Few things can leave you feeling as powerless as being the victim of a large company’s negligence. It can seem that these companies—and their teams of legal experts—are immune from accountability. Thankfully, class action lawsuits specifically to give you the power and force to hold even the biggest of companies accountable for the damages their actions cause.
If you have suffered an injury or illness due to a large company’s negligence, you are likely not alone. An Omaha class action lawsuits lawyer can empower you to speak up, fight for your rights, and join others in seeking the compensation you deserve. Call (800) 709-1441 to schedule a risk-free consultation with a class action attorney at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today. We will review your case, answer your questions, explain your rights, and advise you on the next steps. From there, we work on a contingency basis and collect nothing until you win.
Understanding Class Action Lawsuits
Class action lawsuits are employed as a legal recourse when a large company’s action injures many people. Rather than multiple people bringing repetitive lawsuits against a company, a class action lawsuit allows injured parties to join together in a more efficient and mutually beneficial legal process. Not only does this option streamline the process, but it also works to prevent each individual victim from shouldering the cost of litigation on their own.
Nebraska Revised Statutes (NRS) § 25-319 provides legal guidelines for bringing forth class action lawsuits and states that for a class action lawsuit to be viable, “there must exist both a question of common or general interest and numerous parties so as to make it impracticable to bring all the parties before the court.” While class action lawsuits can be brought for various reasons, a few types stand out as the most commonly seen.
Common Types of Class Action Lawsuits:
- Advertising claims that are believed to be untrue
- Workplace violations that include discrimination, sexual abuse, and more
- Defective or harmful drugs and devices
- Exposure to harmful chemicals
- Accidents involving mass transit providers
- Chemical spills and other environmental disasters
If you or a loved one has been injured or suffered the effects of an illness as a result of negligent, illegal, or reckless actions on the part of a large company, you have options, and the time to act is now. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today and discuss your case during a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a class action lawsuits lawyer serving Omaha, call (800) 709-1441
Understanding Your Role in a Class Action Lawsuit
Taking part in a class action lawsuit generally means one of two things. An Omaha class action lawsuits lawyer can advise you on which option is best for you and your family.
Your Class Action Lawsuit Participation Options:
- If you are the original filer, and the Nebraska court appoints you as the representative party, your claims will form the crux of the case that is tried in court.
- Or, more commonly, you can also participate by simply joining others in a class action lawsuit. In most instances, this means you will not have to go to court to testify. At some point, you will be given a choice to either remain a part of the plaintiff grouping and file a claim for compensation or opt-out and retain the right to file an individual claim against the company.
An Omaha class action lawsuits lawyer can walk you through the specifics of each option and advise on the best route. But, if you wish to seek compensation for your injuries or losses, you must do something. By opting not to participate, you forfeit your ability to file a lawsuit on your own or seek a portion of any earned damages.
Benefits of Class Action Lawsuits:
- Multiple lawyers are utilized to represent up to hundreds of individuals. This means any information that is uncovered is shared with each lawyer to help ensure everyone reaches a fair settlement.
- The process is streamlined, less expensive for each individual, and more effective. Class action lawyers are paid out of earned recoveries. If the case is decided in the defendants’ favor, that defendant is responsible for covering the attorney fees for the plaintiffs.
- Feeling alone and overwhelmed is a common experience among those that large companies have injured. Banding together in a lawsuit with others living the same reality you are can provide a feeling of community, empowerment, and camaraderie.
If the victim of a class action lawsuit has died, NRS § 25-322 states that a representative or “successor in interest” may act on their behalf as the plaintiff. In these cases, especially, a class action attorney can guide families on their rights, ensure a proper representative is chosen, and litigate on your loved one’s behalf.
Omaha Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer Near Me (800) 709-1441
Consulting a Class Action Lawyer
Class action lawsuits are inherently more complex than their typical personal injury claim counterparts. The sheer number of plaintiffs and the scope of the company or companies involved require multiple attorneys and more than one court date.
A class action lawsuit lawyer will work to ensure you aren’t lumped in with a group of plaintiffs without a voice of your own. Additionally, employing a class action attorney to advocate for your best interests prevents you from accepting compensation that fairly covers someone else’s losses but not your own. Working with an attorney ensures you have an advocate who will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, class action attorneys will work one-on-one with you to review the evidence, assess the specifics of your claim, consult with other attorneys, and advocate on your behalf. Call (800) 709-1441 to schedule a free consultation with an attorney to start standing up for your rights.
Call or text (800) 709-1441 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form