In addition to accounting for the number of people that live in the country, the United States Census Bureau also conducts a wide range of research on how Americans work, travel, and live.
According to the United States Census Bureau, one major trend over the past decade has been the increased use of bicycles in American cities. According to their research, the number of people that bike to work increased by 60% from 2008 to 2012.
While this outcome has a positive impact on the environment, there are some important downsides to consider. As the number of cyclists on American roadways continues to rise, so does the potential for dangerous collisions with automobiles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported 857 bicycle accident fatalities in 2018 alone—a number that is likely to keep rising each year.
If you have suffered injuries in a bicycle accident, Ben Crump Law, PLLC could help you hold the other motorist responsible. Our team can carefully evaluate your case and prepare you for what to expect during the claims process. To get started, call (800) 761-5225 to schedule a free consultation with a Mesa bicycle accident lawyer right away.
Types of Bicycle Accidents
Countless factors could cause a bicycle accident. While some crashes occur due to the fault of the cyclist, many result from the negligence of other parties. These parties could include motorists, other cyclists, or even the bike manufacturer.
Understanding the cause of a bicycle crash is the first step in holding the at-fault party accountable for your injuries. A thorough investigation can identify the factors that caused the crash and the individuals who bear the responsibility for the accident. These factors can include:
- Motorists that fail to yield
- Drivers crossing over into bike lanes
- Drunk or distracted motorists
- Poor road conditions
- Extreme weather
- Bicycle part malfunctions
- Defective vehicles or vehicle parts
- Rear-end collisions
- Aggressive drivers
A Mesa bicycle accident lawyer can assist with a claim based on any of these negligent actions. Your attorney can develop a plan for compensation while guiding you through the claims process. Reach out to Ben Crump Law, PLLC right away to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Mesa, call (800) 761-5225
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Every bicycle accident has the potential for serious injury. The risk of injury only increases when these accidents result from a collision with a motor vehicle. Cars and trucks are substantially larger than bicycles, which do not provide any protection from an impact of any kind. This combination can have severe or even fatal consequences for a cyclist in a crash. Some of the common injuries involved in these accidents include:
- Broken arms
- Broken legs
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions and contusions
- Cuts and bruises
- Internal bleeding
- Skull fractures
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal damage and paralysis
If you suffered these injuries in a crash through no fault of your own, it is unreasonable for you to bear the financial burden of medical care. In many situations, these accidents can result in overwhelming medical debt. There are many other losses that follow a bicycle crash. Your attorney can help identify the compensation you deserve and pursue a claim against the at-fault party.
Mesa Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 761-5225
Compensation For Your Injuries
Ultimately, the compensation you are entitled to recover will depend on the circumstances of your accident. In general, more severe injuries will lead to potentially higher monetary awards. A personal injury claim covers more than one type of compensation. The following types of damages could be available in your case:
- Medical bills: The cost of medical care is central to most bicycle accident claims. Many cyclists lack their own insurance coverage, meaning pursuing a claim against the at-fault driver’s liability policy may be their best chance of paying down their medical debt. These expenses cover surgical procedures, prescription medication, physical therapy, and hospital visits, among other things.
- Lost wages: Many cyclists suffer injuries that prevent them from returning to work immediately. Others see their future earnings diminish for the rest of their life due to their injuries. A successful claim could cover both past and future lost wages.
- Property damage: Your health and safety is the top priority after a crash. That said, most cyclists are also concerned with the potential damage done to their bicycles. You could pursue compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing a bicycle after an accident.
- Pain and suffering: If your injuries are substantial, you likely experienced physical pain and suffering following a bicycle accident. For some people, that pain never goes away completely. In this situation, you are entitled to seek monetary compensation for the pain you experienced.
We Take on Challenging Cases
Many bicycle accident claims are challenging. In many situations, it may not be immediately clear whether a motorist or a bicycle rider had the right of way. While these cases represent unique challengers, the attorneys of Ben Crump Law, PLLC will never shy away from a difficult case. Our team is ready to investigate your claim and advise you on the best method of holding the at-fault driver accountable for their negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Your Bicycle Accident Injury Could Result in a Financial Award
If you have suffered injuries in a collision between a bicycle and a motor vehicle, it is crucial to seek the medical care you need right away. Obtaining necessary medical care not only provides you with the best chance of a full recovery, but it also helps you build a record of medical treatment necessary for a successful injury claim.
Let the attorneys of Ben Crump Law, PLLC walk you through every step of the injury claims process. We take on bicycle accident injury cases, and we look forward to assisting you in your pursuit of compensation. Call (800) 761-5225 to speak with a member of our team about hiring a Mesa bicycle accident lawyer right away.