If you lost money because of an unscrupulous or fraudulent investment broker or company, you could be entitled to a financial award. The Texas Securities Act (TSA) of 2017 helps protect investors who were misled or deceived by investment advisors.
A Houston security litigation lawyer can help you understand your legal options, including the right to file a civil lawsuit for compensatory damages. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free consultation with a member of our team: (800) 959-1444.
Why You Should Talk to a Security Litigation Lawyer
There are inherent risks when you buy stocks, bonds, and investments. Stock markets fluctuate and companies can go bankrupt. A reputable securities dealer will make sure that you understand this risk before you invest.
That is why you should talk to a lawyer if you believe that you were not given the entire truth about an investment, or if there are other warning signs that you lost your hard-earned money to an unscrupulous party.
A Houston security litigation lawyer cannot promise the outcome of your case, but you may rest assured that you have the resources and support of our firm. We will do all we can to help you recover justice and compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a security litigation lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
We Can Represent You in Many Types of Securities Litigation
Texas has a securities inspections and compliance division that regularly checks registered dealers and investment advisers to make sure that they comply with state and federal laws. Sometimes these inspections catch unscrupulous parties but not always.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC provides legal representation for victims of questionable or fraudulent investment dealers.
We can help with securities litigation cases such as:
- Stock fraud: Securities fraud or stock fraud happens when an individual or institution is persuaded to purchase stock based on false information.
- Derivative lawsuits: Shareholders may bring a lawsuit against the directors and officers of a company who made false or misleading claims about its investments or assets.
- Stockbroker fraud: You could recover compensation if a stockbroker gives you false information to persuade you to buy security, knowing that you will likely lose money.
- Misrepresentations and omissions: Investment professionals are obligated to be truthful and to disclose all relevant information or they may be held financially accountable for an investor’s losses.
- Illegal buying and selling of securities: In addition to the TSA, Houston investors may also be protected by federal laws and regulations, particularly those set forth by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Investment brokers and firms usually have a lawyer to protect their interests. It is your right to have a lawyer of your choice to protect your interests.
Security Litigation Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
How We Can Help
It is understandable that you might be angry and frustrated if an unscrupulous investment advisor caused you to lose money. Unfortunately, many of us do not make our best decisions in this frame of mind.
A Houston security litigation lawyer can objectively assess your situation and explain your options about potential compensation. Your first step is to contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free, no-obligation case review with a member of our firm.
If you allow us to be your legal advocate, we can get to work and help you recover compensation with a process that might include:
- Compile and review all documents related to the sale and purchase of the securities in question.
- Consult with financial professionals to gain a better understanding of how you were possibly the victim of securities fraud or negligence.
- Identify all liable parties, including individual investment advisors, firms, and other stakeholders.
- Seek financial recovery on your behalf through arbitration or litigation.
You Have Limited Time for Legal Action
You should know that securities litigation cases are complex. Although some are resolved without the need to go to court, you want to be sure that you have enough time to exert all legal avenues. You generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 74.251.
Our State Takes Securities Fraud Seriously
A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC who finds evidence of negligence or wrongdoing that caused you to lose money will report the investment broker to the proper authorities.
One of our actions will be to contact the Texas State Securities Board, the branch of our state government that enforces the Texas Securities Act.
Some of the Texas State Securities Board duties include:
- Detect and prevent illegal, unregistered, or fraudulent securities.
- Deny, revoke, or suspend agents, advisors, or brokers who violate state or federal law.
- File criminal charges against financial agents, advisors, or brokers when necessary.
You have the right to seek compensation regardless of any legal action taken by the Texas State Securities Board.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Who We Help
If you have lost money from an investment broker or firm that did not act in your best interest, our lawyers will help you hold the liable parties accountable.
Our securities litigation lawyers are here to help all victims of financial negligence, mismanagement, and fraud, including:
- Pension funds
Whether you lost money from unauthorized trading or if you were lied to about the validity of an investment, our firm is here to help. You pay nothing up front. Ben Crump Law, PLLC lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis only.
Please Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one was the victim of an unscrupulous or negligent investment broker, please call Ben Crump Law, PLLC. A Houston security litigation lawyer may be able to help you recover your money and justice for your suffering.
Call (800) 959-1444 for a free consultation with a team member.