If you or someone you love is recovering from a car accident in Pittsburgh, a personal injury lawyer could help you get the financial compensation your injuries entitle you to receive. When you hire a member of our personal injury team to help you pursue the compensation you deserve, we will:
- Accept your case on contingency, so you pay nothing up front or out of pocket
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement that fully covers the cost of the collision
- Take our fee out of the settlement we successfully negotiate for you
- Fight hard for you as we do not shy away from tough cases
When we file a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf, our goal is to ensure you do not experience financial hardship because of an accident someone else caused. The at-fault driver, not you, should pay for your medical treatments and other injury-related expenses.
Contact the personal injury team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, by calling 800-959-1444 to find out how a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer can help you seek the financial compensation you deserve.
Causes of Car Accidents in Pennsylvania
Your Pittsburgh car accident lawyer can help you determine the driving behavior that caused your accident. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PENNDOT), the following driver behaviors contributed to car accidents in 2019:
- Speeding led to 29,978 accidents and 385 fatal accidents.
- Drunk driving led to 8,180 accidents and 141 fatal accidents.
- Improper passes led to 5,017 accidents and 57 fatal accidents.
- Distracted driving led to 13,729 accidents and 56 fatal accidents.
- Proceeding without clearance led to 9,016 accidents and 53 fatal accidents.
- Improper turns led to 13,065 accidents and 51 fatal accidents.
- Drowsy driving led to 2,509 accidents and 12 fatal accidents.
- Tailgating led to 7,107 accidents and seven fatal accidents.
If any of these contributing factors caused the accident you were involved in, you have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit for financial recovery. Because another driver’s negligence caused the accident, you can request compensation for the cost of medical care to treat your injuries and the additional expenses and losses that stem from your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Pittsburgh, call 800-598-7557
The Financial Aftermath of a Car Accident
When your lawyer proves the cause of the accident, they can assign financial liability to the at-fault driver and pursue the financial compensation you are due. The recoverable damages you can receive through a personal injury claim include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Mental and emotional distress
- Property repair or replacement
- In-home medical assistance
Our personal injury team members will work closely with you to make sure none of the financial expenses you are entitled to collect are inadvertently omitted. We make sure to include assistive medical devices, transportation costs to and from medical treatments, and any long-term rehabilitative services your injuries require.
When you are ready to pursue your compensation claim, our team is here to help. Call us today for a free case evaluation.
Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-598-7557
Obtain a Copy of Your Crash Report Right Away
If you were injured in a Pittsburgh car accident, 75 Pa. CSA § 3746 makes filing a crash report mandatory. Your crash report is an important part of your compensation claim. It provides your lawyer with contact information for:
- The at-fault driver
- The at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Witnesses to the accident
Your crash report also includes the investigating officer’s narrative and details about the cause of the accident. It also includes information such as:
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- VIN and license plate numbers
- Degree and severity of any injuries
- Whether the accident resulted in fatalities
Your crash report captures important details about your accident that support your compensation claim. Our personal injury team uses these details to prove the cause of the accident and its resulting costs.
Do Not Put Your Right to Compensation on Hold
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident in Pittsburgh, you are entitled to seek full financial compensation from the at-fault driver. The time you have to file your personal injury lawsuit is limited, and filing your lawsuit too late could put your ability to collect the compensation you deserve at risk.
In general, 42 Pa. CSA § 5524 limits your ability to collect compensation to only two years from the accident date. When our client care team represents you in your fight for financial compensation, our goal is to make sure you do not endure financial damage because of an injury suffered through no fault of your own. Our team files your claim on time, eliminating the risks of running out of time, or having your lawsuit dismissed.
The at-fault driver or the insurance company that represents them should pay for your required medical treatments and other recoverable damages. If you receive a proposed settlement from an insurer, we can review it to see if it adequately meets your needs. If not, we can continue negotiations on your behalf. If a fair settlement is unreachable, we can argue your case in court.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Put a Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyer to Work for You
When you or a loved one suffers injuries in a car accident in Pittsburgh, you are entitled to seek that the liable driver recoups the cost of your injuries and their related expenses. You do not have to fight for financial recovery alone. Our personal injury team is here to help you navigate the financial compensation process and get the monetary award you are entitled to receive.
Contact the personal injury team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC, at 800-959-1444 to start building your compensation claim today.