Any time you go into a public space as a visitor, consumer, or everyday citizen, your safety is at risk. Thankfully, many businesses and public areas use security services to help keep you safe. However, sometimes things go wrong, and your safety is jeopardized. You could even suffer from an injury or the loss of valuable property.
If you suffered in any way due to negligent security, there is a Colorado Springs negligent security lawyer available to help. You could even be eligible for financial compensation by filing a legal claim. To learn more about your options, call (800) 896-1221, and a team member at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will answer to discuss your case free of charge.
Examples of Negligent Security
Negligence refers to the failure of a person or company to perform their assigned duties in an appropriate manner. Negligence in security matters is particularly dangerous because your health, safety, and well-being are on the line. Whether you were dealing with a security guard or in a public space, negligent security is dangerous for you and your loved ones. If any of the following circumstances contributed to your accident, you could have been a victim of negligent security:
- Lack of Training: Security guards and other personnel should be competent and capable of carrying out their duties. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. According to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS), training in private security companies is not regulated in many states, making it a real possibility that your safety was in the hands of an inept security guard prone to mistakes. If you think a lack of training contributed to your property loss, injury, or other suffering, you could have grounds for legal action.
- Failure to Secure the Premises: Security negligence sometimes comes in the form of an improperly maintained facility or premises. This could include broken windows, a fence that is not fully connected, malfunctioning locks, cameras that are not working properly, and more.
- Leaving a Post: Sometimes, security guards have to leave a post or change shifts, but this should not occur without appropriate coverage. Leaving an area unsecured or unsupervised can have devastating effects and is a form of negligence that is unacceptable. If your accident, injury, theft, or other incident occurred in an area that should have been under watch, you might have a valid legal claim.
- Falling Asleep: Under no circumstances should hired security personnel fall asleep on the job. This can result in a very dangerous situation that can lead to violence, lost property, vandalism, and more.
- Failure to React in an Appropriate Manner: If a member of a security detail sees that something could be wrong, it is their job to act accordingly. Failing to react in an appropriate manner is a form of negligence that could have caused your suffering and loss.
- Inadequate Staffing: Every security job has a different set of requirements. A small business, for example, may only require one guard at night, while a large event could call for several employees, police, and additional measures. It is the duty of security contractors to effectively deploy the right amount of personnel and resources for each job. Being understaffed or without the proper equipment and coverage puts everyone at risk.
Depending on your specific experience, negligent security could have directly caused a great deal of loss and suffering in your life. As you focus on your recovery, keep in mind that you could have legal options available.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer serving Colorado Springs, call (800) 896-1221
Potential Suffering Caused By Negligent Security
If you were involved in an incident caused by negligent security, your life could be negatively impacted in the following ways:
- Physical Injuries: Physical injury can result from fights, attacks, assault, and other forms of violence that could occur when security fails. Your physical injuries may even require immediate medical attention. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that 1.7 million emergency room visits annually are due to assaults. If you or a loved one were injured and experienced physical trauma, you might have legal options available.
- Property Loss: If your personal property or valuables were lost, damaged, or stolen when security should have been around to protect you, it is possible to recover compensation for your losses.
- Emotional Trauma: Being the victim of any crime can leave you feeling violated and vulnerable. Many victims experience emotional trauma as the result of security breaches, sometimes even requiring medical treatment.
The aftermath of a crime or traumatic event can be a very difficult time but remember that you have legal options. To learn more about what you can do to pursue justice, contact our team today. A Colorado Springs negligent security lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC might be able to help you hold the negligent parties accountable.
Colorado Springs Negligent Security Lawyer Near Me (800) 896-1221
Recoverable Compensation For Victims
If you or a loved one suffered an injury from negligent security, it is possible to recover various types of compensation. Every case is different, but you could potentially be eligible for:
- Compensation for medical expenses related to injuries resulting from negligent security
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Damages for emotional suffering and associated treatment
- Reimbursement for lost or damaged property
If you are considering legal action and wondering what you can do next, it could be helpful to contact a law firm that can answer your questions as you determine the best foot forward for you and your loved ones.
Click to contact our Colorado Springs Personal Injury Lawyers today
Getting Legal Help
Being the victim of a crime can be traumatic in many ways and can lead to various forms of loss and suffering. If your loss was preventable and caused by negligent security, this can be particularly devastating as you lose your trust and feel compromised.
During this difficult time, it could be helpful to remember that you have legal options. Some victims can even recover compensation by filing a legal claim. To learn more about what you can do next, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC to see if a Colorado Springs negligent security lawyer can help you. A team member is available to review your case during a free consultation. You deserve justice. Call (800) 896-1221 today for more information.
Call or text (800) 896-1221 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form