Busses served passengers for almost 18 million miles throughout 2019, according to the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS). Bus rides are the main source of transportation for many people in the city, from everyday commuters to occasional tourists and more. Serving such a large population comes with natural risks of accident occurrences.
If you or a loved one were involved in a Milwaukee bus accident, working with a lawyer can help you navigate the law while you pursue restitution. Prepare your case and fight for a fair settlement when you work with the lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC. Contact our offices today, and request information about working with a Milwaukee bus accident lawyer by calling (800) 921-7227.
Information for Bus Accident Victims in Milwaukee
There were an estimated 65,000 highway crashes involving a bus in the U.S. in 2018, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS). Because it often involves a government entity, bus accident litigation can be tricky to navigate. In bus accidents, multiple victims and potentially liable parties can be involved. Easing the litigation process is a great reason to consider working with a lawyer.
Bus accidents could be a continued risk for transit riders in the state, so knowing your legal options will be important. Consider making a call to a Milwaukee bus accident lawyer for more information and to discuss your case in a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Milwaukee, call (800) 921-7227
Legal Considerations for Bus Accidents
There are many important distinctions to consider when evaluating a potential bus accident lawsuit. There are multiple types of buses, each with different legal standards than others. For example, a school bus accident might be handled differently than a public transit or private charter bus accident.
A lawyer could help to inform you of your legal options, explaining the nuances for each situation that applies to your unique case. Your legal representative plays a role in protecting and defending your rights against liable parties and their representatives. Your lawyer will consider how to negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf, in accordance with the injuries and losses you suffered.
Milwaukee Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 921-7227
Building Your Case
You can work with a lawyer to prepare a lawsuit that serves your needs and could help you make sense of the uncertain recovery period after an accident. Injury claims with the public transit system will need to be filed with Milwaukee County Clerk’s required documents, which a lawyer can handle.
Typically, cases are settled within 30 days by an adjuster who represents the county. If that time passes without a fair settlement, or you wish to take further action, you might want to contact a lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, to investigate and build a case on your behalf.
Your lawyer could collect witness statements, police reports, and expert testimony in order to hold liable parties accountable for your injuries after a bus accident. Whether your accident involves bad-faith insurance adjusters or negligent drivers, a Milwaukee bus accident lawyer could help you fight for compensation. In particular, the lawyer might seek evidence that may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Driver Negligence: Buses are designed with safety in mind, but human error and negligence contribute to the risk of accidents. This can be due to inexperience or more complicated offenses like drunk or impaired driving, distracted driving, and more.
- Mechanical Issues: Mechanical issues can pose a threat before a new fleet of buses takes to the road for the first time. Brakes, steering, and weight load all play a role in the mechanical safety standards of buses.
- Multiple Drivers: Bus accidents can involve other drivers on the road, which can complicate legal matters.
- Workplace Errors: A public entity like the transit organization can be held liable for certain events, such as putting undertrained employees on the job, failing to properly vet employees, or not ensuring the routine maintenance of buses.
In order to handle your case appropriately, a lawyer will work to represent your interests throughout legal proceedings. Having a representative work on your behalf can be useful in dealing with the large companies that have a financial interest in denying your settlement. Your lawyer might present a case that works with the facts of your situation to prepare an argument.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Lawsuit Help for Bus Accident Victims
When you work with a Milwaukee bus accident lawyer, the burden of the litigation process is removed from your shoulders. A lawyer could help you navigate your compensation case in the following ways:
- Timeliness: The statute of limitations for your case could vary based on a number of different circumstances. In Wisconsin, personal injury cases have a general statute of limitations of up to 3 years, while personal property lawsuits can be filed up to 6 years from the date of the accident.
- Strategize Your Case: The unique strategy-building skills of a lawyer could help you during your time of recovery. They might provide help by gathering evidence and formulating legal action on your behalf.
- Courtroom Perspective: A lawyer could prepare to fight for your rights by negotiating a settlement or representing your case in a courtroom, if necessary. Meanwhile, your lawyer can keep you informed and updated about your case.
Call a Lawyer for Help with a Bus Accident Case Now
You do not have to fully understand the details of your case to get started on your recovery. A lawyer could bring clarity and make sense of the facts.
You can get started on your case with a free legal consultation. Schedule yours by calling the offices of Ben Crump Law, PLLC, at (800) 921-7227, and request more information about working with a Milwaukee bus accident lawyer.