Rear-end collisions result from one vehicle hitting the back of the vehicle in front of them. While many people think that rear-end collisions are merely minor fender-benders, victims can suffer serious injuries or even death as a result of a rear-end accident. If you suffered injuries, the inability to return to work due to your injuries resulting in lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering, you may feel overwhelmed and confused regarding your next steps. If you want answers to your questions, a Salt Lake City rear-end collisions lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help. Contact us at (844)-638-1822 to discuss the details of your rear-end accident.
Why Determining the Cause of Rear-End Collisions Matters
If the driver of the vehicle that rear-ended you did not take proper precaution to guard your safety, they may be liable for your losses in certain scenarios. However, you must seek a payout from your own auto insurance first, as Utah follows a “no-fault” system, although some exceptions exist.
After you do so, you may be able to seek money through a settlement or lawsuit from the other motorist. Negligent drivers may have been:
- Tailgating (following your vehicle too closely)
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while distracted (texting, eating, drinking, smoking, distracted by checking a GPS)
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
A Salt Lake City rear-end collisions lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you with a rear-end accident and determine what types of compensation you may have a legal right to receive under the law.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Salt Lake City, call 800-959-1444
Injuries Suffered by Victims of Rear-End Collisions
Just as every rear-end collision has different facts and circumstances, the injuries suffered by victims of rear-end collisions will also differ. While some rear-end collisions are only minor incidents, there are circumstances in which a rear-end collision will result in serious and catastrophic injuries or even fatalities. Some examples of serious injuries suffered by victims of rear-end collisions include the following:
- Whiplash (ranging from mild to severe)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck, back, and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage and/or internal bleeding
- Broken/fractured bones
- Nerve damage
- Psychological or emotional trauma (commonly resulting in post-traumatic stress disorder as indicated by a study from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) following car accidents)
If you suffered injuries resulting from a rear-end collision, you should seek immediate medical evaluation and treatment. If you did not do so after the rear-end collision, you should do so as soon as possible in order to ensure that any of your possible injuries receive appropriate treatment in a timely manner.
Additionally, if you develop any worsening of symptoms or new symptoms after seeking medical evaluation, you should return to a healthcare professional in order to receive additional medical treatment. It is extremely important to have a medical professional evaluate you so that you have the ability to pursue compensation for your injuries following your rear-end collision accident.
Also, once you receive a medical plan for treatment from your health care professional, it is essential that you follow it closely to illustrate to the insurance company or court that you did everything as ordered by your doctor or medical provider regarding your treatment.
Salt Lake City Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 800-959-1444
Ways a Salt Lake City Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Can Help You
If a driver out of negligence rear-ended your car, causing losses, such as medical bills and property damage, they should be responsible for the damages.
There are many ways that a Salt Lake City rear-end collisions lawyer can help victims of rear-end accidents, including the following:
- Answering questions regarding your case and how the law applies to your own set of facts and circumstances under the laws of the state of Utah
- Helping you calculate all of the types of compensation you have the legal right to pursue under the law
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies to achieve a fair and just settlement for you after your rear-end collision
- Conducting an independent investigation in order to determine how the rear-end collision occurred and the cause of the accident
- Filing a claim in a court of law with the proper paperwork and within the statute of limitations deadline (Utah Code §78B-2-307) if the settlement offer provided by the insurance company proves inadequate to fully cover your injuries and losses
- Representing you in a court of law if the personal injury case related to the rear-end collision accident goes to trial
In many cases, a victim of a rear-end collision has many questions regarding their particular rear-end accident and how much compensation they may have a legal right to receive. The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC will take the time to answer all of your questions and ensure that you receive a better understanding of what your legal rights are regarding your rear-end collision.
Click to contact our Salt Lake City Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact Our Legal Team Today to Learn More
We understand the stress you may be going through as a result of the aftermath of a rear-end collision. You may also be wondering how you can get compensated for your losses. Contact our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (844)-638-1822, they can help answer your questions.
Our legal team can explain how a Salt Lake City rear-end collisions lawyer can help you understand your legal rights, conduct an independent investigation, determine the compensation amount you may have a legal right to receive, represent your interests with an insurance company, and ensure your legal rights remain protected if the case goes to trial.
Call or text 800-959-1444 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form