If you or a close loved one is injured by a reckless driver, you already have many tasks to deal with. You need to seek and pay for medical treatments, repair or replace your damaged vehicle, and may be missing days of work. Working with us can help you to seek legal action, we gather evidence and file necessary motions with the courts while you focus on rebuilding your life after the car accident.
The severity of the personal injuries may vary. You could be able to recover quickly with minimal medical treatment or require extensive surgeries for complex bodily injuries that will never fully recover. However, you do not need to suffer from devastating and life-changing injuries to pursue legal action against the person that is responsible for hurting you.
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-598-7557 to discuss your potential legal case with a member of our personal injury law firm. We will talk you through your available options and see what is best for you. You do not have to manage the aftermath of a reckless driving accident without extra support throughout the process.
Definition of Driving Recklessly
Reckless driving is a serious traffic offense where the driver’s mental state and actions put other drivers on the road at risk. This can include violating traffic laws, racing, and being distracted. In Florida, and many other states, there are serious penalties and ramifications for drivers who drive recklessly who endanger the safety and well-being of other people.
For a free legal consultation with a reckless driving accidents lawyer serving Davie, call 800-598-7557
Examples of Reckless Driving
Reckless driving is a catch-all term that is commonly used to cover a collection of driving problems. These include:
- Excessive speeding: It is acceptable to go over the speed limit by a few miles per hour. However, more than that is excessive and can lead to you being pulled over, fined, or arrested.
- Weaving in and out of traffic: Weaving is dangerous because switching lanes is a common risk for auto accidents. By weaving through traffic, you and other drivers become unsure of where everyone is and will lead to a wreck if conditions change quickly.
- Fleeing law enforcement: Running from law enforcement often requires high speed and is dangerous for everyone on the road. Many high-speed chases end in car accidents.
- Ignoring traffic laws: Traffic laws standardize how everyone uses roads. Not following those laws puts you in a dangerous position and will likely lead to a collision when other drivers continue to follow the laws.
- Racing: Racing, especially on roads that are not designed for it, has a very high chance of leading to a vehicle accident. Roads are not designed with the high level of precision found in racetrack designs and are often covered in dirt and debris that become road hazards.
- Illegal passing: Illegal passing puts you in the path of oncoming traffic. One misjudged attempt is all that it takes to cause a fatal accident.
- DUI/DWI: DUI stands for Driving Under the Influence and DWI stands for Driving While Intoxicated. Both refer to driving while taking substances that alter your perception or reflexes. Alcohol, marijuana, and even prescription drugs can lead to a DUI or DWI.
There are many ways to be injured by a reckless driver. This list represents just some of the more common ways that people are injured in reckless driving accidents. Your experience may be different.
Davie Reckless Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-598-7557
Steps to Take After an Accident with a Reckless Driver
At the scene of the car accident, it is important to call law enforcement and to seek medical treatment. There is a law in the state of Florida that states that you have 14 days to seek medical treatment to be covered by your auto insurance provider.
Additionally, any medical records, insurance investigations, and police reports generated throughout the process can be used later as evidence in a car accident lawsuit. While Florida’s No-Fault Law limits your chances of seeking compensation from the other driver’s auto insurance plan, you can still sue the other driver that is responsible for your accident.
Click to contact our Davie Car Accident Lawyers today
Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
There are many reasons why clients hire an auto accident lawyer after a wreck caused by a reckless driver. Here are some of the major reasons why you may want to consider discussing your potential case with a lawyer:
- Support: Handling a reckless driving accident case can be stressful, especially without legal training and experience. Having an auto accident attorney makes it easier for you to manage your case without added stress and lets you focus on your recovery.
- Questions answered: There are many questions about reckless driving and accidents that you will want answers for. The best way to get those answers is to have a lawyer work on your case.
- Knowledge about the discovery process: Car accident attorneys have advanced knowledge about how to collect evidence in the discovery process. This gives you a better chance of winning your case.
- Settlement or trial: Your case could end in a settlement or may go to trial. A car accident lawyer gives you a chance of winning at trial, especially given the complicated legal procedures involved. Your lawyer can also negotiate better settlements and keep your case from going to trial.
These are just some of the reasons to hire a Davie reckless driving lawyer. However, there are other reasons why people choose to work with a lawyer to help support them throughout the legal process. Whether your case ends in a settlement or goes all the way to a courtroom trial, an attorney can be an ally for you during the case. We want to recover a fair financial award for you that covers medical bills, pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost income, and more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Florida Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents
If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Florida, statute of limitations § 95.11 allows victims four years to file a lawsuit against the motorist who drove recklessly, causing the accident. A Davie reckless driving accident lawyer can submit all necessary paperwork and handle other areas of your case before the deadline. If you do not seek justice before four years, you will likely be barred from filing a lawsuit. Enlist the help of a lawyer and they can work to hold the responsible party accountable for their actions or inaction. The sooner you reach out for legal aid, the better.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-959-1444 for a case review with a representative of our firm and to have any questions answered. We want to get started on your case right away.
Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
Before you accept any settlement from your insurance company, it can be a good idea to discuss the details of what happened and the settlement amount with a Davie reckless driving lawyer. You could be entitled to additional compensation from the at-fault reckless driver. Contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC at 800-598-7557 to learn more about your legal options for seeking compensation and the overall process.
Call or text 800-598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form