Slip-and-fall accidents due to someone’s careless act or failure to act can result in personal injuries that range from broken bones to life-threatening conditions.
If you or a family member suffered any injuries after slipping and falling, you can contact a slip-and-fall injury attorney serving Hialeah with Ben Crump Law, PLLC. You may qualify for compensation for medical bills, lost pay, and other expenses related to the injury accident.
To find out more about your legal rights after a slip and fall accident, call 800-647-3113 for a free, no-risk case evaluation.
A Slip-and-Fall Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation
As slip-and-fall injury lawyers, we resolve these cases by uncovering evidence that demonstrates the property owner’s liability. While you focus on resting and recovering from your injuries, a Hialeah slip-and-fall injury lawyer may help by:
- Requesting footage from closed-circuit security cameras.
- Questioning witnesses or reviewing witness statements.
- Reviewing police, accident, or workplace incident reports.
- Compiling medical information on how your injuries affect your ability to work or return to daily activities.
- Looking for violations in building codes or relevant maintenance and safety regulations.
Our thorough investigations may yield evidence that helps our clients recover personal injury compensation through either an insurance settlement or in a courtroom. Call 800-647-3113 for a free case evaluation with Ben Crump Law, PLLC.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Hialeah, call 800-647-3113
Causes of Slip-and-Fall Accidents
Slip-and-fall accidents may result from several conditions on the premises, including:
- Broken, uneven, or damaged floors and walkways.
- Spilled liquids.
- Leaky pipes or unchecked water hoses.
- Loose cables or power cords.
- Insufficient lighting.
- Debris in an aisle, walkway, or stairwell.
Property owners have an obligation to keep their premises safe and to prevent harm from visitors, employees, guests, customers, or residents. They must also remove or repair dangerous conditions in a reasonable timeframe.
Hialeah Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-647-3113
Common Injuries from a Slip-and-Fall
According to Mayo Clinic, falls constitute a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Even a minor TBI, or concussion, can have serious effects. More severe head injuries can lead to permanent brain damage, comas, and even death.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) lists other typical injuries from this type of accident, which include:
- Hand, wrist, or finger injuries.
- Broken or fractured bones.
- Slipped or herniated spinal disk.
- Ankle, foot, or toe injuries.
- Pulled, sprained, or torn muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Facial or dental lacerations.
- Internal bleeding.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
Following your healthcare provider’s instructions after a slip-and-fall injury may also help you when you pursue compensation against a liable party.
Potential Types of Financial Awards in Slip-and-Fall Cases
No set amount of compensation for slip-and-fall accidents exists. The amount of recovery for which you might qualify will depend on the severity of your injuries, your expected prognosis, and other considerations.
We have helped other clients who slipped and fell recover losses such as:
- Medical bills, including ambulance, emergency care, surgery, prescriptions, and other related medical expenses.
- Lost pay due to injuries.
- Reduced earning income if your injuries diminish your earning ability.
- Loss of consortium or companionship.
- Property damage.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
- And possibly more.
A Hialeah slip-and-fall injury lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC may enlist the services of medical, vocational, or financial professionals to affix a value for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Slipping and Falling Due to Negligence
An attorney can help you if you suffered injuries in a slip-and-fall accident that occurred:
- At work.
- At a store, amusement park, restaurant, hotel, or other business that invites the public to enter.
- In a park.
- On a public sidewalk or walkway.
- At someone’s private residence.
- At your apartment complex.
- In a public building, such as a courthouse.
These are only a few examples of where this type of accident can occur. You should call for a free case evaluation if you believe that you slipped and fell due to negligence. You should not have to pay for the negligence of others.
Call 800-647-3113 for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis, allowing clients to begin pursuing compensation without any up-front fees.
Time is Limited to File a Slip-and-Fall Lawsuit
Florida statute §95.11 allows you four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, which may sound like plenty of time, but it takes time to thoroughly investigate your case, collect evidence, and establish liability.
Our injury lawyers may first seek compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance coverage before taking your case to the next step.
Personal injury lawsuits sometimes result due to failed insurance negotiations. If the other party does not want to accept financial responsibility, timely legal action may allow you to continue your pursuit of compensation. Contact our personal injury law firm as soon as possible after seeking immediate medical attention for your injuries.
Delays in Seeking Compensation May Affect the Outcome of Your Case
Other compelling reasons to call Ben Crump Law, PLLC as soon as possible after a slip and fall accident include:
- An insurance adjuster or the court may use a delay in seeking compensation as a reason to question the validity of your injuries and losses.
- You must submit proof of your injury to collect workers’ compensation, disability insurance, or other benefits.
- You deserve to have time to rest and recuperate from your ordeal.
Our lawyers can protect your rights and help you recover compensation. The sooner you call, the faster we can start on your case.
Our Slip-and-Fall Attorneys will Fight for Your Compensation
A slip-and-fall lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you recover the compensation you deserve, no matter how complex your case is. For a free case review, call 800-647-3113 today.