Victims of motorcycle accidents can suffer serious injuries or even death resulting from a collision with a motor vehicle or large commercial truck. If you have suffered any kind of injury or losses from your motorcycle accident, you can receive compensation from the negligent party. Consider contacting our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 924-3113 to understand how a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer can help you with your legal rights.
Ways a Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Assist You
Victims of serious motorcycle accidents may have to immediately undergo medical procedures and deal with medical bills. Motorcyclists may experience pain and suffering and the inability to return to work due to their injuries.
Victims may also face expenses associated with their property damage from the crash. On top of all that, riders and their families have to worry about negotiations with insurance companies in an attempt to receive a fair settlement for their injuries and losses.
As a result, many victims of motorcycle accidents feel frustrated. A Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer can help victims in the following ways:
- Collect documentation regarding the motorcycle accident including the official police report, medical bills, and insurance documentation.
- Contact witnesses and other drivers to conduct interviews.
- Calculate lost wages, including salary, missed bonuses, missed promotions, lost vacation and sick leave, transportation allowances, employee benefits, pension contributions and more.
- Work with medical providers and expert medical witnesses to determine the cost of future medical expenses.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to obtain a fair and just settlement for your injuries and losses.
- Help file a claim with the appropriate court in a timely manner if the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement.
- Represent you throughout the court process in order to help you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses related to the motorcycle accident.
If you feel overwhelmed after your motorcycle accident, consider getting in touch with our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC to learn how a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer can help you build your personal injury case.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Tampa, call (800) 924-3113
Common Concerns After a Motorcycle Accident
The following are some common questions that victims of motorcycle accidents have following their accident.
Failure to Wear a Helmet
If you did not have a helmet on at the time of your motorcycle accident, the facts and circumstances of your accident can determine if you have the legal right to receive compensation.
Florida Statute 768.81 indicates that the state follows laws of comparative negligence. This means that if a court determines that your injuries were more serious as a result of not wearing a helmet, you may have a reduction in your total compensation amount, as your decision not to wear a helmet contributed to the severity of your injuries.
However, never let this act as a deterrent to seeking compensation, as many victims of motorcycle accidents still receive compensation awards for their injuries and losses even if they were not wearing a helmet.
Amount of Compensation
The amount of compensation for every motorcycle accident can rest solely on the facts and circumstances of that individual case. However, some of the types of compensation you may have the legal right to pursue in a motorcycle accident include the following:
- Medical bills (surgeries, emergency transportation, hospitalization, medications, ongoing physical therapy, mental health therapy, and more)
- Medical devices and aids such as handrails and wheelchairs
- Loss of current wages and future wages due to an inability to return to any kind of employment
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death and loss of a family member
Dealing with Insurance Companies
You have the legal right to negotiate with insurance companies on your own behalf to receive a settlement to compensate you for your injuries and losses related to your motorcycle accident. There are many potential pitfalls in discussing a personal injury case and negotiating with the opposing side. You can let a lawyer deal with the more difficult aspects of this process and protect your right to awards.
- A lawyer can limit your time with an insurance representative and provide advice on topics to avoid. Insurers can use anything you say against you at a later time in order to lower your settlement offer.
- An attorney can handle conversations until you are out of the hospital following a motorcycle accident or if you have taken any prescription medications that would make you not as quick to respond, such as painkillers or sleeping aids.
- If you have a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer, they can review your medical history and build a defense if the opposition tries to blame older injuries for your current pain.
Lawyers can handle the ins and outs of dealing with an insurer so you can focus on recovery.
Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 924-3113
Statute of Limitations
The state of Florida under Florida Statute 95.11 requires that all victims of a motorcycle accident file a lawsuit or insurance claim to receive compensation for their injuries and losses within four years of the motorcycle accident. Failure to do so can result in the inability to receive justice and compensation for your claim.
Reaching Out to a Tampa Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Office
If you have suffered any injuries or losses related to a motorcycle accident, consider calling our legal team today to learn how a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer can be of assistance. Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 924-3113 to understand how you may be able to receive compensation and how to build a strong personal injury case.