While only 2.1 percent of all car accidents in 2010 were rollover accidents, these types of accidents result in some of the deadliest outcomes, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) research. Victims that experience a rollover accident can be left with substantial medical costs, property damage, loss of wages, and pain and suffering.
However, if a victim suffered these injuries and losses as a direct result of someone else’s negligence, they may have the legal right to pursue compensation for these expenses from the negligent party. It is possible to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to obtain this type of compensation.
Consider how an Oklahoma City rollover accident lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you with your case by scheduling a free consultation with a member of our legal team. Dial (800) 598-7557.
Types of Injuries Suffered in Rollover Accidents
Every rollover accident will have a unique set of facts and circumstances and lead to different types of injuries. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) research lists several types of injuries victims can suffer after any car accident. Some of these examples can be seen in a rollover accident:
- Broken/fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bruises and lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Extensive nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
Additionally, as anyone can expect, a rollover accident is often a traumatic experience. In some cases, victims of rollover accidents experience psychological distress and even develop serious issues, such as post-traumatic stress disorder.
For a free legal consultation with a rollover accidents lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Why Seeking Medical Attention Remains Critical Following a Rollover Accident
If you have suffered any type of injury as a result of a rollover accident, you should seek medical attention and evaluation as soon as possible. There are two substantial reasons why a victim should obtain a medical consultation and evaluations following a rollover accident:
- Obtain proper medical care. Many injuries have masked symptoms as a result of adrenaline or being in a state of shock following an accident. Visiting a medical professional can help ensure that you receive a full examination and any hidden serious or life-threatening conditions are properly treated. If you have not already visited your healthcare provider or other medical professional following your rollover accident, you should do so as soon as possible for your own health.
- Establish a foundation for your personal injury case. Insurance companies will attempt to find any reason to avoid making payments to victims of car accidents. If you do not have evidence and documentation that you visited a medical professional following your rollover accident, the insurance company or negligent party may attempt to argue that your medical conditions are somehow related to a pre-existing condition and not to the injuries suffered as a result of the rollover accident.
Rollover Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Possible Long-Term Consequences of Rollover Accidents
Many victims of serious rollover accidents do not have quick recovery times but instead face months, years, or even a lifetime of physical and emotional consequences. Some of the types of long-term consequences that can result from a rollover accident include the following:
- Permanent brain injuries. Some of the traumatic injuries that occur to the brain can leave a victim with permanent injuries resulting in the inability to think clearly, significant pain, and a negative impact on the quality of life.
- Disabilities. Whether it is an amputation, paralysis, or other major physical or psychological injury, victims of a rollover accident can be left with disabilities that not only impact their quality of life but leave them with permanent pain and suffering. Additionally, these victims often have an inability to return to the workplace as a result of their disabilities.
- Financial challenges. As a result of physical or psychological long-term issues, many victims that remain unable to return to work face significant financial challenges. Not only are they unable to return to work and receive a salary or wage, but they also may face constant and continuous medical costs related to their long-term treatment for their injuries.
Determination of Liability in Your Rollover Accident
To receive compensation for your damages related to your rollover accident, you must prove that the other party involved in the accident exhibited some form of negligence or recklessness that caused the accident to occur.
Determining liability can be a difficult and lengthy process. Consider hiring an Oklahoma City rollover accident lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC to help you better understand how to build a personal injury case and determine liability for your injuries and losses so that you can receive the compensation you deserve. Call today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How an Oklahoma City Rollover Accident Lawyer Can Help Victims of Car Accidents
Different reasons to consider hiring a lawyer include the following:
- Obtain the police report of the accident
- Help ensure that there is a preservation of evidence following the rollover accident
- Contact all witnesses to the rollover accident to receive their testimony
- Connect with the insurance companies and negotiate on your behalf to attempt to receive a fair settlement offer
- Calculate what you have the legal right to receive for compensation for your injuries and losses under the law
- Determine liability in the rollover accident
- Compile all of the medical costs, property damages, lost wages, and pain and suffering amounts into one collective monetary figure to present to the insurance company
- Help you file your lawsuit within two years, according to 12 OK Stat § 12-95
- Take the case to a court of law, if necessary, and argue in front of a judge or jury if the settlement offer from the insurance company does not appropriately cover your expenses
Consider getting in touch with our legal team today to learn how an Oklahoma City rollover accident lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you following your rollover accident. Call (800) 598-7557.