Memphis has seen a dramatic rise in fatalities from car accidents, with more than 228 fatal accidents and counting in 2020, according to the Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security. Additionally, Shelby county is only second in the state for the most recorded crashes per year.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a rear-end car accident in Memphis, you can work with a lawyer to get the compensation you need to recover. A lawyer cannot undo the pain, injury, and harm from an accident, but making a full financial recovery can help significantly. Contact the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC and discuss your case to see if working with a Memphis rear-end collisions lawyer is the right choice for your recovery at (800) 598-7557.
About Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions happen in a variety of ways, which may be one of the reasons the Insurance Information Institute (III) reported that this type of accident is responsible for at least 10% of all deadly crashes. While advances in traffic-tracking technology and vehicle safety systems are helpful for measuring data concerning rear-end collisions, the amount of information on this particular type of crash is limited.The nuances of rear-end collisions can also make for difficult insurance and legal claims where drivers seek compensation for accident-related injuries and losses. There are multiple factors in rear-end collisions, where the front of one driver’s vehicle smashes into the tail-end of another. The following circumstances can make dramatically different cases in rear-end collision litigation:
- Unsafe Following Distance: Whether due to road rage, careless driving, or an attempt to get somewhere quickly, an unsafe following distance shortens the response time needed and puts all drivers at an increased risk for collision.
- Not Yielding the Right of Way: Traffic laws will vary by each individual circumstance but are important to consider in collisions that happened on highways, notoriously busy intersections, and major highways.
- Speeding: When drivers exceed the posted speed limit, it can lead to snap judgment calls in driving that cause rear-end accidents.
- Hit and Run: Hit and run accidents can result in criminal charges and may be subject to additional lawsuits from accident victims, even when the accident is not considered severe.
- Unexpected Stopping: While a safe following distance should generally protect drivers from accidents due to unexpected stopping, the flow of traffic may not be forgiving to the driver who stops unexpectedly.
- Driving in Reverse Gear: Tennessee Department of Safety & Homeland Security reports that over 340 car accidents happened due to improper backing in the last 10 years.
- Driving Under the Influence: Whether under the influence of illegal, prescription, or over-the-counter substances, driving under the influence clearly alters driver perception and judgment, which can easily lead to a rear-end accident.Although rear-end collisions might seem like accidents, they are many times preventable. An overwhelming number of rear-end collisions are caused by a lapse in judgment or human error. If you are involved in a rear-end collision that was not your fault, a Memphis rear-end collisions lawyer can help build a strong case to support your claim.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Memphis, call (800) 598-7557
Tennessee Car Insurance and Rear-End Collisions
After a rear-end collision in Memphis, most drivers would look to file an insurance policy claim but are not sure about the best way to handle the back-and-forth negotiation process that follows. Accident victims can rely on the guidance of a lawyer to have all of their legal options explained to them upfront with all of the information they need to know.When you file through another person’s insurance policy, that insurance adjuster has a financial interest in denying your claim partially or in full. Either way, working with a lawyer can ensure that your case is handled fairly. You should not have to engage with adjusters or other liable parties who may act in bad faith.
Tennessee Insurance Policy Requirements
Throughout Tennessee, comprehensive financial coverage is a requirement for all drivers. Additionally, Tennessee follows at-fault insurance rules, meaning that victims of an accident can file through the liable driver’s insurance policy to seek compensation for recovery. Tennessee automobile insurance requirements are the following:
- $25,000 minimum coverage for each injury per accident
- $50,000 minimum for total injuries when more than one person is injured in an accident
- $15,000 minimum for accident claims relating to property damage
Although the minimum insurance coverage amounts above are required for all drivers in Tennessee, drivers have the option to get more coverage. Driving without insurance is not an option, although Tennessee ranks high in the estimated population of drivers without insurance, at 20%, according to III. Drivers who get into a car accident without insurance may be subject to additional penalties and fines, but this does not necessarily prevent victims from seeking compensation for their losses.
Litigation surrounding insurance policy claims can become complicated when the accident involves liability claims with higher stakes. For example, a rear-end collision with a business vehicle, or a government vehicle can require different legal proceedings. In any case, a Memphis rear-end collisions lawyer can be by your side to ensure a thorough investigation and fair fight on your behalf.
Memphis Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
Legal Counsel for Rear-End Collisions
When you need help navigating the aftermath of a rear-end collision, working with a lawyer can make all the difference in the effective presentation of your case. You can work with a lawyer to hold negligent drivers accountable, but you need to act quickly. The statute of limitations for your particular case may vary, depending on a handful of unique factors that could apply to you. When you are looking for a quick recovery, working with a legal representative is one of the best ways to build a seamless case that protects and defends your rights. Get the answers and the help you need when you work with the lawyers at Ben Crump Law, PLLC at (800) 598-7557.
Call or text (800) 598-7557 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form