If your child suffered a birth injury, we understand this can be a challenging time for your family. Medical negligence can turn the birth of your child into a traumatic event. You can choose to seek justice when a medical professional violates your trust – especially if your child suffered harm.
Doctors and medical facilities throughout Minneapolis have a responsibility to expectant parents. Keeping your child safe from harm is the foremost duty of your medical providers. A Minneapolis birth injury attorney from Ben Crump Law, PLLC will seek a financial recovery for your family.
There Is No Excuse For Endangering a Child
No parent expects their child to suffer a preventable birth injury. You believe that a medical professional would do everything possible to prevent such an outcome. Doctors pledge to protect their patients from harm, and newborn children are the most precious patient one can care for.
Doctors face many challenges, but there is no excuse for an avoidable birth injury. When these injuries occur, Ben Crump Law, PLLC comes to the aid of affected children and families.
One of our firm’s missions is advocating for those “without a voice.” Your child had yet to find their voice when they suffered a birth injury. Let our team fight for the civil justice that your child – and your family – deserve.
Birth Injury Cases that Ben Crump Law, PLLC Handles
Our firm handles any case where a child suffers harm. Parents of injured children may be unfamiliar with the legal process. Even if you’re comfortable handling a case on your own, your child needs your attention now more than ever. Fortunately, our team has experience representing families of injured children. No birth injury is beyond our capabilities. We do see some common child injuries, though, including:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain Injury
- Brain Bleed
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)/Oxygen Deprivation
- Meconium Aspiration
- Bacterial meningitis/GBS Positive
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Erb’s Palsy
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC) from Baby Formula
- Fractured Collarbones
- Shoulder Dystocia
Merck Manuals provides a detailed list of possible birth injuries. Our firm works with medical experts who specialize in birth injuries. They’ll help us understand your child’s injuries, treatment needs, and prognosis.
A birth injury may result from an oxygen shortage, pressure on the head, unsafe use of force during delivery, and other dangers. Your family deserves to know exactly why your child suffered harm. You also deserve accountability for the birth injury.
When Are Medical Professionals Responsible For a Birth Injury?
Medical professionals are responsible for a birth injury when their negligence contributes to the injury. Any act or failure that puts the child at risk may qualify as negligence. Examples of an obstetrician’s negligence include:
- Failing to identify signs of fetal distress
- Failing to respond appropriately to fetal distress
- Failing to account for a mother’s health conditions, including gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
- Failing to order a necessary C-section
- Failing to address complications in a reasonable manner
- Using devices like forceps or a vacuum device in a dangerous way
Much can go wrong during a delivery. We’ll speak with you and your doctors about the cause of your child’s injury. If medical malpractice is a potential cause of the injury, then the doctor may be liable.
No parent is prepared for a birth injury. You may still be processing your unexpected reality, doing everything you can to alleviate your child’s pain. You shouldn’t have to worry about a financial recovery, too. Ben Crump Law, PLLC will fight for the compensation your family is entitled to.
For a free legal consultation with a birth injury lawyer serving Minneapolis, call (800) 641-8998
How Our Lawyers Assist Families Facing Birth Injuries in Minneapolis
We are a full-service law firm with extensive resources. You don’t have to worry about the outcome of your legal case. When you hire us, you know that we’ll be working hard for you. We understand what is at stake: coverage for medical care and due process for your child.
Our team is ready to:
- Work alongside your child’s doctors: They will provide insight into your child’s injuries. They may also share records of care and images of your child’s injuries. We’ll remain in contact with your child’s doctors as necessary.
- Gather any relevant evidence: Photographs, witness accounts, and other evidence can help us prove negligence.
- Retain medical experts: Medical cases often involve complex medical concepts and jargon. We can retain experts to testify or assist us in other case aspects.
- File your case as soon as possible: Birth injury cases involve filing deadlines. Our firm will draft and file your complaint as quickly as possible.
We’ll lead settlement negotiations on your behalf. Our attorneys and experts will go head-to-head with those who caused your child harm. Doctors and their employers must be accountable when they act improperly. Your child’s life may be difficult due to their birth injury, and we’ll negotiate with this in mind.
When Settlement Negotiations Are Unsuccessful
If we can’t reach a fair settlement, we’ll take your child’s case to court. We don’t shy away from tough cases or circumstances. Trust Ben Crump Law, PLLC to deliver the legal care your child deserves.
What May Your Child’s Legal Recovery Look Like?
A legal recovery will support your child’s physical, emotional, and cognitive recovery. We’ll pursue a settlement that covers:
- The cost of your child’s present and future medical treatment
- The cost of your child’s physical therapy
- Your child’s physical pain, emotional anguish, disfigurement, and other types of pain and suffering
- Your pain and suffering as the parent of an injured child
- Financial costs that stem from your child’s injury, including lost income, lost earning power, the cost of raising an adult child, and medical equipment
- Any other damages from your child’s injury
Minnesota does not cap damages for victims of negligence. Your family should receive a full recovery for your losses. Our firm has a record of strong results for our clients. We’ll fight tirelessly as we pursue a positive outcome for your case.
Minneapolis Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 641-8998
Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC Now For Your Free Consultation
Your family will pay no upfront costs to hire Ben Crump Law, PLLC. Serving victims of negligence is our mission, and you’ll pay us nothing unless we win your case in Hennepin County.
Let a birth injury attorney from our team protect your family from further harm. Call Ben Crump Law, PLLC today at (800) 641-8998 for a free consultation. Our nationwide firm has a strong presence in Minneapolis. We’ll provide the guidance and resources to complete your child’s birth injury case.