If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to a medical error made by a professional whose actions qualify as negligence, then you may have grounds to receive compensation for your losses and pain and suffering.
Call one of our Coral Springs medical malpractice lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation regarding your case. We can help you pursue fair compensation with a medical malpractice claim or lawsuit.
A Lawyer Can Lead Your Medical Malpractice Case
A lawsuit concerning medical malpractice often comes after a serious injury or a death. If you are recovering from an injury related to some form of medical malpractice, or are mourning the death of a loved one whose passing is the result of wrongdoing by a medical professional, a lawyer can handle the legal burden of pursuing compensation.
A lawyer can lead your case from start to finish by:
- Helping you identify the parties that are liable in your case, as additional institutions or individuals aside from a doctor could be responsible for paying you awards.
- Speaking with other doctors to analyze the actions that were and were not taken by the medical professional in your case, developing a picture of where the error occurred.
- Obtaining and using in your case evidence of negligence and other wrongdoing by the defendant(s) in your case. This could include any video of the operation in question, hospital records, and other documentation.
- Securing the testimony of any witnesses whose accounts will strengthen your case for financial awards, including any people who witnessed the malpractice occur.
- Staying in contact with the counsel for the defendant(s) in your case to keep you abreast of any settlement offers that are on the table.
- Guiding you through the legal process of pursuing compensation from our initial meeting until you reach a conclusion to your case, namely a judgement or settlement.
- Defending your rights until your case is complete.
A Coral Springs medical malpractice lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC will defend your rights and fight to obtain any compensation that you are entitled to for the losses from medical wrongdoing.
Compensation Stemming from a Medical Malpractice Case
The specific details of your case are the greatest factor in what sort of compensation you are eligible for, and your lawyer will rely on those details to argue to the courts that you are entitled to coverage for losses such as:
- Medical expenses for the operation in question where you or a loved one were the victim of medical malpractice.
- Medical expenses that were the result of wrongdoing in that operation (or, medical expenses directly resulting from the medical malpractice that caused your lawsuit).
- The cost of rehabilitation required for injuries, both mental and physical, sustained due to medical malpractice.
- Wages that you lost due to the medical malpractice.
- Any diminished earning capacity that you sustained because of the medical malpractice.
- Any inability to pursue educational or other opportunities because of injuries you endured from the medical wrongdoing.
- Pain and suffering.
Sometimes medical malpractice results in the patient’s death. If your case is a wrongful death suit, then additional compensation for your losses may cover:
- Funeral costs.
- The costs of medical procedures administered to the deceased.
- The loss of future earnings of the deceased (loss of financial protection).
- Loss of parental guidance and comfort for children of the deceased.
- Loss of spousal companionship.
It is a lawyer’s job to help you obtain these forms of awards if you are eligible. Do not wait to seek legal counsel.
Connect with a Lawyer as Soon as Possible
A lawyer’s abilities to bring your case to court may be limited by the Florida statutes. Personal injury claims in the state generally adhere to a four-year statute of limitations from the date that the injury occurred. The window for wrongful death claims may be even shorter, as these may be subject to a two-year statute of limitations starting from the date of your loved one’s death.
There are many exceptions to both statutes of limitation, so visit with a lawyer regardless of how long ago you sustained injuries due to medical malpractice. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
We Will Hold the Liable Party Accountable for Their Wrongdoing
If a medical professional’s decisions and actions harmed you or a loved one, it is critically important that you reach out to a lawyer for help pursuing the compensation that you are entitled to. You are the only one that can decide to pursue the financial justice that you and your family deserve, so call our team today to get started.
Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Call a Coral Springs Medical Malpractice Lawyer at Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
If you or a loved one experienced injuries due to error by a medical professional, you have the right to seek a lawyer to help you receive compensation. Call our team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (844) 638-1822 for a free consultation. You pay nothing upfront or out of pocket, and we only accept payment if we secure compensation on your behalf.