If you were involved in a side-impact collision, you might be feeling helpless with serious injuries and financial loss. It could be helpful to understand your legal options in the aftermath of an accident, as some victims are eligible for compensation.
If you are interested in learning more about what you can do next, there is a Mesa side-impact collisions lawyer available to help. Contact the team at Ben Crump Law, PLLC for a free consultation today by calling (800) 598-7557.
Car Accident Statistics
Vehicle accidents, such as side-impact collisions, are sadly common in the United States. According to The Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), in 2018, over 36,000 individuals tragically lost their lives on the road, with over 2.7 million injuries resulting from vehicle accidents. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that more than 2 million emergency room visits annually are due to vehicle accidents, costing billions of dollars in healthcare expenses and property loss.
Accidents can range from minor to severe and could be caused by a variety of reasons.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer, call (844) 638-1822
Side-impact collisions occur when one vehicle strikes or collides with the side of another vehicle. These types of collisions can be particularly dangerous and damaging because the angle of impact is generally close to passengers and can cause serious injuries. Side-impact collisions are common at intersections, which create the potential for two vehicles traveling in perpendicular directions to strike one another.
Stop signs and traffic lights at intersections are designed to prevent accidents by only allowing traffic flow in a single direction at a time. Therefore, if you were involved in an accident of this nature, it was likely preventable. If another party is responsible for your accident, you could be able to recover compensation for your losses.
Possible Causes of Side-Impact Accidents
There are many reasons why side-impact collisions can occur. Sometimes another party, or even multiple parties, are at fault for an accident for reasons including:
- Failure to stop at an intersection: This is a leading cause of side-impact collisions. If a driver fails to stop at a stop sign, red light, or yield sign, an accident could occur.
- Impaired Driving: Getting behind the wheel while drunk or intoxicated is dangerous. If your accident involved a drunk driver, you could have grounds for legal action.
- Distractions on the road: Driving requires a great deal of attention, but when a driver looks away for even a moment, the result can be catastrophic. Eating while driving, looking at a phone, staring at a road sign, or even engaging in conversation are all forms of distracted driving.
- Speeding: Speeding is consistently a leading cause of accidents, as drivers have less time to react when they are traveling too fast. This can lead to side-impact collisions and could be to blame for your accident.
- Mechanical failure: Mechanical failure can cause side-impact collisions if a vehicle is not working properly. Sometimes traffic lights fail, as well. In certain cases, negligence could play a role in a defunct traffic light or vehicle that has not been appropriately maintained in accordance with the law.
If you think your accident could have been caused by someone else’s negligence, you could be eligible for compensation. To learn more, contact Ben Crump Law, PLLC today by calling a member of our team today. A Mesa side-impact collisions lawyer can help you learn more about your eligibility for legal action.
Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (844) 638-1822
Common Injuries and Loss
A side-impact collision can change your life. You could be suffering in many different ways, from injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship. Some common injuries from accidents include but are not limited to:
- Internal bleeding and injury
- Trauma to the head, neck, and spine
- Sprains, strains, and dislocations
- Cuts, scrapes, bruises, and burns
- Property damage or vehicle loss
- Permanent disability or loss of mobility
- Loss of employment
- Loss of life
As you piece your life together following the trauma of an accident, remember that you are not alone. Taking action against the responsible parties can help you recover compensation that might make life easier during your road to recovery.
While every case is unique, if you were the victim of an accident, you could be entitled to the following forms of compensation following a successful claim:
- Damages for emotional suffering
- Reimbursement for past and future medical expenses related to your accident
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Lost wages due to your accident affecting your terms of employment
- Damages for a wrongful death
Having a side-impact collisions lawyer on your side might help you make an educated decision on whether or not you have grounds for a claim. Remember that there is a statute of limitations for car accident claims, so your window to take action could be limited. If you miss this deadline to file your lawsuit, the court could dismiss your case, preventing you from receiving compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Legal Help
Taking legal action against the parties responsible for your suffering can bring closure to a very difficult chapter. While your side-impact collision can have dramatic effects on your life, a successful legal claim could result in the compensation you deserve.
Whether you are simply exploring your legal options, unsure what to do next, or are ready to take action, a Mesa side-impact collisions lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC is available for a free case review. Call (800) 598-7557 today to connect with a team member to learn more today.