Recovering damages from the liable party after a bicycle accident can be difficult, especially if you are recuperating from severe injuries. Florida has complicated negligence and liability laws that may leave you with more questions than answers.
A Daytona Beach bicycle accident lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost pay, and other losses.
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC, today for a free case review. A lawyer with our firm will take care of the many details to pursue compensation so that you may have the time you need to rest and recover.
Call (800) 761-5225 to connect with a team member now.
Bicycle Accidents Can Have Lifelong Consequences
According to a study by the University of Washington School of Medicine published in the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) journal, head injuries are the cause of most long-term disabilities in bicycle riders.
Some bicycle accident victims have lifelong medical conditions associated with their injuries, including:
- Chronic neck, back, and shoulder pain
- Cognitive impairment from traumatic head injuries
- Disfigurement such as scarring
- Organ damage or loss
You should not have to suffer from someone’s negligence twice. A Daytona Beach bicycle accident lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, will fight for compensation for your medical care, loss of income, and pain and suffering. Please contact our office today to learn more about how our lawyers could help you or a loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call (800) 761-5225
How Our Legal Team Works
We know how bicycle accidents and their injuries prevent you from working, taking care of your loved ones, and enjoying your daily routine. Our goal is to promptly handle your case and do all we can to recover compensation to prevent financial hardship.
A bicycle accident lawyer may perform the following services to pursue compensation on your behalf:
- Secure medical reports and an assessment of your injuries from your healthcare provider
- Obtain evidence of the other party’s liability or wrongdoing, using police reports, photographs, witness statements, and other supporting information
- Submit a detailed claim to the other party’s insurance company
- Negotiate the best possible outcome for your economic and non-economic losses
If the other party does not negotiate in good faith, it may be wise to seek awards from a judge or jury. Florida allows four years from the date you were injured to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Florida Statute § 95.11.
You Pay Nothing Up Front
Ben Crump Law, PLLC, has recovered more than $30 million in awards for our personal injury clients. While future outcomes are not guaranteed by past results, our bicycle accident lawyers understand the complexities of these cases.
We also understand that some people hesitate to call a bicycle accident lawyer because they may feel that they cannot afford legal representation.
- Do not require upfront fees
- Are paid from a portion of what we recover for you
- May seek legal fees from the other party if we take your case to court
It is your right for the lawyer of your choosing to represent you to the insurance company or the court. We would be proud to be your legal advocate.
Daytona Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (800) 761-5225
We Fight for Compensation and Justice
You should not have to be punished financially for injuries and losses from a bicycle accident that you did not cause. A Daytona Beach bicycle accident lawyer will fight for compensation for your economic and non-economic losses, including:
- Ambulance, emergency room, surgery, medical tests, specialists, and all accident-related medical care and treatment
- Lost pay for the time you missed from work due to injury
- Property damage (bicycle, helmet, cell phone, and other damaged items)
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity due to long-term disabilities
- Mental anguish
Many factors must be considered when calculating damages. A lawyer with Ben Crump Law, PLLC can take an objective view of your present and future economic and non-economic expenses.
Wrongful Death for Bicycle Accidents
Sadly, Florida has one of the highest bicyclist fatality rates in the U.S., according to the National Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA). If you lost a loved one after a bicycle accident in Daytona Beach, please contact us. We may be able to help you and surviving family members recover damages for such losses as:
- Medical bills until your loved one’s demise
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- You and your surviving family member’s pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, guidance, and support
- Loss of income, benefits, and annuities according to life expectancy for your loved one based upon age, gender, education, and profession
- Funeral and burial expenses
An attorney with Ben Crump Law, PLLC, is here for you to protect your rights and the rights of your loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Bicycle Accidents Happen
Bicycling is great exercise and a cheaper alternative to get to work or school than a car. Florida requires that all vehicles who share public roads, including bicycles, must obey state, federal, and local traffic laws.
In our experience, most bicycle accident cases result from negligence, such as:
- Motorists following bicycles too closely
- Motorists driving too close to the designated bike lane
- Drivers opening a car door into the path of a bicyclist
- Drivers failing to yield to a bicyclist
- Motorists who drive while intoxicated, drowsy, or distracted
Call Us Today for a Free Case Review
The sooner you contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC, the sooner we can start to work for you. Call the office of a Daytona Beach bicycle accident lawyer for a free case review. If you cannot travel to us, a member of our team can meet with you by telephone, at your home, or at the hospital.
Call (800) 761-5225 to speak with a team member.