Accidents and injuries can happen to anyone at any time. Sometimes, people are hurt in accidents that are not their fault. If this has happened to you, you are probably wondering if someone else is responsible for the costs of your injuries and other expenses.
If you were harmed in a car accident, hurt by a medical professional, or otherwise suffered because of another person’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation. You may be able to sue the person responsible for your damages in a personal injury lawsuit.
A Daytona Beach personal injury lawyer can help you with your case. An attorney can assist you in identifying who may be responsible for your injuries, seeking all available damages, proving your claims, and more. Call (800) 730-1331 to speak to a member of the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC about your case.
There Are Different Types of Personal Injury Claims
You may have a personal injury case if you were injured, or your property was damaged, because of someone else’s actions.
Examples of common personal cases include:
- Medical malpractice: You may have a medical malpractice claim if you were injured by a doctor, surgeon, or other health care provider during the performance of their professional duties. Medical malpractice cases may involve injuries suffered from a medication error, wrong-site or unnecessary surgery, surgical error, or missed or wrong diagnosis.
- Premises liability: Premises liability cases rest on the claim that your injuries were caused by negligent or unsafe property conditions. Examples of premises liability cases include slip and falls, negligent security claims, swimming pool accidents, and fire-related accidents.
- Vehicle accidents: If you were injured in a vehicle accident caused by a reckless driver, vehicle defect, or badly designed or maintained road, you may have a personal injury case. Vehicle accident cases may involve passenger vehicles, large trucks, motorcycles, or ridesharing vehicles.
- Products liability: Product liability cases allow you to seek compensation from a product manufacturer, distributor, or retailer in the event you are injured by a harmful product. You must prove your injuries were caused because the product was defective or lacked adequate instructions or warning labels.
- Workplace accidents: If you were hurt on the job, a personal injury lawyer can help you with your workers’ compensation claim. In some instances, a lawyer may be able to help you sue a third party. Workplace accidents may include falls, vehicle accidents, equipment accidents, or exposure to harmful substances.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call (800) 730-1331
You May Not Be Responsible for Your Costs
The American Bar Association states personal injury cases rest on two key issues: negligence and damages. Damages are the expenses resulting from your accident. To prove someone else is liable for your damages, a Daytona Beach personal injury lawyer must show they were acting negligently. This means they were behaving in a way that was reckless, wrongful, or would be deemed inappropriate by most people’s standards.
For example, in car accident cases, another driver may be liable for the crash if they were speeding, drunk driving or texting. A doctor may be liable in a malpractice case if they failed to uphold the standards of their profession. In a premises liability case, a property owner may be responsible for your injuries if they did not provide adequate lighting, clean up hazardous spills, or provide proper fire safety measures.
You can pursue compensation for any costs related to your accident. This includes awards for medical bills, damaged property, pain and suffering you have endured, lost wages, funeral and burial expenses, and more. You may also be able to secure benefits to help with future expenses, like physical therapy or mental health services.
Why Should You Hire a Lawyer?
You may be wondering why you should hire a lawyer instead of representing yourself. Every personal injury case is unique. Some claims are able to be settled through insurance payouts, but you can be sure the insurance company you are working with has a team of lawyers reviewing your claims. An attorney can fight for you to achieve a fair settlement.
Other cases will require filing a civil lawsuit to seek damages. Personal injury law can be complicated. No matter your unique circumstances, a lawyer can assist through the process. Working with a lawyer can also help to estimate fair compensation.
A lawyer can help you prove another person’s negligence caused your injuries using:
- Eyewitness accounts
- Reports from law enforcement
- Medical bills
- Vehicle repair bills
- Medical records
- Security footage
- Expert testimony
Daytona Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 730-1331
Call Now to Get Started on Your Case
If you are ready to take action against those responsible for your injuries, our team is here to help. We have assisted clients from around the nation with a variety of personal injury claims. A Daytona Beach personal injury lawyer may be able to help you win a settlement to cover your medical expenses, and more.
The team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC is dedicated to serving victims. We know the time after your accident can be difficult and confusing. You are probably concerned about the bills from your accident, as well as how to support your family while you recover. We do not want our services to add to your list of expenses. We can take your case on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing out of pocket.
You do not have to suffer alone. Help is out there for you and your family. To learn more about what Ben Crump Law, PLLC can do to assist you, call (800) 730-1331 for a free consultation.