Slip and fall accidents can result in serious health conditions. When another party’s negligence causes these accidents, those responsible may be on the hook for the victim’s losses.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a slip and fall accident, you should know how a lawyer can help you pursue compensation. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-647-3113 for a no-cost discussion regarding your case.
Dangerous Conditions Can Cause Slip and Fall Injuries
Whether the property in question is a workplace, business, or somewhere else, the owner of the premises must not expose those on the property to an unreasonable risk of harm. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), some conditions that may increase the risk of slip and fall accidents include:
- Cluttered or slippery walking surfaces, which can result from uncleaned spills, leaks, or other hazards.
- No handrails in a place where an accident could occur, such as in a stairwell.
- The presence of ice or snow in walkways on the property.
- Inadequate lighting, which may make it difficult to see any dangers that are present.
- Loose flooring such as rugs and mats, which can be a slipping or tripping risk.
- Cluttered walkways, including those where loose wires, nails, and other tripping threats are present.
For employees, it is not just the physical conditions that can increase the risk of a slip and fall injury, but also the workplace culture.
Some risk to employees can include:
- Having a work environment where safety takes a backseat to quickness and productivity.
- Having a policy that allows employees to wear unsafe forms of footwear, such as sandals or shoes without backs.
- Failing to implement a no-compromise policy about stopping work to clean spills and rectify other potential hazards.
If you were injured or a loved one passed away due to dangerous conditions, the owner of that property may be responsible for your losses. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-647-3113 to discuss your case with a Coral Springs slip and fall injury lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall injury lawyer serving Coral Springs, call 800-647-3113
Slip and Fall Accidents Can Have Serious Ramifications
There is no doubt about how dangerous slip and fall accidents can be. According to the CDC’s important facts about falls, more than 800,000 people require hospitalization each year because of harm sustained during a fall.
Some of the injuries associated with a slip and fall accident are:
- Head injuries, including a skull fracture and brain trauma.
- Broken bones, specifically those in the arm, wrist, hip, knee, ankle, feet, and neck.
- Cuts, punctures, lacerations, or abrasions.
- Bruises, contusions, or internal bleeding.
- Torn ligaments, dislocations, or sprains.
Fractures were the most common injury associated with slip, trip and fall accidents, according to the CDC.
We recommend that if you are physically and emotionally able that you take the following steps:
- Alert the owner of the premises that an injury occurred.
- Immediately take photographic or video evidence documenting the unsafe area where you were hurt.
These precautions may seem minor, but they can be vital to proving your claim later.
Coral Springs Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-647-3113
Risk Factors for Slip and Fall Injury
Property owners must have the most vulnerable people in mind when determining whether their property is free of dangerous conditions.
Some groups that may be at the highest risk of injury from dangerous property conditions are:
- The elderly.
- Those with impaired vision.
- Anybody with a physical disability.
- Young children.
Property owners have a responsibility to protect others from a reasonable risk of injury. This means promptly taking steps to remove foreseeable hazards and protecting vulnerable populations from harm.
Possible Compensation from a Slip and Fall Injury
Your case is unique, and compensation will depend on the specifics of your accident and injuries.
With that said, awards resulting from your case may cover:
- Medical costs.
- Lost wages or diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
- Assistive equipment.
This is not an exhaustive list of what your compensation may cover.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Lawyer Can Help You Pursue Compensation
When you work with a legal professional, you inherit their knowledge and resources to pursue your claim.
Our team will handle your claim from start to finishing, taking care of responsibilities including:
- Helping you determine who is responsible for your accident.
- Filing the necessary paperwork to get your case started.
- Obtaining documentation of your injuries and estimating the value of your losses.
- Archiving evidence of the dangerous conditions that led to your injuries, including but not limited to pictures, video, and witness testimony.
- Completing all the legal steps necessary to bring your case to a judgment or settlement.
- Defending your rights throughout the legal process.
A Coral Springs slip and fall injury lawyer has the primary responsibility of showing that the liable party, in your case, allowed dangerous conditions that led to your injury. If they are able, then you could collect compensation covering your losses.
Call Our Team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
In Florida, the statute for wrongful death claims is generally two years from the date of your loved one’s death. The statute for personal injury cases is typically four years from the date the accident occurred.
Talk to a member of our team today. The sooner you get in touch, the sooner your case can be reviewed by a Coral Springs slip and fall injury lawyer. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that we do not accept payment for our services until we secure compensation for you.
Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at 800-647-3113 for a free consultation regarding your case.