If you have been injured in a side-impact collision, you are probably struggling to recover. In addition, you could be trying to figure out how to build a case against the negligent party who harmed you.
When you are hurt in a side-impact collision because another driver failed to obey traffic laws, you deserve justice. You should not have to suffer through the pain and other complications your injury has caused. Perhaps you are too injured to work and have lost wages. Maybe you are still in the hospital and are looking at a lengthy recovery and months of physical therapy. You might need multiple surgeries or could face a lifetime of possible pain from your injury. Regardless of your circumstances, you should not have to suffer alone.
To learn more about whether you might be eligible for compensation for your accident, hire an Indianapolis side-impact collisions lawyer today. At the offices of Ben Crump Law, PLLC, we help people receive compensation for their losses. Whether you were the one injured or you have lost someone you love in a side-impact collision, we can help. Call our law office today at (800) 598-7557, so we can help you fight for justice.
Common Causes of Side-Impact Collisions
Side-impact collisions can happen due to speeding and failure to yield. Overall, a side-impact collision happens because there is a driver who fails to obey traffic laws. Some causes of side-impact collisions are listed below.
- A driver turning left could be hit on the passenger side by a driver in oncoming traffic. If the victim was making a protected left turn, the collision might be the result of the other driver running a red light. If the victim was making an unprotected left turn, the driver of the oncoming vehicle could have been negligently speeding, not giving drivers turning left enough time.
- A victim could be hit on the driver or passenger side, while passing through an intersection when another driver goes through a stop sign or red light.
- A driver coming out of a parking lot could hit another driver side-on while crossing the street to make a left turn out of the parking lot.
- A driver hit side-on while trying to cross the street could be the victim of a reckless, speeding driver, or a negligent driver that has quickly turned onto the road, not giving the victim enough time to safely cross.
An Indianapolis side-impact collisions lawyer can help you determine the cause of your accident. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC to learn more.
For a free legal consultation with a side-impact collisions lawyer serving Indianapolis, call (800) 598-7557
After a Side-Impact Collision
Whenever you are injured in a collision, there are certain steps you should take to collect and preserve evidence for your case.
- Consider visiting a doctor after the accident, because it will give you the opportunity to acquire documentation of your injury and its severity. This can be an indicator should your injury worsen. Try to keep other evidence of the status of your injury by taking notes on changes in the way your injury feels and pictures that show those changes, if possible.
- Hopefully, you were able to exchange information with the other driver at the scene of the accident. However, if you were immediately sent to the hospital after the accident and did not have an opportunity to do so, you will want to locate a copy of the police report, so that you can identify the other driver and their insurance company.
- Witness testimony can also be helpful in personal injury cases, so keep the contact information of any police officers or medical professionals that were at the scene of your accident.
- Keep track of expenses you incur from the injury and any loss of income from missed work. Noting other lifestyle changes and suffering resulting from your injury will help show the impact this accident has had on your life.
- Be careful when speaking to insurance adjusters from the other driver’s insurance company. They may offer you a low settlement, so consult your lawyer whenever you hear from the insurer. Alternatively, your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company, so you can focus on your recovery.
- It might be advantageous to speak to an Indianapolis side-impact collisions lawyer before filing your case because they can provide helpful advice.
Indianapolis Side-Impact Collisions Lawyer Near Me (800) 598-7557
Fighting for Justice
When another party injures you in a car accident, you may have the right to file a lawsuit against them to collect financial awards for the harm they have caused. In this case, not only have you suffered physical pain, disfigurement, and other injuries, you may also have high medical bills and a low income due to missing work.
To receive compensation, you will need to file a personal injury lawsuit. All lawsuits have their own statute of limitations, or length of time, before which they must be filed. In Indiana, IN Code § 34-11-2-4 states any personal injury victim has two years to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. To file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a lost family member, Indiana also gives you two years to do that as IN Code § 34-23-1-2 indicates.iga.in.gov/…ative/laws/2019/ic/titles/034
An Indianapolis side-impact collisions lawyer from Ben Crump Law, PLLC may be able to help you file your case in accordance with Indiana law. To learn more about how our firm might be able to help, give us a call at (800) 598-7557. We offer free consultations and expect no payment from you unless we win your case.