If you or a loved one is injured or killed by a reckless driver, you could be entitled to compensation. Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-598-7557 for a free consultation with a member of our legal team. This way, you can focus on your recovery and getting back on the road instead of worrying about managing the legal process.
Reckless driving puts everyone else on the road at risk for serious injuries or death. Whether it is an intentional type of reckless driving such as racing or road rage or simple distraction, everyone has the responsibility to drive safely and keep other drivers safe. While auto accidents can happen that are truly accidental, reckless driving accidents are not. These accidents are a result of another person who did not pay attention or drove in a way that created a dangerous situation. They should be held accountable for their actions.
While your auto insurance provider should cover some of the costs associated with any accident, it will only be able to cover some short-term expenses. Depending on the details of your auto insurance coverage, it could include some money for another vehicle and medical bills. However, this will not be enough to cover longer-term expenses, including medical treatment and the total cost of replacing your car. A reckless driving lawyer serving Sunrise can look over auto insurance company settlements to ensure that you get a fair offer and help you go after the responsible party for the rest.
Possible Recoverable Compensation
It could be possible to recover compensation from the other driver who is responsible for your injuries by taking legal action. Some of the types of compensation that you could be eligible for include:
- Medical bills: Any medical service that you need as a result of the accident may entitle you to compensation. Your lawyer must prove that the treatment was necessary as a result of the accident with the proper documentation.
- Physical therapy: Moderate to severe injuries may require physical therapy to recover from. Each billable physical therapy session can be recovered provided that the therapy is a result of the accident. Your lawyer will need to collect the physician’s assessments and medical records to prove it.
- Cognitive therapy: Car accidents involving brain injuries can lead to cognitive impairment, which takes cognitive therapy to heal. Since this is an unusual treatment path for anyone without a serious brain injury, it will likely be an easier therapy to receive compensation for.
- Lost wages: If you are seriously injured, you will likely have to miss work. To prevent a major financial problem from missing work, you may be entitled to compensation for the time that you missed.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering damages are awarded to help with the emotional and physical suffering caused by the accident. The amount is at the judge’s discretion and changes based on the severity of the offense.
- New vehicle: If you lose your vehicle in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for a new one. The amount is tied to the value of the vehicle that you lost.
This list represents just some of the types of recoverable compensation that a reckless driving lawyer serving Sunrise may be able to help secure in reckless driving cases. The actual amount of compensation you can expect to receive will vary based on the accident itself and your injuries. If you have any questions about how much possible recoverable compensation is available for your case, you can discuss this with a reckless driving lawyer who can give you information about past cases and precedents.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Sunrise, call 800-598-7557
Statute of Limitations
According to the Florida Statutes of Limitations & Constitution, Florida is a no-fault state for auto insurance. However, that does not mean that you cannot file a lawsuit against the person who is responsible for your car accident. In the event that someone’s reckless driving caused you to be injured, you can take legal action against them in a court of law. The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Florida is four years from the date of the accident. While this may seem like a long period, it can take a significant amount of time to prepare, file, and argue your case or reach a settlement. The sooner that you are able to discuss your case with a reckless driving lawyer serving Sunrise, the sooner you may be able to collect a financial award..
Sunrise Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-598-7557
Types of Reckless Driving
Police officers are required to write written reports of crashes within 10 to 14 days of the accident. By viewing this data, it becomes clear that there are many ways for a driver to be reckless while operating a vehicle. For some, this includes driving under the influence (DUI). However, reckless driving typically comes in the form of distracted driving, speeding, racing, or aggressive driving behaviors.
Chronic Issues from Reckless Driving Accidents
Often, reckless driving accidents can have long-term consequences for victims. This can include:
- Lost employment: Missing work for long periods after an accident can cost you your job. If you are responsible for the accident, this may also make it hard, since fewer employers are willing to hire you.
- Not enough money to replace your car: Replacing a car can be expensive. If you cannot afford to replace your car, then you may miss work and have trouble getting around. This can be a compounding problem, since missing work means you have less money to spend or save for a new car.
- Distress: Being involved in an accident can be stressful and leave you with a lasting problem, like anxiety or fear of driving. The distress that this causes can negatively impact your health.
- Fear of driving: Many people involved in accidents have a fear of driving afterward. This can stop you from going to work or maintaining a social life, which can add to your stress.
- Property damage and repairs: Any damage resulting from an accident must be repaired. This can be expensive and take a long time to finish. That means making payments towards ongoing projects to fix the damage.
This list highlights a small fraction of the ways in which a reckless driving accident can have long-lasting ramifications on the quality of your life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Discuss Your Possible Legal Case
After you are involved in a reckless driving accident, you can call us to discuss your legal options to see if you have a case. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-598-7557 to see how we can be of support. We will listen to the details of your case and identify some legal avenues for recourse. There is no cost for the consultation.