Whether you realize it or not, you rely on the services of security professionals virtually any time you are in a public space, at an event, or going about your daily life. Security companies and personnel are often hired as a third party by business owners, property managers, individuals, and others to help ensure a safe environment. But sometimes security guards fail to uphold their responsibilities, putting you and your loved ones at risk.
The result of negligent security can be absolutely devastating, and even fatal in tragic cases. If you or a loved one were affected by a security breach, you could have grounds for legal action. To learn more about how a Milwaukee negligent security lawyer may be able to help you, contact a team member at Ben Crump Law PLLC at (800) 896-1221 to learn more today.
Examples of Negligence
Negligence is defined as any careless or inappropriate behavior that results in the failure to complete a task effectively. According to a report issued by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), many private security companies do not have ongoing education, training, or licensing requirements, and this lack can potentially lead to unqualified individuals being responsible for the health and safety of others. In the context of security, negligence can come in many forms, including:
- Staffing personnel with a lack of training, experience, or resources
- Failure of a facility to use properly functioning security systems, such as by using malfunctioning security cameras
- Failure to lock or secure a building or premises
- Malfunctioning locks, doors, windows, or other entry points that could lead to a breach
- Lack of appropriate exit doors
- Guards leaving an assigned post
- Failure to provide an adequate number of guards for a particular assignment
- Guards falling asleep on the job
- Security guards failing to react appropriately to warning signs that something is wrong.
Security is something that most people take for granted until they experience a breach firsthand. Nothing is more important than your health and safety, and if you or a loved one suffered an injury due to negligent security, you understand how this traumatic event can affect your life.
For a free legal consultation with a negligent security lawyer serving Milwaukee, call (800) 896-1221
Suffering Caused By Negligent Security
Negligent security can lead to accidents and dangerous situations that could directly affect you and your loved ones. You could suffer from injuries, emotional trauma, and financial difficulties due to security breaches. Some examples of how your life could be affected by negligent security include:
- Injuries: You could suffer a range of injuries from a security breach, from minor cuts, bruises, or scrapes to more severe injuries that could even require hospitalization. Some injuries can have a lasting effect on your life and could require ongoing medical treatment. One common cause of injuries due to negligent security is assaults, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that over 1.5 million visits to the emergency room are due to assaults annually in the United States.
- Emotional Trauma: Being the victim of a crime due to negligent security can take an emotional toll on your life. You could suffer from fear, anxiety, and a loss of trust. This can affect your ability to go about your daily life with a sense of normalcy. Some victims of preventable crimes even seek professional assistance while dealing with the emotional impact of a traumatic event such as a security breach.
- Financial Loss: Sometimes negligent security can lead to theft or property loss, which can cause financial loss. You could also be stuck with medical bills related to an incident of negligent security. While a financial loss can be stressful, in some cases victims can recover compensation for their losses.
- Death: In tragic cases, security breaches due to negligence can be fatal. If negligent security leads to a loss of life, victims and family members could have legal options available.
The circumstances surrounding every case of negligent security are different, but one common factor in all successful claims is proving that another party was liable for your losses.
Milwaukee Negligent Security Lawyer Near Me (800) 896-1221
Determining who was at fault for an accident could be a matter of the legal system, but a failure to act in a responsible or appropriate manner could be a form of negligence punishable by law. Understanding if negligence played a role can be confusing, but speaking with a legal professional could help you understand the legal process.
If you or a loved one suffered in any way because of failed security, negligence, or any other preventable reason, you could have grounds to take legal action. Some victims can even recover compensation based on the specifics of their claim. Because every case is different, it could be beneficial for you to speak with a lawyer who can help answer your questions and determine the best path forward. There could be a statute of limitations regarding your claim, so it is important to act in a timely manner if you think filing a claim could be right for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us Today
Being the victim of a preventable crime can be very traumatic and could affect your life in many negative ways. You could be injured, emotionally shaken, and as a result, you could be experiencing financial hardship. To make matters worse, the incident leading to your suffering could have been caused by negligent security.
As you work hard to put the pieces of your life back together, remember that you have legal options. If you are interested in learning more about how a Milwaukee negligent security lawyer can help you, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC. A team member is standing by to discuss your case during a free consultation. Call (800) 896-1221 today to learn more.