When you are the victim of illegal activity or wrongdoing such as consumer fraud, you could feel helpless. While you are suffering because of the unscrupulous activities of others, it is important to remember that you have options. When illegal activity affects many individuals at once, they can collectively file a class action lawsuit against a defendant. In some cases, compensation is available for victims. If you are interested in learning more about what you can do to seek justice, contact a Milwaukee class action lawsuits lawyer may be able to help. Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC to learn more. A team member is available to answer your questions and walk you through the process during a free, no-obligation consultation. Call (800) 709-1441 today to learn more.
Class Action Lawsuits
Class action lawsuits enable a large group of individuals to file a claim collectively against a third party. There are many benefits of class action filing, including:
- Potentially expediting the legal process by filing a single claim instead of several individual claims
- Reducing legal fees
- Increasing the chances of settlement
- Raising awareness of potential wrongdoing for victims who would otherwise be ignorant of their victimization.
There are many different types of class action lawsuits. Which type fits your situation will depend on if you experienced illegal activity as a consumer, employee, investor, or in some other way.
Common Types of Class Action Claims
Any illegal activity affecting a group could be grounds for a class action lawsuit, but many such actions can be categorized into the following:
- Consumer: There are many regulations on federal and state levels designed to protect consumers from defective products, fraudulent activity, unfair pricing strategies, and more.
- Employee: Regardless of company or organization size, you as an employee have rights. If an employer has taken advantage of workers in an illegal manner, it is possible for a group of employees to organize a class action lawsuit.
- Environmental: Sometimes environmental hazards, such as exposure to a dangerous substance, can put you at risk. If you were affected by environmental factors due to illegal activity you could have grounds for legal action.
- Investor: There are many different types of financial fraud, and sometimes investors are the victims. If you invested in a company that failed to disclose accurate financial statements or manipulated the price of a security, a settlement is possible following a successful class action claim.
- Medical: Class action claims involving medical claims could be related to medical device failure, medical insurance fraud, malpractice, and more.
Regardless of the cause of a class action lawsuit, every case starts with a single individual, known as a whistleblower, who initiates action against a third party.
For a free legal consultation with a class action lawsuits lawyer serving Milwaukee, call (800) 709-1441
When a form of fraud or wrongdoing affects a large group of people, everyone who has suffered is potentially eligible for compensation. That being said, it takes an initial claim to raise concern about a potential case. The person who initiates a class action lawsuit is known as the whistleblower, and there are certain aspects of being a whistleblower that differ from the rest of the claimants in a class action lawsuit.
Whistleblowers are protected from any form of retaliation, meaning an employer or company cannot take action against a whistleblower strictly because this individual initiated a lawsuit. Additionally, whistleblowers may be eligible to recover more compensation than other claimants in a suit involving a large number of individuals.
Whether you are a potential whistleblower or a member of a larger group in a class action lawsuit, Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available to help. To learn more about how this Milwaukee class action lawsuits lawyer can help, call (800) 709-1441 to speak to a team member and get more information about your legal options.
Milwaukee Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer Near Me (800) 709-1441
Hiring A Lawyer
If you are considering taking part in a class action lawsuit, it could be in your best interest to speak with a lawyer before proceeding for a variety of reasons. Sometimes claimants without proper legal support fail to be treated fairly in class action suits. According to the Class Action Fairness Act of 2005, some class action lawsuits result in:
- Certain class action members receiving little or no compensation
- Awards for certain plaintiffs at the expense of other individuals filing in the same suit
- Intentionally confusing notices that intend to harm plaintiffs or prevent successful claims.
Not every case is successful, but some individuals find that hiring legal representation can help them maximize the financial benefits of their class action claim.
Every case is unique, but class action lawsuits can result in a variety of forms of compensation, including:
- Damages for emotional suffering
- Compensation for financial losses related to illegal activity
- Reimbursement for legal fees or medical expenses.
The forms of compensation and potential amount due to you depend on your case, and not all victims are eligible to receive compensation. It could be in your best interest to seek legal guidance if you are interested in learning more about the specifics of your case and potentially recoverable compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us Today
As a citizen and consumer, you deserve to be treated with integrity and respect. When another party takes advantage of you by illegally or knowingly engaging in deceptive behavior, you could suffer financially, emotionally, and even physically. But the reality is that many victims of wrongdoing miss their chance to seek justice and recover compensation. In fact, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reported that only approximately 5%-20% of potential claimants in class action lawsuits actually file a claim. Do not miss out on your chance for justice. Take action today by talking to a team member at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 709-1441 to see if a Milwaukee class action lawsuits lawyer can help you take the next steps.