After a bicycle accident, you have many responsibilities to juggle. Depending on the nature of your injuries, you might have extensive medical bills to pay and a long, difficult recovery. It is possible that the bicycle accident impacted your ability to work, which means that you could face lost income or need to figure out how to make a living with new physical limitations that hinder your daily life functions.
To recover some of these losses, you can pursue legal action against the person or parties that caused your bicycle accident. Hiring a bicycle accident lawyer means that you can focus on your recovery and your more immediate concerns, while your attorney builds your case. The process of filing a lawsuit against the responsible parties can be time-consuming and daunting if you have not navigated the legal system before.
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-761-5225 to learn more about what a Miami Gardens bicycle accident lawyer or a lawyer serving the Miami Gardens area may be able to do for you. The initial consultation is free. If you decide to pursue legal action, you will not have to pay anything upfront to start the process.
Understanding the Pursuit of Compensation
A bicycle accident can look very different, depending on what other vehicle or party is involved. A cyclist could be struck by another bicycle or a vehicle, or a poorly maintained public bike trail could cause a bicycle accident. The exact details of the incident have a lot to do with determining liability and who you are able to sue.
Generally, auto insurance companies consider collisions between vehicles and cyclists to be auto accidents. This can mean that you can receive compensation from the driver’s insurance company for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages in accordance with required insurance rates and contract statutes. A Miami Gardens bicycle accident lawyer or a lawyer serving the Miami Gardens area can help you to determine if any settlement offer amount is fair.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Miami Gardens, call 800-761-5225
Types of Bicycle Accidents We Handle
There are different types of bicycle accidents that you could be involved in. We handle all types of bicycle accidents, including:
- Right cross bike accident: This occurs when a vehicle pulls out from the right side of the street or a parking space and hits a cyclist.
- Left cross bike accident: When a car from the opposite direction turns left into a cyclist, this is a left cross bike accident. Often, left cross bike accidents occur when drivers or cyclists are not paying enough attention to the road.
- Door prize bike accident: This happens when someone opens the door of a parked car in front of a bicyclist. This can cause significant injury to the cyclist from the direct impact from the car’s door or from the victim moving into oncoming traffic to avoid the open door.
- Rear-end bike accident: Much like a traditional rear-end car accident, this involves a motorist hitting the bicycle from behind, often in the right lane.
- Red light bike accident: This occurs while being stopped at a red light when the bicyclist is on the right side of a car. When both start to move when the light turns green, the vehicle can strike the bicyclist.
- Bicycle defects: An issue with manufacturing or repair can put you at a higher risk for a possible bike accident. If something malfunctions on your bicycle or it does not work the way that it should, it is possible that the bicycle was defective and the manufacturer or repair shop could be liable.
- Poor roadway conditions: Poor roadway conditions can make it extremely dangerous to safely operate a bicycle. If the city government or private property owner fails to maintain their property and it leads to an injury, they can be held liable.
This list represents a small fraction of the types of bicycle accidents that can happen. There are many other possible bicycle accidents that you or a loved one could be involved in. If you have suffered injury because of a bike accident, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-761-5225 to discuss your case.
Miami Gardens Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-761-5225
Compensation You Can Recover for Your Injuries
You may be entitled to recover any of the following for your accident:
- Medical bills.
- Lost wages.
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries keep you from returning to work or require you to retire.
- Mental anguish.
- Pain and suffering.
Our team can help you determine the value of your claim and fight for the compensation you deserve. If the insurance company refuses to offer you the compensation you deserve, we can file a lawsuit to get you what you deserve. Give us a call today to get started: 800-761-5225.
Click to contact our Miami Gardens Personal Injury Lawyers today
Statute of Limitations for Bicycle Accidents in Florida
You are able to pursue legal action for up to four years in a personal injury lawsuit in the state of Florida. As long as you are within the statute of limitations, you can discuss your possible case with a Miami Gardens bicycle accident lawyer or a lawyer serving the Miami Gardens area to see if legal action could help you to recover damages. The sooner that you call, the more time your lawyer will have to gather evidence and to pursue your case before the statute of limitations runs out.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
If You Are Ready to Discuss Your Legal Case, Call Us Today
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-761-5225 to discuss your potential legal case. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Miami Gardens can help you gather relevant evidence and build your legal case. There is no cost to call us, as consultations are free.
Call or text 800-761-5225 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form