A Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyer can help you or a loved one when you are injured because of someone’s reckless or wrongful act.
You did not ask to be injured in an accident that you did not cause, but you can ask for help in pursuing compensation and justice. Our firm can work to hold the liable party accountable for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Please call (800) 924-3113 for a free case review with Ben Crump, PLLC.
Our Role in Your Recovery
Texas has complex liability and negligence laws that can be difficult to navigate on your own. You should also know that many insurance adjusters want to settle as cheaply as possible, even if their offer does not cover all your expenses.
You should have the peace of mind to focus on healing from your injuries instead of dealing with the insurance company or the other party’s attorney. A motorcycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC is here to provide support for you and your loved ones, including:
- A free, no-obligation case review by telephone, at your home, or at the hospital
- Investigating the cause of the accident
- Identifying all liable parties
- Collecting evidence of injuries and damages
- Filing an insurance claim
- Negotiating for an acceptable settlement
If our lawyers cannot reach a settlement with the other party, you have a limited time to escalate your case with legal action.
Time Is Limited for a Lawsuit
Many personal injury lawsuits are the result of failed negotiation for an acceptable settlement. If this happens, you have two years from the date of your injuries to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003.
It takes time to prepare a case for court. That is why it is in your best interest to call the office of a Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as you can to discuss your legal options.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 800-924-3113
How We Can Help
Motorcycle accidents are usually the result of negligence. This is a failure by another party to take proper action or failing to act when necessary. The other party caused your injuries, and you are now faced with costly damages.
A motorcycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC can collect evidence showing this negligence. This evidence may include:
- Police or accident reports
- Photos or videos of the scene, debris, and your damaged motorcycle
- Witness statements
- On-board system information from the other vehicle (if available)
- Review of the other party’s driving history, previous violations, or drug test results
- Proof of your injuries using diagnostic test images and information provided by your doctor
You should not have to continue to suffer for an accident that you did not cause. Our firm is ready to help you and your loved ones with compassionate, proactive legal care.
Corpus Christi Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-924-3113
How We Establish Liability
A motorcycle accident lawyer will use the evidence, testimony, and other documentation to determine liability based on four conditions:
- Duty of care: the other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid hurting you
- Breach of care: the other party breached this duty of care through carelessness or omission
- Causation of injuries: this negligence caused your injuries
- Damages: your injuries caused you to suffer financial and emotional damages
Sometimes there are several liable parties who had a direct or indirect role in causing your injuries. A lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC can identify all liable parties to help you pursue justice from all those responsible.
We Seek to Make You Whole
A motorcycle accident is a personal injury that cannot be erased but can be rectified when you or your loved one is compensated for your damages.
Each case is different. Your damages may include one or more of the following types of damages that are often sought in a motorcycle accident case:
- Ambulance, emergency room care, medical tests
- Rehabilitative care and treatment
- Lost pay while you were injured
- Lost or damaged property
- Temporary transportation
- Other out of pocket costs associated with the accident and your injuries
- Pain and suffering
Some motorcycle accident victims cannot return to work or can only work part-time. If you or a loved one have suffered significant, long-term injuries, we can also seek compensation for:
- Lost income and benefits because of accident-related disability
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
These are tremendous damages for you and your loved ones. A Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC may consult with medical, vocational, and financial experts to valuate your damages for both present and future losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Like other accidents, motorcycle accidents could be avoided. In our experience, the most common causes of these types of collisions include:
- Driving drunk or high
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving (driver using a cell phone, for example)
- Unsafe lane changes
- Car doors opening into motorcycle’s path
- Left turns
- Failure to yield
- Following too closely
- Aggressive driving (road rage)
Some motorcycle accidents are caused by dangerous road conditions or a defective part.
About Motorcycle Helmets
Texas does not have a statewide mandatory helmet requirement for adult motorcycle operators or passengers. However, wearing a motorcycle helmet saved the lives of 1,872 motorcycle riders in 2017, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The agency estimated that an additional 749 lives could have been saved if the operator had worn a helmet.
You Deserve to Know Your Rights
A Corpus Christi motorcycle accident lawyer can protect your rights and help you recover damages from a reckless driver. If you or a loved one suffered harm in a motorcycle accident, call Ben Crump, PLLC at (800) 924-3113 for a free consultation with a team member.