Getting injured unexpectedly in San Diego, CA, is always inconvenient and frustrating, but it can be especially frustrating when you know your injury could have been avoided were it not for someone else’s negligence. Personal injuries happen quite often, and while some victims choose to work with San Diego personal injury lawyer so they can focus on their health and family after their injuries.
At Ben Crump Law, PLLC, we have worked with many personal injury victims across the country to help them recover the compensation they deserve. Contact us today at (800) 730-1331 for a free consultation with one of our representatives. There is no obligation to start, and you may find out that a lawyer can help you with your claim.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injuries may be caused by car accidents, defective products, medical malpractice, and more. We have helped victims that received personal injuries in cases such as:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slips and falls are some of the most common injuries, and if you fall due to dangerous conditions on someone’s property, you could have a claim against them.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: Texting and driving, operating a vehicle under the influence, and driving recklessly are just a few ways that a negligent driver can cause a collision with you.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors can make mistakes too, but sometimes those mistakes lead to a wrong diagnosis, leaving surgical instruments inside a patient, or sometimes patient death.
- Dog Bites/Attacks: When a dog owner does not properly restrain their dog and it gets loose and attacks you, that owner is then liable for what the dog did and your medical bills, among other forms of compensation.
- Negligent Security: Property owners should have some form of security to keep people safe, and if you are injured or attacked because there is not enough security on the premises, then you could make a claim against them.
- Defective Products: If a product was made incorrectly or even if a line is left out of the owner’s manual and it leads to an injury, you may be able to file a claim against the store, the company, or the manufacturer.
- Premises Liability: Getting hurt on someone else’s property due to their negligence may be grounds for you to file a claim against them, provided that you were there legally and they knew about the circumstances that caused your injury.
Additionally, if you lose a loved one to wrongful death as a result of any of these circumstances or another form of negligence, you could be entitled to recover compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving San Diego, call (800) 730-1331
Why Some Victims Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
After suffering a personal injury, you likely have a lot of questions and uncertainties running through your head. When you have a lawyer, they become the point of contact for all involved parties and will negotiate with that insurance company to try and get you the maximum compensation that you deserve.
During the negotiation phase, your San Diego personal injury lawyer will use evidence to back up your claim, which could include things such as:
- Photos of the scene
- Witness accounts
- Security camera footage
- Medical records
Per the California Civil Code (CIV) §1714, anyone involved in a case can file for damages no matter how much fault was assigned to them. However, your total award is reduced by the percentage assigned to you. For example, if you have 30% of the fault and your award is $100,000, you would then receive $70,000. If you do have fault assigned to you, your lawyer will argue on your behalf to try and get that reduced as much as possible.
Along with trying to reduce your fault for the accident, your attorney will also ensure that your claim is filed on time so that you do not miss the statute of limitations, according to the California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) §335.1. That is a two-year time period from the date of the incident or when the injury is discovered. If you miss the statute of limitations, you won’t be eligible to file for any kind of compensation.
San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 730-1331
Types of Compensation You May Be Able to Seek
In personal injury cases, there are types of compensation that you can include in your claim in order to try and make back the money you lost due to the injury. You and your lawyer can work together to determine how much you should try to claim, which can include:
- Lost Wages
- Future Estimated Earnings
- Medical Bills
- Future Costs of Medical Treatment
- Wrongful Death
- Pain and Suffering
In cases of medical malpractice, California does have a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages, but this does not exist for other forms of personal injury. Your attorney will know how much to try and ask for so that your total award is as high as possible.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Today
For several years, the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC handles personal injury cases across the U.S., including those in and around San Diego, CA. If you have suffered a personal injury due to someone’s negligent behavior, then a San Diego personal injury lawyer may be able to help you.
Contact us today at (800) 730-1331 to begin a free consultation with us. We will talk about your injury, what led to it, and whether or not we think you may have a case.