Truck accidents are complex because they typically involve massive damages and more than one liable party. You have the right to call the office of a Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer for help.
A truck accident lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC will protect your rights, file insurance claims, and negotiate for an acceptable settlement for your damages. They can also take your case to court if necessary. You pay nothing upfront or out of pocket.
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident that was not your fault, call us today at
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover Damages
Truck accidents can involve significant injury and damage. Commercial trucks carry large insurance policies, and these insurance carriers may prefer to settle as quickly and cheaply as possible.
A truck accident lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC can help you seek damages with a thorough process that includes:
- Free consultation at your home, hospital, or by phone for your comfort and convenience
- Gather evidence of liability by the other party
- Obtain proof of your injuries
- Valuate your damages for both current and projected losses
Our firm can file an insurance claim on your behalf, and if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement, file a personal injury lawsuit. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you have two years from the date of the accident to take legal action.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Corpus Christi, call 800-630-9229
What We Recommend After a Truck Accident
We understand that truck accidents bring chaos and pain to you and your loved ones. It is our goal to relieve you of as much stress as possible as we pursue compensation and justice on your behalf.
A Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer recommends taking these steps after the accident:
- Follow your health care provider’s instructions for prescriptions, therapy, and other courses of treatment
- Keep all bills, letters from the insurance company, and medical test results
- Do not release any medical information or make any statement to the insurance adjuster without your lawyer present
- Avoid posting pictures or comments about the accident on social media
Our legal team at Ben Crump, PLLC will vigorously pursue money damages for your injuries.
Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-630-9229
We Understand Truck Accident Cases
Our firm is here to help you and your loved ones if you were hurt in a truck accident that involves:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Drowsy driving
- Jackknife accidents
- Drive-under accidents
- Cargo-related accidents
- Hit and run accidents
It is your right to have a lawyer by your side who can help you understand your rights and legal options.
Click to contact our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Lawyers today
Injuries Common in a Truck Accident
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 176,000 people were injured in truck accidents nationwide in 2018. A fully loaded 18-wheeler truck can weigh as much as 10 times an average car, and any collision can result in significant injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts
- Damage to soft tissue
- Internal bleeding
You could recover damages from the liable party or parties if you were injured as a motorist, vehicle passenger, pedestrian, bicycle rider, motorcyclist, or another involved party. You should not have to suffer financially from someone’s reckless act.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Corpus Christi Truck Accident Lawyer Shows Negligence
Truck drivers must undergo strict training in accordance with federal safety guidelines. It can be difficult for truck accident victims to obtain the evidence, testimony, and documentation needed to show negligence and recover damages.
A lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC can request driver records, review police and accident reports, and secure evidence to show the other party is liable according to these elements:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in preventing the accident.
- The driver breached this duty of care in some manner, such as driving too fast or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- This failure to take reasonable measures caused you or your loved one to suffer bodily injury.
- These injuries caused damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
The at-fault party may try to shift the responsibility of the accident on you or question the extent of your injuries. A truck accident attorney can counter these attempts with supporting documentation of your injuries and damages.
Types of Evidence Used to Show Liability
Today’s trucks and vehicles have sophisticated digital information systems that can be useful in showing location and speed at the time of the accident. A lawyer with Ben Crump, PLLC can request this information along with other pertinent material, such as:
- Witness accounts
- Photos and videos both of the accident, such as a dashboard camera
- Medical test results
- Statement by your medical professional about your injuries and your expected prognosis
- Police reports
- Truck maintenance and inspection reports
- Drug test results if applicable
Your own statement of what you can recall before and during the accident is also a valuable source of information.
What Damages You May Recover
Depending on your injuries, a truck accident lawyer can help recover compensation for:
- Medical care and treatment, including skilled nursing or home health care
- Lost pay for the time you missed at work
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot return to your job
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Our legal team can also help if you lost a loved one from truck accident injuries. We can pursue damages for wrongful death.
Call Today for a Free Case Review
You could recover damages from the at-fault party if you were injured through no fault of your own. A Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer can help you and your loved ones. For a free case review, call Ben Crump, PLLC at
Call or text 800-630-9229 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form