It is very likely that at some point in your life, you will rely on healthcare professionals for the treatment of an injury, ailment, or illness. Going to see a doctor or specialist can help put you at ease, knowing that your health or the health of a loved one is in the hands of well-trained, educated professionals. Sometimes, though, things do not go as planned, and even the most experienced physicians and medical specialists make mistakes.
If you or someone you love was the victim of medical malpractice, remember that you have legal options. In some cases, you could even be eligible for financial compensation. If you are interested in working with a Colorado Springs medical malpractice lawyer, the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available to help. Call (800) 641-8998 today to learn more about what you can do next.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is defined as any action in which a healthcare provider deviates from the standards of their specific discipline. If you believe you received substandard care in a way that affected your well-being, this could be deemed a form of medical malpractice. Examples of medical malpractice. Examples of malpractice include but are not limited to:
- Diagnostic Errors: Diagnostic errors occur when a disease is not diagnosed or if a patient is diagnosed with the wrong condition. These types of errors are particularly devastating because they can result in a worsened condition and prognosis. Sometimes the wrong medication is even prescribed due to diagnostic error. StatPearlsfound that diagnostic errors were among the most common types of medical error, based on a 2016 study.
- Surgical Errors: Even the most experienced and well-trained surgeons sometimes make mistakes, and one common cause of medical malpractice is surgical errors. This can include failure to maintain a sterile environment leading to infection, excessive trauma leading to disfiguring scarring, and in rare cases, even instruments or surgical materials left in the body.
- Medication Errors: Medications can be useful tools to fight infection, manage pain, and treat diseases, but medication errors can be devastating for victims. If you were prescribed the wrong medication or dose, you could have been the victim of malpractice.
- Malfunctioning Equipment: Sometimes, specialized equipment is used to treat patients in a healthcare setting. It is up to the medical staff to be sure that all equipment is functioning properly prior to patient use, and failure to do so is a form of negligence that can put your health at risk.
- Lack of Training or Expertise: Doctors and healthcare professionals go through a great deal of training and education before treating patients, but sometimes inexperience can play a role in a healthcare disaster. If you or a loved one was treated by a professional that lacked the acumen to treat you effectively, you could have legal options.
Medical malpractice can have a profoundly negative impact on your life, tragically coming at the hands of professionals you give your trust to. If you were the victim of malpractice, there are many ways in which you could be suffering.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Colorado Springs, call (800) 641-8998
Ways in Which Victims Can Suffer
If you or someone you love was treated by a healthcare professional in a way that caused you harm, you could be the victim of malpractice. According to a study published by PubMed, over 250,000 deaths occur each year from medical errors in The United States.
Medical malpractice can cause emotional, physical, and financial suffering. Sometimes a condition you seek medical help for can be ignored or even worsen by malpractice. You could also suffer from permanent disfigurement or disability, depending on the severity of your situation. In addition to your physical pain, malpractice can cause emotional stress that may even require treatment.
To make matters worse, medical malpractice can even cost you money. You could be buried under a mountain of debt from ongoing treatment necessary after your traumatic episode. While nothing can turn back the clock and prevent your malpractice from occurring, there are steps you can take to pursue justice moving forward.
If you suffered in any way from what you believe could have been medical malpractice, seeking legal guidance could help you determine if compensation is available for you and your loved ones. The Colorado Springs medical malpractice lawyer, Ben Crump Law, PLLC, can help you with the legal process so you can make an informed decision that is right for you.
Colorado Springs Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (800) 641-8998
If a medical provider engaged in negligent behavior that caused you harm, they could be held liable for your suffering. There are specific requirements for successful malpractice claims, and you may want to focus your own personal time and energy on your well-being instead of pouring your efforts into the legal process. You can let a lawyer handle your case.
While every situation is unique, depending on if your legal claim is successful or not you could collect damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Click to contact our Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyers today
What You Can Do Next
When you seek medical care, you expect and deserve fair treatment. But if you were the victim of medical malpractice, your trust could have been broken by an unprofessional and harmful mistake. Whether you are beginning to explore your legal options, have specific questions about filing a claim, or are ready to take action, Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you fight for justice.
A Colorado Springs medical malpractice lawyer is ready to help you with your case. You could have limited time to act, so do not hesitate to take the next steps available for you and your loved ones. Call us today at (800) 641-8998.
Call or text (800) 641-8998 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form