Businesses should take reasonable measures to prevent injury, illness, or death from a product or service. When they do not, they can be held accountable for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses caused by a dangerous or defective product.
An Aurora class action lawsuits lawyer can help a large group of people who have been similarly harmed or injured due to another party’s negligence or wrongdoing. A class action lawsuit can be an effective remedy for collecting damages and shining a light on harmful or illegal practices.
If an organization or manufacturer harmed you or someone you love, please call Ben Crump, PLLC, for a free consultation about your case. You might deserve damages for losses that you suffered through no fault of your own.
Call (800) 709-1441 to speak with a member of our team.
A Class Action Lawsuit Can Bring Compensation and Justice
A class action lawsuit involves multiple people who have been injured or suffered a financial loss due to another party’s action (or sometimes their inaction). A class action lawsuit allows many people to seek compensation and justice simultaneously.
This collective legal action has several benefits for plaintiffs (those who were injured by the other party, known as the defendant), including:
- Strength in numbers as many plaintiffs allege a similar complaint
- Divides court costs among many people rather than one person handling costs
- Attracts media and public attention by the sheer number of plaintiffs
- Brings attention and awareness to improper, unsafe, or illegal practices
Not everyone in a class action lawsuit suffered the same extent or type of harm. Plaintiffs are organized into “classes” in the lawsuit. Typically, there is a lead plaintiff, who is often the person who first brought the alleged wrongdoing to light.
For a free legal consultation with a class action lawsuits lawyer serving Aurora, call 800-709-1441
Our Law Firm Handles Class Action Lawsuits
Class action lawsuits are more complex than other legal actions, and not every law firm is familiar or comfortable in litigating them. Class action lawsuits are complicated for several reasons, including:
- Hundreds or even thousands of plaintiffs
- Plaintiffs do not always live in the same city or state
- Complicated or technical information must be communicated to a jury so that they understand the connection between the alleged injury and damages
An Aurora class action lawsuits lawyer can help you recover compensation and justice for yourself, a loved one, or if you lost a loved one due to another party’s wrongdoing.
Aurora Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer Near Me 800-709-1441
Common Reasons for Class Action Lawsuits
Class action lawsuits can hold companies accountable for their deception, harmful manufacturing practices, or defective products. In our experience as class action attorneys, the most common reasons for these types of lawsuits include:
- Financial crimes – People often seek collective action against securities and investment fraud by a financial advisor, organization, or group.
- Dangerous drugs or medical devices – There have been many high-profile class action suits in which plaintiffs allege harm from dangerous prescription medicine, over-the-counter medication, or medical devices.
- Defective products – Manufacturers who produce a defective consumer product (for example, defective airbags in an automobile) or who fail to warn consumers about a defective product can be held accountable.
- Employment practices – When many employees experience discrimination, harassment, or unfair termination, they can form a class action lawsuit to hold an employer accountable.
- Environmental hazards – People affected by improper disposal of toxins and other environmental hazards may file a class action suit for medical bills, pain and suffering, and even lost value to their homes due to toxic exposure.
- Racial injustice – Those whose civil rights have been violated or are victims of racial bias, injustice, or profiling can bring the at-fault party to court with a class action lawsuit.
Click to contact our Aurora Personal Injury Lawyers today
How a Class Action Lawsuits Lawyer May Help
A class action lawsuits lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC, can use our firm’s considerable resources to build a case. It takes time and attention to detail to prepare a class action case, with necessary steps such as:
- Interviewing and collecting statements from plaintiffs
- Determining classes of plaintiffs according to their injuries and damages
- Gathering evidence using public information, witness accounts, subject matter experts, photos, videos, recordings, and previous violations
- Reviewing local, state, and federal statutes as they pertain to the lawsuit
- Calculating damages for economic and non-economic losses
Class action lawsuits often cross geographical and jurisdiction boundaries. They may have different statutes of limitations. A lawyer can tell you how long you have to file.
It is important to call the office of a class action lawsuits lawyer as soon as possible so you do not miss the deadline for legal action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Work for You to Recover Damages and Justice
Plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit suffer similar injuries, but there are degrees of severity. For example, plaintiffs who allege securities fraud may have larger or smaller financial losses.
The legal team at Ben Crump, PLLC, will seek damages appropriate to the nature of the lawsuit and for the injuries or damages. These may include:
- Lost income, benefits, annuities, and other financial assets
- Lost home or property value
- Medical care and treatment
- Physical, occupational, or vocational therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the class action
You have already suffered because of another party’s wrongdoing. You should not continue to suffer financially.
Hire a Class Action Lawyer
If you have suffered because of employee discrimination, defective products, or from some other negligent action, an Aurora class action lawsuits lawyer can help you recover compensation. Call Ben Crump, PLLC, for a free case review with a member of our team at (800) 709-1441.
Call or text 800-709-1441 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form