible to compensate you for your injuries and losses resulting from their negligence.
Tampa Tampa Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers Lawyer Near Me 800-959-1444
Calculation of Settlement Amounts
A lawyer can assist a victim with the determination of settlement amounts. Some victims of a slip and fall accident remain unaware of all of the possible areas for which they have a legal right to receive compensation. An attorney can help them determine calculations regarding the following:
- Medical bills (hospitalizations, surgeries, medical treatments, diagnostic testing, therapies, medications, medical aids, and more)
- Future medical costs
- Lost wages (salary, lost bonuses, promotions, vacation and sick days, employee benefits, retirement plan contributions, transportation allowances, and more)
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Assistance with performing daily tasks (hiring of a healthcare worker, personal nurse, or housekeeper)
- Possible punitive damages depending on the severity of the negligence in the slip and fall accident
Negotiations with Insurance Companies
Every victim of a slip and fall injury has the legal right to negotiate with the negligent party’s insurance company on their own behalf. However, insurance companies can have manipulative tactics intended to confuse victims into saying things they do not intend to say or taking their words out of context in order to offer low settlement amounts.
Some of the tactics used by insurance companies in order to manipulate victims of slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Record conversations and taking out a small portion to be used against a victim to justify an unfair and low settlement offer
- Attempt to visit a victim immediately following a slip and fall accident when they are still in the hospital or on pain medications
- Attempt to trick a victim of a slip and fall accident into saying something that can be later used against them, such as asking “How are you?” and when the victim responds “Fine,” using that as a foundation to indicate that the victim’s injuries were not that severe
- Provide a check to a victim indicating it is the first of many, when it is actually the only check that the insurance company provides regarding the settlement. Once the victim cashes the check, they have lost all rights to pursue their claim any further.
- Request full medical records of a victim to see if there are any pre-existing medical conditions that the insurance company can claim caused the injuries instead of the slip and fall accident
- Stall and delay the entire settlement process in the hopes that the victim will miss the statute of limitations deadline by the court in order to file a claim. This can lead to the victim losing their legal right to receive compensation for their injuries and losses resulting from a slip and fall accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Representation of the Victim in a Legal Trial
In some cases, settlement negotiations with the insurance company prove unproductive, and therefore, it remains necessary to file a claim with the court and possibly have a trial in order to receive compensation for injuries and losses related to a slip and fall accident.
Under Florida Statute § 95.11, victims of a slip and fall accident have two years from the date of their accident in order to file a claim with the court. An attorney can help a victim file all of the proper paperwork within the statute of limitations deadline and represent the victim during the trial to help them receive the compensation to which they could be entitled.
Consulting a Tampa Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered any injuries or losses related to a slip and fall accident, consider contacting our legal team today at (800) 647-3113 to learn how a Tampa slip and fall injury lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you receive compensation for your slip and fall injuries, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and help you build your personal injury case.