Every day, Daytona Beach residents and guests rely on buses to transport them safely to work, school, shopping, and the beach. While many of these trips begin and end safely, some do not. If you were injured in a bus accident and are wondering how you will pay for medical care and other expenses, it may be time to call a Daytona Beach bus accident lawyer.
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, has recovered more than $30 million in damages for personal injury clients, including those hurt in bus accidents.
For a free case evaluation, call (800) 921-7227. The sooner you call, the sooner we may be able to help.
Why Call a Bus Accident Lawyer
Get help navigating the legal complexities of a bus accident by contacting a Daytona Beach bus accident lawyer.
Depending on your case, a bus accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, may be able to:
- Identify liable parties
- Secure evidence of your injuries and damages
- Determine how your claim or lawsuit should be handled, depending on the involved parties
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company
- Take your case to court if it is clear negotiations are not satisfactory to recover your losses
You should know that Florida has different statutes of limitations, or deadlines, on legal action. For personal injury lawsuits, the statute of limitations is four years from the date you were hurt, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. It is important to give your lawyer enough time to exercise your rights to pursue compensation.
Why Bus Accidents Are Complex
Insurance claims and legal action can differ depending on what type of bus was involved in your accident. For example, if you were injured in a bus accident involving a municipality-owned vehicle, your claim is handled differently than a private bus accident.
A Daytona Beach bus accident lawyer may be able to help you after accidents involving:
- City buses
- County buses
- Interstate buses
- School buses
- Church buses
- Party buses, motor coaches, and similar multi-passenger vehicles
Bus accidents can be more challenging than other motor vehicle accidents, especially if they cause extensive injuries. They also may involve several vehicles and several insurance carriers. To learn how a bus accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, may help you recover compensation, please contact our firm today.
For a free legal consultation with a beach bus accidents lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call (800) 921-7227
How We May Help You Recover Compensation
A bus accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, has the resources to conduct a detailed investigation into the circumstances of your accident. An investigation is essential because it supports a proper valuation of your damages.
This investigation may include collecting evidence such as:
- Bus driver’s log and record book
- Bus maintenance and repair
- Driver’s history and training
- Drug or alcohol test results, if applicable
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Medical records and statement from your healthcare provider
- Photos and videos of the accident and vehicles
Bus drivers, owners, and operators must follow safety and training standards from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Any deviation from these federal standards may be proof of liability against the other party.
Proving Liability in a Bus Accident
Like other types of personal injury cases, there are certain conditions that must be met before you may be awarded compensation for bus accidents.
A Daytona Beach bus accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, is familiar with these conditions:
- Duty of care: The bus driver, company, owner, operator, or another liable party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in preventing you from being injured.
- Breach of care: The liable party breached this duty of care in some manner, such as a driver who ignores mandatory rest breaks or who drives under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Causation of injuries: This breach of care caused you or your loved one to suffer physical or emotional injuries.
- Resulting damages: These injuries have resulted in financial and emotional damages, including pain and suffering, medical care, and other losses.
In our experience, there may be several liable parties. Our lawyers can identify, communicate, and negotiate with these parties for you.
Daytona Beach Beach Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 921-7227
Recovering Losses After a Bus Accident
Bus companies must carry proper insurance for bodily injury and property damage. It is likely that a lawyer with our firm would first seek compensation from this insurance coverage.
No two cases are the same, but in general, you could be awarded for:
- Medical care, treatment, and attention (past, present, and future)
- Lost salary for the time that you were unable to work due to injury
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
If you have extensive injuries or are disabled because of your injuries, a lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, might also pursue awards for:
- Disability (temporary, permanent, partial, or total)
- Scarring and other disfigurements
- Diminished quality of life
Surviving family members, including spouses, parents, and children, may be entitled to compensation if the other party is liable for wrongful death.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Many accidents occur because of carelessness, whether it is a speeding driver or a manufacturer who cut corners on product safety.
Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Improper maintenance
- Insufficient driver training or licensing
- Driving while intoxicated
Whatever caused the accident that harmed you, you can rest assured knowing that your rights are protected by Ben Crump Law, PLLC.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Today for a Free Consultation
Don’t allow your bus accident injuries to create further financial pressure on you and your family. Hire a Daytona Beach bus accident lawyer to fight for compensation on your behalf. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, for a free consultation with a member of our team: (800) 921-7227.