People use ridesharing services for a large variety of reasons, which include commuting to work or avoiding driving while intoxicated. While many people believed that ridesharing would decrease the number of accidents on the roadways due to a decrease of intoxicated drivers, research from the University of Chicago indicates that the number of traffic-related fatalities on the roadways actually increased. This increase in accidents may be the result of more vehicles on the roadways.
If you suffered injuries or losses as a result of a ridesharing accident, contact our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557 to understand all of your legal rights.
Car Accidents Involving Ridesharing Vehicles
In many ways, a car accident involving a ridesharing vehicle has many similarities to any other car accident. Any type of accident that can happen on the roadways can also happen in a ridesharing vehicle. If you were a passenger in a ridesharing vehicle involved in an accident, or if you were another motorist that was in an accident with a ridesharing vehicle, you should make sure that you follow these steps:
- Contact law enforcement as soon as possible. If you did not contact law enforcement immediately after the ridesharing accident, you should contact the police as soon as possible. This will ensure that there is an official record of your ridesharing accident.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should always seek medical attention as soon as possible following any kind of car accident. This medical evaluation will ensure that you receive the proper treatment for your injuries. If your injuries worsen or you develop new symptoms, you should revisit a medical care provider again to receive additional evaluation.
- Follow your medical provider’s plan of care and treatment. Following the advice of your medical professional following your ridesharing accident can assure an insurance company or a judge that you did everything possible to recover physically or psychologically from the injuries you suffered as a result of your ridesharing accident.
- Contact the driver’s ridesharing company to determine insurance coverage. Some companies will have their own insurance coverage for drivers, such as Uber’s insurance coverage. In other cases, you can determine whether or not you will have to pursue your claim through the driver’s own insurance coverage.
- Keep all evidence and documentation related to your ridesharing accident. Make sure to always keep all documentation related to your ridesharing accident, including medical bills, loss of income or wages, and property damage. Also, consider writing down all of your pain and suffering or any daily activities you can no longer enjoy or perform as a result of your ridesharing accident.
For a free legal consultation with a ridesharing accidents lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Filing a Claim for a Ridesharing Accident
If you suffered injuries related to a ridesharing accident, the first step is typically to negotiate with an insurance company to receive compensation for your injuries and losses. Determining which insurance company has legal responsibility can prove challenging and complex. The insurance company for the ridesharing company may be liable, and in other cases, the claim will have to go through the insurance company of the driver. A Salt Lake City ridesharing accident lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC can help you determine which insurance company has a responsibility to compensate you for your injuries and losses.
Every victim has the right to represent themselves and negotiate with an insurance company on their own behalf. If you make the decision to visit with an insurance company regarding your ridesharing accident, know that some insurance companies use tactics to convince a victim to accept a lower settlement amount. Some of the tactics that an insurance company may use against a ridesharing victim can include the following:
- Attempt to record a conversation to use something the victim says against them to offer a lower settlement amount
- Attempt to visit with a victim while they are still in the hospital or severely injured
- Attempt to manipulate the victim to say that their injuries are not as severe as they claim to offer a lower settlement amount
- Try to obtain medical records outside of the scope of the accident to claim that the victim’s injuries are the result of a pre-existing condition.
There are many other ways that an insurance company can attempt to manipulate a victim in the negotiation process regarding a settlement amount. If you suffered injuries related to a ridesharing accident resulting from someone else’s negligence, consider consulting with the legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC. Contact us today to learn how a Salt Lake City ridesharing accident lawyer can negotiate on your behalf to ensure your legal rights remain protected.
Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Consider How a Salt Lake City Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Ridesharing accidents can become legally complex due to the fact that the driver may have their own insurance or the ridesharing company may hold insurance coverage on behalf of their drivers during the course of their employment. If you suffered any injuries or losses related to a ridesharing accident, you likely feel overwhelmed and unsure of your next steps. Call our legal team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557. By doing so, you can learn more about how a Salt Lake City ridesharing accident lawyer can help you understand which parties have legal liability and responsibility for your injuries and losses, how to calculate the compensation you may deserve, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and ensure your legal rights remain protected through the entire process.